lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Private 
for @Evergreen and for thread title because its a good song
Running a pack was a lot of busy work, but of course, Ira knew that walking into her new position. She never minded, it felt good to be doing something that benefited more than just her. But her father's words seemed to circle her thoughts in the more quiet moments.

On one of her patrols, the Constable found a wider shoreline along the slow-moving current. After a pause, she slowly deviated from her path to sit and stare at the water. Greyback's voice now louder than ever,

"There is no loose ends, my star. Go. Go to him and be happy."

A frown pulled at her lips, one of the few times since she's left Easthollow. She was never one to indulge herself in relationships, yet Evergreen had slipped past her defenses. Maybe it was a sign to be? He had asked her to lead with him, yet when she asked what that entitled her lingering question was still left unanswered.

Ira was always introduced as a close friend, but was that all there was to it? The soft touches, the laughter, the training. In her opinion, they both bettered one another...but did he see it the same?
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Becoming a leader was something Evergreen never expected. If he's honest, a lot of Kaistleoki's formation has felt akin to a long dream. Maybe he is hibernating like a true bear.

Regardless, now that time has passed and the pack has settled somewhat over the last few weeks, Evergreen really starts to realize the responsibility on his shoulders.

It's a good feeling, but anxiety inducing nonetheless.

He finds himself wandering, patrolling the territory lost in his own thoughts when he sees the roan Constable sat staring at the water with a frown on her face. His eyebrows pinch in concern, and so the bearish Count approaches her. Sitting to her left, he brushes his shoulder upon hers.

Are you okay? "What's troubling you," is what Eve really wants to say.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Too far lost in her thoughts, the Constable failed to notice the center of her attention approach until he had brushed up against her causing a sudden jolt. Heat pricked her ears and threatened to spread to her cheeks as if her thoughts had been caught and revealed. Luckily that was not the case and the bear was not a mind reader leading to a soft sigh as Ira recomposed herself.

You startled me— her mind barely registered what he had actually asked her, her focus now on how Evergreen had gotten so close without her noticing. Both literally and figuratively perhaps she was making more of a fuss over all of this then she should be if it was affecting her alertness so much.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Surprise lights his features at Ira's unusual reaction. Typically it is impossible to sneak up on the iron wall of Kaistleoki. (Evergreen knows, he may have tried once or twice just to see.) The bearish Count hadn't attempted to be sneaky. His mismatched green eyes widen, and for a moment, he doesn't know what to say.

Oh, uhm, I'm sorry, his voice sounds questioning even to him. You... you seem troubled. So I, uhm, wanted to make sure you're okay.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Ira shook her head as he started to apologize, there was no need for it, it was her fault after all. She had slipped up, her small turmoil should not concern or worry her packmates. I'm fine, just lost myself for a minute there. The constable offered a smile to prove her words, but inside she was cursing that Greyback always found a way to torment her. When she had said goodbye she thought she was finally moving on by releasing her resentment for a new start, and while she had, he just found new ways to get her worked up...and he wasn't even here!

I was just thinking about some things my father said, that's all. she sighed now leaning into his touch, her head resting against the bear's neck. Usually, she would have switched the topic by now, but she was aware Evergreen knew her better than most. There was no point trying to hide things if he would just press, but he likely wouldn't if she slid the topic away by skimming the surface. Hopefully, it's enough to truly avoid what ate at her thoughts, she just wanted to enjoy this.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen wants to believe her words, especially with the smile that follows them. Yet, the bear remains uncertain, concerned for it is not often he sees Ira act in this manner. His eyebrows stay expressive, wiggling in the way that further aided in his puppy-dog eye look.

That he said? Was— Eve clamps down, allowing the words to fester and burn on the tip of his tongue. He is concerned, for he did not know how Greyback took the news of Ira leaving to join him here in Kaistleoki. The bear relaxes under her touch, leaning into her just as much as she leans into him. His chin lifts to gently rest upon her forehead, issuing a tight hug in hopes of comforting.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The bear gave her some childish look as he egged her on for more. Before she had the chance to reply though, he had already wrapped himself around her in a hug that she found hard to leave. 

