Whitefish River Life Itself
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
for @Evergreen and @Reiko hoping I can do phone posts in the coming weeks, but since I have today I figured I'd start this
With the time that followed since Ira first spoke to Rei, there had been several times the Constable saw the young girl running around. It was more than she advised, but if it was working for her then who was she to say otherwise. Thanks to her hard training she was able to call this meeting sooner than she originally planned.

Ira had returned to the ring she built along the river and howled for the two guardians in training. After speaking with Evergreen she had realized he was perfect as a stand-in sparing partner for Reiko. His fighting style would be the complete opposite and they could both counter each other with the right moves. Not to mention he hasn't been in too many fights so there was no large disadvantage for the younger girl.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
taking a ride on a cosmic train
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Ira had called. It must be time, or so she assumed all things considered. Quickly the young woman came in, joining the Constable for what might be a spar to come. The next step in her training in being a better guardian for those smaller than herself.

She had taken her training seriously, perhaps a little too much so for most - but it was all or nothing in her opinion. Long slender legs carried her swiftly to the roan woman's meeting, Reiko had gotten more slender, lean muscle taking over where near skin and bone was once making home on her physique. Not an ounce of fat left and all that had become of her was lean, mean, running machine. 

With the muscle giving her better control, her footing was light and controlled. For once she noticed how surefooted she felt as she approached, especially after taking a couple days off to recover before this meeting had been called. Smiling, she waited to see who would be her sparring partner today.
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
After their meeting, Evergreen has pondered what the roan Constable had in mind. Sometimes he wonders if Ira is purposefully cryptic in nature, or if it's simply just who she is. Regardless, it never fails to leave the Count on the edge of his seat.

At her beckon, he is quick to disgard his patrol in favor of rushing to her. At first, he worries that it may be something urgent, or have something to do with Kaistleoki's wellbeing. Alas, once he notices where he is heading, it all clicks.

The next step in his training!

Bounding on, he slows his pace when he reaches the river's shoreline. He sees Ira ahead, accompanied by Reiko. An eyebrow lifts.

I'm not late again, am I? Evergreen teases lightly, but he surely hopes not.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The Constable dipped her head to the apprentice as she hastily responded to her call. There was an obvious difference in the younger girl's physical appearance, more so than she was expecting but it pleased her. Clearly, Reiko had trained hard. It would be a bit more of a wait until Evergreen arrived to which she only rolled her eyes at his teasing, Not any more so than usual. I assume you both need no explanation as to why you're here? She had informed both parties that the next step of their training would become more physical, it was time to turn lessons into actions.

Golden eyes scanned both looking to see if they had questions, but ultimately would move to step out of the ring signaling for them to stay letting her motions speak for herself. Once she had settled herself where she would be able to observe both with ease she spoke again. Move to opposite ends of the ring and turn to your sparring partner.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Patiently she waited, but as Evergreen approached, her smile faded ever so slightly. Her sparring partner would be one of the biggest members they had and the Count of all things! She saw Evergreen as one of her closest friends here, not knowing many other than Speedy, Ira, and Evergreen; and even then not to any sure depth just yet. 

Shyly she followed Ira's orders to go on the opposing sides of the rink she had found for them. Ears slightly lowered as she felt uncertain about how this would all go down. Dwarfed by the sheer size of Evergreen, she would have to really listen to Ira and see if she could make any use of her new endurance and speed she had gained through training... Although this felt more like an uphill battle. She did tell Ira that she didn't mind who her partner was, but now she felt the mistake that was made.

Ready when you are. She spoke softly from her side, ears perking just for a moment as she gave him her full attention. Frankly, she wasn't even certain on how to begin this whole thing...
Hiromi, Yuudai and Takeshi are welcome in all threads Reiko is in unless marked as Private! When outside of Northstar Vale it is always assumed one of her guards is near by and will be tagged into the thread if necessary!
Healing (2/6)
Severe bite wounds along neck, moderate along nape, and bruising. Healing will take 6 weeks starting Saturday, July 04.

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
He takes in a deep breath, attempting to swallow the lump forming in his throat. How serious can he be, going against a packmate? His round ears flicker, and he follows the guidance with hesitation. Curling around the ring, he stands with his blind side pointing away from Reiko. It would do him little good if someone small and agile gets underneath him. He has experience fighting with smaller targets, due to the endless play spars with Thistle.

It makes his heart ping, and he tries to put himself in the mindset of serious instead.

Good luck, the bear says, just as softly. He aligns his neck with the tops of his shoulders, allowing him to better guard his throat. Eve trails along the circle, approaching with his blind side still pointed to the outer perimeter. The sand effects his balance, for he must step different than if the terrain were solid. It gives them good practice.

