Whitefish River BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He had returned with the others after the initial shock of a quaking earth, and resumed his duties. The rumbling hadn't lasted long and it had been distant even so, leading Firefly to think less and less of the possible danger around Kaistleoki. It was better to keep busy anyway; if anything were to go wrong then they would need every able body to compensate. The season may have just shifted from summer in to autumn, but that was another thing to consider - it would soon be too cold and sparse for hunting smaller game, and the pack would need more supplies before then.

It was Firefly's plan to winter here at the very least, and to do that he'd need to be useful. Having given his word that he would keep his head down and keep busy (while also avoiding Vercingetorix and whatever spawn he'd created), Firefly wasn't about to go back on his word nor incur the wrath of the former Dragedan; let old rivalries die, or at least stagnate, until a better time. With these thoughts in mind (or at least considered somewhere in the man's brain, however vague) Firefly got to work trailing after the scent of yet another pest.

He was crossing by a section of the territory he hadn't been to before when he heard a sharp call, and paused. As he lurched to a stop Firefly realized the earth hadn't quite finished - he felt a distinct sense of vertigo, feeling as if the ground was rolling and curling, his equilibrium fluctuating dramatically enough to make him duck and side-step, at which point the rumbling ebbed away. It took a moment before Firefly felt confident enough to stand up properly - and even then, his hindquarters were tense and vibrating softly. He shook the nerves from his body with a toss of his shoulders (down to his hips), and then remembered - that yelp!

Hey - someone here? He hadn't looked around much until that point, and finally took notice of a hollow where - he presumed anyway - someone was hiding out. The scent of Vercingetorix was stronger here which put Firefly on-edge, but if he was going to be of any use, he may as well start now. Ducking towards the entryway, Firefly's eyes took a moment to adjust, and he saw (or thought he saw) a skinny mini-Vercingetorix, and did a double-take, because, Ah, hell, you're another one of his aren't you? At this rate he'd lose his other eye for sure.
Messages In This Thread
BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Dragomir - September 13, 2019, 11:23 PM
RE: BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by RIP Firefly - September 13, 2019, 11:49 PM
RE: BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Dragomir - September 27, 2019, 02:31 PM