Haunted Wood you're the first and last of your kind
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
Joining 
scylla. she'd left her sister behind when she'd run, and could only hope Eyes passed the message onto her, too. the guilt that she felt was an entirely new emotion, and she hated it. it was right there alongside fear, and loss, and she was very certain she never wanted to feel those things again. she wouldn't.

she'd been largely silent while following @Valour to the borders of his pack, hardly feeling the hurt of her latest bruises. blackfeather was more than her home; it was her birthright. but Eyes had never spoken, and when he had, she knew, somehow, that she had to obey. and she didn't want to live in the place that had taken her mother, not anymore. 

when the boy paused, she did too, glancing once to him before setting her features into a steely mask, completely uncertain of what was to follow but determined to see this through. 
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It is 43, current it is mostly cloudy set during the day. Location: Haunted Woods. | ooc: I’m just gonna power play @Valour very little bit if that’s okay Noah?? So this way Valour still is the one who brought her home <3

The howl rang out in his ears, summoning the hellbent hound to rise from his den and make his way to the border where he had heard Valour’s call. Why the boy would be calling him instead of coming to find him was beyond him, but he would amuse him for a little while longer and come. It was his duty after all. A leader’s job was never truly done should all things run as smoothly as desired by all.

The last thing he wanted was a disorganized mess like that he had witnessed in Rosalia. Though he still wished to ally himself with them, he was hopeful they had found a stable leader to take over their ranks since his departure. 

It took perhaps a little longer than the average wolf for Vengeance to appear. He made no haste, a simple walk and strode in to where he was called to meet. The first thing he laid his bloodied gaze upon was the little lady at Valour’s side, only to quickly shift over to the boy before addressing the two. “Who is she, why am I here?” He suspected Valour brought a friend home to add to the ranks, perhaps he was lonely in the puppy ranks - but he wanted to hear it from the boy.

Should he know the irony of the young lady at his borders, the fact that her late mother was the wretched woman he desired nothing more than to rip into (rip Cass TAT), he probably would be laughing right about now. But instead, he kept a stern face, waiting impatiently for the young Alpha to speak.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It never dawned on him why it could be a bad idea that he brought her here. He had only seen a girl, terrified and in need and yearned to save her life. It had been what felt right to do even if he tried to convince himself it was for his mentor. When Vengeance came striding in confidently after what had seemed quite an intentional pause to the intelligent pup, Valour lifted his gaze to meet his briefly and lowered them in respect "I saved her life and figured she needed some healing so...I thought maybe she could come here. Another young mind for you to help grow?" he spoke carefully as if trying to think about what he was saying before each word came out. "It wouldn't look good to leave her there, ya know?" He said casually but the look in his eyes said otherwise, that it wouldn't have Felt good to leave her out there traumatized and injured.
3/10 mastery
Loner
679 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
There was a a new scent at the borders today and as Serem did her little walk through the territory like she did at least a few times a day, she set out to check what was going on. Upon arrival she saw the pup their leader took under his wing and Vengeance himself along with another pup who looked like she’d been through something.

The raven caught the rear end of what the male pup had said and was a bit puzzled but waited for another to speak.
”Common” "Spanish"
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the man that answers the boys call towers over not only both of them, but she assumes any other adult wolf. his scent is that of rust and earth and blood, thick and overpowering, and for a moment, she has to glance to Vlaour to make sure it is not only her that sees the man. this, she thinks, is what Sithis must look like, if given a body. she can't be bothered to react all that much; it is merely another blow. 

it's Valour's introduction that has her sharpen, reminding her distinctly of Rowan and the ravine. "I'm Hela. I can fight." she tilts her chin up to regard him, attempting to mold her features into the same face her mother wore when teaching them to fight. she's already regretting this, all of this, but not once has she backed down, and to do so now feels starkly wrong.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
As the young boy spoke of the reasoning behind this new pup at his borders, Vengeance took it upon himself to take a quick look over her. She was injured, possibly from the tremblings of the earth lately. He assumed it at least, the wounds looked like none he had seen before, she was covered in dirt - putting two and two together, he felt safe with his assumption.

