Blackfeather Woods we conquered a magic
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
@Rowan some counseling for the boy perhaps...? <3

The earth continued to tremble every now and then but she found solace in the temple, an odd offering of a hare's hind legs clutched between her jaws. Try as she might the child was not tall enough to reach the bowl-like structure for most of the offerings those of Blackfeather might leave. Hesitantly she laid her gift at the base of the altar, careful of the glowing fungus that illuminated the night. I'm sorry. She murmured to no one in particular. It's for you, Peryite. No other daedra was allowed her offering. Not tonight.

She was not one to linger long in the temple but tonight was different. Sakhment intended to lurk (likely until someone came looking for her, mother or brothers) and see what came of the night — to see if she was greeted by Him or perhaps someone more mortal.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
They day was a tragic one.
Altar had fallen. His seeker of the dead had succumbed to the void himself after living for so long. Quietly, the bird had passed. No fighting, no crying. 
Rowan had howled his mourn earlier in the day.

He now carried his friend through the darkness of the woods. As the trees knitted together, one might think it was nighttime. Fitting.
The remaining three followed in silence. Close to him, gliding easily towards the temple.

He felt the Daedra watching as he entered their epicenter.

The blackbirds alighted upon surrounding rocks, watching. He approached the altar and rose up slightly to place Altar on the altar. 
He bowed his head and closed his eyes, silently praying to Peryite and Sithis.

Peryite, my lord, my god: receive my prayer. Take this body and make it yours. In return, I ask for protection for the Woods.
Sithis, my lord, my god: receive my prayer. Take this body into the Void. I ask for you to look after his soul.
| |
One lie is enough to question all truths. 
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
She spotted him from a distance away, having taken up her lurking around the edges of the temple. An interested look was painted across her face but she gaze him space. He was doing something at the altar. Sakhmet knew that if someone had interrupted her she would not have met them well. But some silent beats passed and he did not seem keen to leave swiftly. Slowly and silently she pulled herself from the shadows.

Are you okay? It was a carefully place question in the silence as she loomed just out of reach, mindful of the fellow Fledgeling's personal space. She would not push his boundaries and if he ultimately wished to be left alone she would meet the desire.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
He'd just finished and opened his eyes. Finally spotting the rabbit foot on the ground.
Are you okay?
His head turned, seeking the owner of the voice. 

He clearly wouldn't recognise her as Anansi's sister. He was pale and she was dark, but it didn't matter.
"No. My friend died." He looked back to the bird on the altar, laying peacefully. Folded neatly and limp. 
He felt his eyes burn. He didn't know how to deal with this grief.
| |
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
Sithis will guide. She whispered softly, eyes gazing to the altar instead of looking to the boy. There was confidence to her soft spoken words. Why would He not guide whatever friend had died? Sakhmet, short and runty as she still was, struggled to see the friend offered clearly but that was not what was on her mind. Do you want to talk about them? Perhaps it would help lift whatever grief the boy carried.

She was no stranger to feelings of loss or abandonment (had they not just ran about on a hunt for her brother?) but this was different. The boy did not wail as her mother had, there was no way to bring back what had been lost. What could she do besides console him?
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The had faith in the daedra like he did. He wasn't as close to them as Maegi, but he wasn't Melonii. He was Blackfeather and he was protecting their homelands. They spoke to him when they needed to, not because they wanted to whisper sweet nothings in his ear or whatever they did.

"No." His voice was sullen, hollow.
"I want to know why everyone disappears..." His voice trailed to a whisper like she'd turn to dust before him and he realised that the woods were not real. It was imagination.
| |
511 Posts
Ooc — siv
She fell silent, unaware of what sort of answer would be best. Should she give him a soft answer, filled with good things to soothe the hurt? It didn't feel right. She ought to give him what he deserved. The truth — or as close to the truth as a young child could give to such a heavy question.

Sometimes...they just leave. Sometimes there's no reasons or the reasons are beyond us. Had her own brother, Sobek, not been lost to the wilds for little to no reason? Sometimes things just happen. It was not the best answer, not the most consoling one as she had planned to be. She had wanted to be honest with her agemate, though. Especially so in his time of need.
s t i g m a t a
440 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"But that's not fair." He muttered angrily, pouting. Why did they go? Why couldn't they stay? 
Why did he have to leave?

If he could find a cure for all the bad in the world he could use it to cure all evil. He could use it to cure Serem and Towhee and all the other bad people.
He looked at Sakhmet, curious. What did she care anyway? Wasn't she one of the Melonii?
Or was it certain Melonii's who were mean.
Perhaps it was just linage that made some of them evil.
Either way, he didn't care anymore, and left.
| |