Northstar Vale the sharks
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Private 
The vale was an oasis hidden amongst all the stone walls, tucked away from prying eyes. But she had been lucky enough to discover it. Without hesitation she had run down to the creek in the heart of it all. The water was, obviously although she hadn’t considered it, rather cold but she braved it. Washing her fur clean of weeks of travel.

Then came the hunger. She had not been the best at feeding herself but who was when they were a loner? Now came the awful task of figuring out what she could get while by herself. Perhaps something more aquatic would do. She was already in the water after all.
common & tevene
May we stay lost on our way home.
63 Posts
Ooc —
Just wait here, She'd told Eastwood, feigning concern for him in her efforts to get some time alone. I'll find herbs for us β€” and we can try to hunt later. And with that, she'd left him, attention drifting elsewhere as soon as he was out of sight. Something here strikes her as familiar. Not visually β€” but there's a hint of a scent she swears she knows.
So she follows it, heart beating faster as it grows stronger, even before she consciously realizes who the scent belongs to. Eleni? It slips from her shakily, too quiet when it finally dawns on her. And then again, louder β€” Eleni! She spots her submerged in a creek and breaks into a run, too breathless to call out again but certain her sister must have heard her. And even if she hadn't, she will soon.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Oh! Was it true? Was it real?

Whatever calmness she had gained in order to fish was lost within moments. Her legs moving quick but clumsily through the water. She practically tripped over herself getting out of the creek. Nirali! She cried, tail whipping and in turn throwing water everywhere. If she was not stopped she would aim to throw herself onto her sister. You don’t know how glad I am to see you. Are you well? And although she asked, she could not stop her gazing from roaming to check.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
The relief finally hits her when she hears her own name, and she can't stop the breathless laugh that slips from her as she moves to embrace her sister. The cold sting of water soaking through her fur barely registers when she finally reaches her. Not as glad as I am to see you, I'm sure, She tells Eleni, laughing again when her enthusiastic greeting nearly knocks her off her feet despite the stab of pain in her shoulder. She hardly notices herself slipping back to her first language, though it feels oddly unfamiliar for a moment. I am β€” well, mostly. It'd be pointless to try to hide the angry red wound stretching across her shoulder, aching and burning from the beginning stages of an infection. But that isn't her concern right now. Are you?
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
I'll be better when you are. She had admittedly been a bit too brutish with her greeting and so she aimed to gently nuzzle the fur of Nirali's neck. It is then with the closeness that she can truly examine the wound that ran across her sister's shoulder. How long have you had the injury? There's concern in her voice but she would remain calm, recounting any lessons in her mind. Something for pain would undoubtedly be needed with the irritation of it. Cleaning, covering, and...her mind drifts. Come. She beckons soflty for her sister to slowly follow her back to the water. All the while her gaze flutters about in search of something useful for healing.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
Oh, she'd missed Eleni, and all of the little things that characterize her: the soft songbird-chime of her voice, the familiarity of her gentle touch, the sweet earthy scent of her fur. Warmth fills her chest as she steps back, watching her sister slip off into thought, and for a moment her throat is too tight with emotion to answer the questions asked of her, so she only follows.
Since yesterday, She says when she's able, following Eleni's gaze as she surveys the foliage. I've been traveling with a man β€” I'm not sure I'd call him a friend, but we help each other. A huge golden cat attacked us β€” bigger than any wolf I've ever seen. She glances to her sister's face to see how she reacts, wondering if she'll even believe her. Truth be told, Nirali isn't entirely sure she'd believe it if she hadn't seen it herself. We killed it. She adds after a moment, finding herself unable to keep from boasting a bit anyway.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
"A huge golden cat attacked us β€” bigger than any wolf I've ever seen."

What?! She blurted as she turned her head to give Nirali a bewildered look. Have you hit your head? Did he drag you into this? She briefly looked around Nirali's skull but there was no sign of obvious damage. No giant hole in her sister's head to explain such a wild situation. Killed it or not I'm just...I'm glad this is all that happened. I don't know what I would do if β€” She had to stop, sucking in a deep breath and looking back to the water. Oh god. She was so emotional β€” over dramatic β€” and it was awful, blinking away the tears.

Nirali was fine, she was right here. Deep breath in. Let's just clean it up so I can treat it better.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
Her eyes widen at her sister's initial response, and she can't help feeling offended for several beats. It's clear Eleni is only concerned for her, though, and Nirali soon finds her irritation giving way to amusement β€” and then guilt. Her gaze drops when Eleni looks away, and it takes her a moment to gather the courage to offer a gentle nudge. Hey, I'm okay, She murmurs. I'll even be a good patient for you this time. Mostly. She offers a grin as she pulls away, hoping to reassure her, and sits to demonstrate her (relative) obedience.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
You better be. Her voice was meek but she managed to put a small smile on her face. I'll be mindful of the injury. Promise. She had no intentions of purposely hurting her sister but Eleni figured applying anything to the injury was going to be less than pleasant. Regardless she would attempt to keep her promise and hopefully catch up with her sister some more.
common & tevene