Hushed Willows Deliver me unto my fate.
141 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
Tags for reference. I have loved my time in Elysium with Sundance, and it's been a pleasure writing with you all.  :)

He couldn't find his mothers.

Sundance, frantic as yet another rumble shook the ground beneath him, tore through the weeping trees in search of either his parents or brothers. He was driven purely by fear not only for his own life, but for those of his beloved family. He first went to their burrow to search, finding it vacated and the soft shine of a familiar little pebble caught his eye. Sundance quickly gathered it between his teeth, held it firmly, and turned to run once more.

The boy cried out for Olive, for Seabreeze, for @Atwood and @Reif, until finally someone seemed to answer. @Sunny's call went up and the young Shakti veered toward it, surprised to hear his voice after the warrior wolf had dethroned him only days before. The sound reignited his hope: Elysium's family would rally to him, surely, eager to know he was safe. He would find his mothers and brothers there?

But the earth shifted below him, causing Sundance to stumble over his paws and come crashing to the ground with a yelp that sent his precious stone bouncing across the grass. He shifted to his side, propping himself onto a skinny elbow to collect his bearings, and the groan of a willy that had stood for generations drew his attention to its swaying branches. From the earth its roots appeared and the trunk rolled toward him; breath held and powder blue eyes wide, all the silver cub could curl into a helpless little ball and await his grim fate.

Luck, however, remained on his side. The tree missed him narrowly, trapping him only temporarily beneath its branches, and Sundance wriggled free of them to bolt from the scene that almost killed him. Adrenaline coursed his veins to power his flight, one that took him far in the opposite direction of where he'd intended to go without daring to look back.