Whitefish River BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Last post from me, I think, since he is now RIP. Can fade after!

Firefly wasn't the best creature when it came to children. He'd never really meshed with them, never given himself the chance to form that kind of attachment, so he was more interested in saving his own skin when the ground's quaking worsened. Still, he was pacing outside of the hollow where Dragomir was stuck; he heard some sounds that indicated someone was talking, but as the ground gave one drastic lurch after another, Firefly's thin patience finally snapped.

He lunged inside the little cave, shoving against the big figure of Evergreen to get to the boy; whatever his injuries, he couldn't lay there and let the dirt take him. Firefly wouldn't let him be swallowed up like that. So as he jockied for position next to Evergreen he told the kid, Look, the earth is shaking and you're not safe. You have to get up. If you can't, I'll drag you out. It'll hurt and maybe it'll screw with your healing, but its better than being buried alive - so brace yourself, and it was the only warning he'd give.

Firefly pushed ahead and grabbed at Dragomir's neck, like a parent might a cub, then pulled and stomped in reverse, bringing him partway out whether he was struggling to stand or not; whatever the kid's issues he had to be removed for his own safety. Once he was out then Evergreen could help him the rest of the way.
Messages In This Thread
BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Dragomir - September 13, 2019, 11:23 PM
RE: BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by Dragomir - September 27, 2019, 02:31 PM
RE: BWP: If you'll be my star, I'll be your sky - by RIP Firefly - October 14, 2019, 12:02 PM