But she would. Shoving him back in a playful manner she pulled away from his embrace. It's really nothing. But since you will just continue giving me that look, I believe my father... thinks we are together or at the very least will be soon. She nervously laughed hoping Evergreen would do the same, yet...she really hoped he would say otherwise. That perhaps he could always hold her close, but she would never admit that aloud.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
With a playful shove, Ira escapes from his embrace and the bear wears a pout. His mismatched eyes narrowing, as if debating pouncing and causing a miniature war. Although he doubts he would be able to win against the roan woman.

He freezes.

'Oh.'

Uhm, wow. Suddenly Greyback's words make a lot more sense. How could he miss this? Probably because Evergreen never thought himself good enough to actually be in any sort of relationship, especially not... not one with Ira. She's... out of his league, right?

Evergreen.exe has stopped responding.

Oh... I... He stutters. Suddenly everything is loud and quiet, hot and cold. His heart hammers in his chest, and Eve's head hurts.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The tension seemed to radiate from the frozen man as he stuttered trying to find the right words and as the silence grew Ira felt her chances plummeting. She desperately hoped he would laugh, that he would confess, even push the comment aside, but nothing came. Anything would be better than the silence of the unknown. Another more awkward laugh escaped her, no longer forced as she leaned away, But of course that's just— Say it. That's just absurd...isn't it?

She wanted to scream. Scream and run from the place she put herself in. If she had misjudged everything, all their moments, their conversations, what she thought were hints, the walls she let down. This is why she never had friends. This is why she didn't deal with any relations. This is why she never looked for someone who could be something more.

Ira would always drown in the social world. As her new life bubbled up and seemed to crash down on her she could only think back to Hengfell. She never stood a chance back then, not with her heritage. Perhaps that's why she had let her guard down now. Her blood had no meaning to someone like Evergreen, but the thought of being rejected now seemed to sting more than ever knowing she couldn't place the blame elsewhere this time.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Silence stretches between them—Eve frozen stiff where he is at the roan Constable’s side. Of course, the newbie of Easthollow had eyes on Ira. Anyone would be daft to ignore her beauty, and the dedication she has to her duties. He could say the same about Greyback, too, and the majority—if not all—of Easthollow’s members.

Never did he think he could actually stand a chance at standing side-by-side to them, however. Being a leader with Ira had already been a far off dream that became a reality, yet… more?

His head spins. And he feels almost nauseous with the way his anxiety stirs from it’s dusty depths. The awkward laugh startles the brown male enough that his shoulders jump. She leans away from them. A cold distance replacing what was once warm. Mismatched eyes widen, unable to resist staring at Ira in surprise.

“But of course, that’s just… that’s just absurd… isn’t it?”

‘Yes,’ his mind screams, because no one would ever give someone like Evergreen a second glance. He’s not good enough. The bear turns his gaze to his feet, eyes relaxing until they’re suspiciously soft and way too empty. The smile that graces his lips does not reach them.

Is it… He whispers. Haha, yeah… I guess you’re right. Eve lifts his head, his eyes closed and he beams—jaw tense with his grin.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
>:( sad hours we can wrap this up if you want for all the fun coming in the next week or two :eyes:

Perhaps if the Constable was not caught up in her own thoughts she would have noticed the glimmer of hope Evergreen offered. Instead, she was met with a tense grin as the bearish wolf tried laughing off her comment alongside her. It looked wrong. Evergreen had always been genuine, what reason did he have to hide anything? Now his usually comforting grin seemed forced. Was it what she said? Perhaps she had only made their friendship awkward at the suggestion of something more.

The roan wolf's chest tightened, her heart continuing its aggressive pounding as the beat filled her ears. Like I said... it really is nothing to worry about. Except now it really was something to worry about. She had assumed too much and it would cost them their friendship. Sure she could go back to living how she had been before she met the count...but now that life seemed so lonely.

I should get back to work. Ira's ears flattened and flicked back as her gaze lowered.