Where did you find her? He gave Valour little time to breathe between words, let alone think. Now was to know where this whole thing went down, to extract that location from the youths to know where the earth had struck once again.

As a mercenary, will you be saving everyone you come across without a fee? What is in it for you to have saved her life? You're lucky she chose to follow, otherwise, you would have come back empty-handed. It wasn't their lives he was concerned for, but more so, the Nightwalkers' reputation; and he made no effort to hide it. Hela. With a bite in his words, the turned his full attention on the young female now. 

You're willing to fight, and that isn't enough. Luckily for them, Serem had impeccable timing. Our Sergeant, Serem, will heal you. You have one week - in one week, you will fight Valour, and I will watch, and judge, whether or not either of you can fight. Once again, his attention fell onto the boy - daring him to speak up and oppose this should he feel the need to continue to protect this young lady. 

Now he was to be the one to injure her, in a fight, to prove themselves as warriors and not a pair of soft pups.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He couldn't help but notice that Vengeance was not pleased. He blinked and his ears swiveled back feeling stricken. It was clear that what he had thought was a good thing was seen as bad, that he shouldn't have brought her here at all. He should have said goodbye and left her to be alone again and said nothing about it to his mentor because this was much worse than not knowing if she was okay. "The Caldera Sir" he said his head hanging for a moment before he fell silent to focus on Vengeance's words again. He was scorned by this judgement, the feeling that he was wrong for doing this making him bitter inside. He wasnt dumb, he was a child and would have come back empty handed but he also wouldn't have said anything of it. Vengeance would have been none the wiser. To say so would also be a mistake and so he simply remained silent and contrite as his Mentor turned to Hela. He sounded like he would deal a punishment but Valour's eyes widened in shock as he gave them both one. It hit him hard and he looked conflicted for a moment before his expression clouded with anger and determination.  "I can't say whether I'll win but I won't show weakness and I won't hold punches because you're a girl" he looked to Hela  and spoke in a tone that wasn't nasty necessary but it was honest, he meant what he said. To prove himself to his mentor he would do anything, anything to show that he would do what Vengeance asked. It was not be subservient but to one day rule the woods. The members would learn to respect him as much as they did the Warlord, he would be sure of it.
3/10 mastery
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Just a little cameo! ♥

Upon hearing the youngster's call, Black Hat crawled out of whatever hole he'd been occupying and slithered over to it. When he arrived, Serem and Vengeance were already on the scene. He hung back in the shadows, observing the Warlord's reaction to the boy's act of kindness. He learned that this man was a villain through and through, indiscriminately selfish and cold regardless of age.

And he liked that about him.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
lions & men
412 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Warrior
the questions the man directed towards the boy made her wonder at Maegi's mention of the Blackfeather that had come before, the bones she'd found in that cave with scylla, the lingering hate in the wood. she did not know if she was any better off here than in Blackfeather, she knew only that she could not go back, could not face what she'd fled from. if she didn't see her mother die, then she wouldn't ever really be dead in her mind. 

she fixes the woman in her gaze, remembering again the ravine and all the pain that had come with healing. the proposition he continues to lay out is met with only a "fine," and a shift of her gaze to rest on the boy. she sizes him up, already confident in her victory. to the boy's words, she only raises a brow, wondering why he'd ever hold back 'punches' in the first place. she's never lost, but then again, she's never been alone. without scylla by her side, she is far more unmoored than she will admit.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I'm down to end this here!! we can start a new thread soon where the pups officially fight 8D You're both welcome to make it a puppy rank fight, its up to you guys

The Caldera... perhaps he will set out there for a quick investigation and see the damage for himself first hand. In one week I will find you both. Prepare until then. With that said, he turned his back on the two pups as Valour exchanged a few challenging words - tonight, he would make his way into the Caldera and investigate where this young female had come from.