Whitefish River tonight i'll have a look and try to find my face again
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Alas, he finds himself wanting to try, against the odds. No matter how much hears the screech of being undeserving, of others needing to rest their heads elsewhere, Eve wants to try. He is here, at least, until River gets to his feet—and how can he deny the flutter in his chest, as it eases up? The tender tone of River’s raspy voice makes him melt into a soft, shy smile.

It is with the silver male’s touch that the bear indulges in scooting closer, using his stocky limbs to push forward, and bury his cheek into the crook of River’s neck. Amusement flickers in his mismatched green eyes, and he finds himself wanting to laugh; not at his words, because bless him for trying to express and doing so, but out of relief. He was so sure River hated him, after all… it seems silly to think about now.

I like being around you, too. Eve finally finds reason to relax again. And, uh, care a lot about you, too. He repeats, because it is important and at this rate, Eve finds himself out of ways to be eloquent with words—it’s never really been his thing.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
207 Posts
Ooc —
A soft, shaky breath escapes him at the feeling of Evergreen's warm cheek against his neck, and he trembles with tiny electric shivers racing down his spine. He melts into the touch, eyes closing. He hears his companion's response as if from a distance, and finally he relaxes fully; finally, he really feels like this is right, though he doesn't dare hope the feeling will endure. He isn't thinking about that now anyway.
Can we - He cuts himself off as he remembers what they had been doing before this conversation - or, about to do. Sheepish and childlike in his vulnerability, he starts again, pulling away slightly to look at Evergreen. I-I know you probably still wanna eat... but can we... um, I mean, would you like to... come in here for a few minutes first? With me. He swallows, painfully aware of how bad the invitation sounds. That came out weird, I'm sorry. I'm... bad at this stuff.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All he wishes to do now is to wrap River into a comfortable bundle and snooze. Angry, hungry stomach ignored and oddly easy to do so, when he’s with someone he cares for like this. It seems obvious that they both need each other’s company now more than ever. The soft smile decorating his lips pulls further the second he feels River sink into the tender touch.

He nuzzles further, round ears flattening against his head, and the bear feels grateful for his size for once. It comes in handy when wanting to snuggle up to your… crush? Their feelings are mutual. His heart beats at the thought. Only recently he felt the sourness of being put in his place, and certainly he feels the silver male nestled with him deserves more than Eve could ever give.

The conflicting feelings storm with him, but again, he finds himself wanting to… try at least.

River’s soft words snap him out of the haze. Eve hadn’t realized he closed his eyes, having gotten comfortable and strength leaving him after the stress that their encounter brought moments before. (Well worth it.) Oh, uh, he says, louder than he meant to. Uh, yeah. I’d like that.
Working on wrapping up current threads!