Whitefish River Like the heroes in the cartoons
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
Every morning, she woke amazed that she could possibly still be getting bigger. She couldn't be sure when exactly the pups would come, but she just had a feeling that their time was fast approaching. She had picked out a den in the caves shortly after the meeting and every day, she added more things she thought she might need for when the babies came. She had gathered the soft branches from the willow tree and made a bed so that the pups wouldn't get cold on the stone and dirt floor. She had started gathering herbs she thought she might need and storing them inside the den, as well as making sure the communal herb den started to collect various important herbs. She knew she would be unable to do much once the pups were here, at least not for a little while, and she wanted to make sure everyone would be okay.

Today, she had been collecting moss to bring to her den so that anyone that might check on her in the first few days after the pups were born would be able to use it to bring her water. It helped to keep busy; it distracted her from how guilty she felt and how much she hated herself for what she did, not to mention she was terrified of giving birth. What if something went wrong or something happened to one of the children? It all made her feel like she was going to explode, so staying busy helped distract her mind.

She was carrying a mouthful of moss back to her den, and she found herself needing to stop once again and catch her breath. She could feel the pups moving around, and they were taking up so much room that she often felt out of breath, especially when she was moving around too much. She dropped her bundle at her feet and sat down to draw in a few slow, deep breaths; it would soon pass, and she could be on her way again.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen's neck is sore, having fallen asleep alongside @Winterbourne in an uncomfortable position. Perhaps it is a sign that he ought to slow down some, and understand that Kaistleoki won't fall apart the second he takes a moments break. Granted, if there is ever a day when such an event happens Evergreen would never forgive himself... so he powers on.

Muscle soreness bothering him enough that he thinks on talking with their resident star Physician. Although he knows Speedy might not be in the best condition to assist his aches, it is also the perfect excuse to check on her and perhaps give her company. He couldn't imagine being stuck unable to... fish, for example. It would leave him heartbroken! Alas, it would also be worth it for mini Evergreen's... maybe it wouldn't be so bad then. Minus the pain, and throwing up.

Catching Speedy's scent, the Count flows through Kaistleoki's territory and grimaces when he realizes it leads towards the caves. Stupid caverns. He is not afraid. Not at all! His terror lasts only a few moments, however, for he spots the very medic he's looking for. A smile curves broad across his lips, Evergreen quickens his pace. Miss Speedy! 'Lady Speedy?' As he grows closer, however, his smile disappears. In its place, the bearish Count furrows his eyebrows in concern. He slows once he is near.

Speedy? Are you okay? Oh no, oh no... what if it's the puppies? What is he supposed to do in this situation? Why couldn't Oki be here...
Working on wrapping up current threads!
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She didn't register the count's presence until he was saying her name and then he looked concerned and asked if she was okay. She must look worse than she thought. I'm okay, she said, still a little breathless. There's just not much room in there for my organs, she added, pointing her nose towards her giant, round belly. I just have trouble catching my breath sometimes, but I'll be alright in just a few moments. She smiled at Evergreen to reassure him, hating to see the worry on his face. 

How are you? She asked, her breathing returning to a more normal rate. She wasn't quite ready to stand yet, so she remained seated while she spoke, looking to her new leader while she waited for his answer.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Concerned for her and the pups' well being, Evergreen has a deep furrow upon his face. Perhaps being so panicked around said person is a bad idea, but Speedy takes it in stride. She confirms that she's alright, and explains the situation.

Oh, he whispers, shifting his mismatched green gaze down to the woman's belly. Man, he feels bad for her. They're gonna be cute, and he's positive Speedy will make a good mom, but she also looks ready to burst. They've gotten big, huh, the bearish Count comments, round ears flicking. Do you know how many...? Is that a rude question to ask? Eve looks sheepish.

He takes a seat next to Speedy, calm now that he knows all is okay for the most part.

Oh, uhm, I'm good! I was, uh, looking for you. His neck pinches, as if approving that Eve remembered it. The Count isn't so appreciative, but he doesn't want to overwhelm Speedy unnecessarily.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Smile growing, she nodded. Yes, they are. I think they should be here soon. There was no way to know for sure exactly when, but it had been just about long enough, and well, she didn't think she had much room left in there. She shrugged a little at his next question. I'm not sure, she answered, not at all offended by his curiosity. More than one most likely, but that's about all I can guess. She hoped not too many; that would mean a long, difficult birth, and she would prefer to not have to go through that. Although, her preference mattered little in this case, unfortunately. 

It was her turn to look concerned when he mentioned that he had been looking for her. In her experience, most usually sought out a medic because something was ailing them. Oh? Are you feeling okay? Speedy asked, worry twisting her expression.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Soon. That is exciting, right? It's also a Lot. The Count worries about their cache, if he needs to hunt more, and makes a mental note to fish later in the day.

Well, uh, if you need anything, I'll make sure I help. Even if it meant seeking help elsewhere and dividing tasks among the packmates to assist. Evergreen is confident these kids will be adored by everyone.

Oh! Uh, yeah, I'm alright! I just... sorta slept wrong and my neck hurts a little? I was, uh, wondering if you knew anything that could help with it. The Count looks a bit guilty for causing her to worry.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Thank you, Evergreen, that is very kind of you, she replied, lips curving into a warm smile. It was nice to know that she had packmates that were so generous and willing to help, especially since she wouldn't be able to do much for herself once the pups were born.

She listened intently as he described his ailment to her, the wheels of her healer's mind already turning as she took in the information and thought about what would best help him. It was most likely, as he suggested, that he just tweaked the muscles, but she wanted to make sure nothing else was going on. I have some willow bark that will help with the pain, Speedy began. Are you feeling okay otherwise, though? No nausea or loss of appetite? The questions might seem like overkill, but she would feel terrible if she missed something.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Willow bark… he’ll have to remember that, and see what it looks like so next time—if there is a next time—he won’t have to pester the mother-to-be. He wears a sheepish smile. Medic stuff has never been his forte.

Uh, nah, only the pain. It’s not a lot though, kinda… like stepping on a thorn. Irritating enough it’s noticeable but not enough to put me out of commission, he rambles, hoping that his explanation is clear enough about the pinched feeling.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Oh good, then it didn't seem to be anything too serious. She slowly got to her feet. I'll get you some now, she said, turning to head to the caves. I'll be right back. If he said anything to try and stop her, she would have promptly ignored it and continued her waddling towards the herb den. She wasn't out of commission just yet, and she wanted to help him feel better. Plus, they weren't that far from the caves anyway.

She returned eventually with a few pieces of bark held in her jaws. She'd had to catch her breath again once in the den, but he didn't need to know that. She laid her mouthful at his paws and sat down, panting a little. Eat a few bites anytime your neck is bothering you, and you should feel better, she instructed with a smile.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Fade here? :) Feel free to reply or archive with my post!

Ugh, he feels so guilty! The last thing he wants is to force Speedy to move again, when she obviously needs some rest and time off her feet. Alas, the Count gives a shy smile as the Physician takes to the caves. Fortunately the trip is short back and forth. Speedy returns with bark.

Eve’s face twists in discomfort—he has to eat… tree? Gross. He won’t tell her his childish complaint, even if it is obvious upon his face. Instead, he looks up from the bark at her paws, and gives her a beaming smile. Thank you, Miss Speedy! Once it stops, I’ll hunt a few fish for you and the little ones, he says—excited yet nervous still at how soon it seems more mouths will join them.

Leaning down, he takes a small bite of the bark—and though the relief is not immediate, it comes to him eventually. He follows through with his promise later that day.