Abruptly, he charges forward, attempting to keep his balance with his toes spread and tail swaying to counteract. He tries to plow into the left side of Reiko, jaws grasping for the top of her scruff.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
With a nervous nod, she waited for what Evergreen would do. It didn't seem to last very long - he was quick to begin, closing the distance between them. Instinctively she ducks, twisting her spine just enough to avoid her scruff from being grabbed so soon. 

Slipping underneath the larger Evergreen, quickly as to avoid the chance of him crushing her beneath his weight; snaking around from under his chest and quickly coming up from underneath and around his left side and attempt to nip at his elbow.

Be quick, instead of powerful blows, chisel away at your opponent - or so that's what she did recall about Ira's advice when handling someone bigger than her. 

Ears softly pressed against her skull, she kept her eyes on his figure as to try and figure out his tactic and simply just avoid anything that came her way. What she did take notice of was of his footing... it seemed he wasn't all too comfortable on the terrain... perhaps it was his weight against the shifting sands? She would take note of this...
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
She is slippery, a fish on land swimming through the air. And yet, the bear has more experience fighting with those types than he does with heavy hitters. It is why he lost his eye—his reflexes betraying him when going against tanks. He dips, shifting his hindquarters to his right to keep an eye on how Reiko slips underneath him towards his left. A mistake on her part, for she could have kept on his blindside. But perhaps her way of having mercy. True opponents, however, will not grace such mercy.

As she goes for his elbow, the beast has already turned enough that he can strike down. His jaws attempting to latch their way around her muzzle to counteract the try to his elbow.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'm just gonna post ever 1-2 rounds. If I haven't replied yet after a second set please wait!

Without needing her go for the two to start, Evergreen charged forward. Reiko was ready of course, nimbly sliding under as she swerved to the bear's left. That was a mistake, and one the bear seemed to catch on. Use his weakness, he has an entire blind side. Evergreen was already rearing for another attack, but if the girl was fast enough she would be able to dodge. Try immobilizing her, slowing her down. She's going to be quick and tire you.
649 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She had successfully gone under and to his side! She was feeling good until - a surprised yelp escaped her as his teeth grazed her gently. Quickly she moved back, using her agility to gain some ground between them by backing away behind him. Not in pain, in sheer shock that it was all happening so dang fast.  He has a blindside? She asked herself perhaps a little too loud, honestly wasn't aware that he had a blindside at all! She thought perhaps his odd-colored eyes were his a trait of his, not from an illness. She would remember this. 

This time she quickly moved over to his right, she would try to remain here by watching his footing... Moving with him like a shadow until the opportunity arose. If she could not go for a limb, maybe she could go somewhere that he would have a hard time reaching? At least she thought. With a leap, she attempted to hop onto his right side, between his shoulder and back and gently bite where the shoulder blades meet.

Whether her actions met their target - she was off, kicking off him before he could use his weight to throw her off - if she had missed... it would be an embarrassing crash to the ground (feel free to roll this if you want in the table top!!).
Healing (2/6)

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Next post will be my last! Sorry for holding this up so long
Tsk, Ira outs his blindside, which Reiko had been unaware of—it explains why she hadn’t attempted to take advantage of this beforehand. His round ears pin back, and he tries to focus; taking the roan Constable’s advice to heart. Immobilizing her sounds good in theory, but she is quick, and thus, Eve needs to make sure his last hurrah counts.

Reiko is able to keep to his right, sliding around whenever he makes corrections, and Eve grows nervous of being unable to see her. Alas, he is able to hear her footfalls well enough, until they abruptly stop and he feels a weight upon his back. A gentle grasp is gained between his shoulder blades, vaguely made apparent but the tug of mane.

Immediately, he tries to throw her off by shaking his bulk, and turning towards the left. She is swift to jump off, and Eve sees his opening as he used his momentum to the left in an attempt to grasp her closest forearm in his jaws—regardless if he succeeds, he charges forward in a body slam.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
This can be my last or next depends how convo goes!

With the tips thrown into the mix, both students were quick to adjust taking on new approaches as Reiko shadows the Count's right almost perfectly. It wasn't until she actually landed a grab that Evergreen was able to change the tides, but it was enough to possibly end a fight should this be a real situation. Should Evergreen land his bodyslam Ira would call out for both to stop. I think that's enough for now. 

The constable wandered into the ring once the two had finished giving each a quick glance over. You both had a chance to experience your weaknesses in battle. Take that knowledge as you train to better your responses when you are at a disadvantage.