Chimera Fields You know you feel like dyin’
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
Will add thread details later when on laptop! This is for the lovely @Hydra!

This was the field that he had tested Alison out for her current position; where they had attacked the young pale woman and had gracefully backed down of a group fight of two against 3 or more. Even if that was the case, the behemoth paid no mind as he wandered through the field of flowers, the warmth of the sun heating up his chocolate pelt, giving him a brilliant shimmering copper glow as the highlights illuminated in the sun. It was a rare sight, the beast often opted for a nighttime stroll rather than during the day, but as the woods were covered in mist, it was almost hard to tell what was day or night. 

The earth toned liviathan wandered through the fields of brightly coloured autumn flowers, the oranges, yellows and purples contrasted his dingy appearance as they brushed along his side, perfuming him while he reciprocated by leaving his grime and filth in his wake. Petals clung to his pelt as he walked on, speckling his coat in brilliant colours and pollen. What an odd sight he was for anyone who knew him, especially when they take a peak at his grimace as he stared blankly ahead, focussing on one thing... 

He was following a certain trail of what he believed to be a small pack of wolves nearing the forest just beyond the field. Thinking back to his conversation with the dark female of Moonspear, it was an interesting find to go and investigate... it seemed that their woods were getting more and more popular and perhaps it was time to start thinking about exercising their treaty. A part of him wondered if she was already aware of this and thought the same...
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Indeed she had, and with the aging of her children and the earth aquiver, Hydra was even less enthused with the idea of newcomers. She had hoped that their scent would disperse, but it had not; those intending to take up residency within Neverwinter Forest had not thought to discuss such things with her. Only one of those scents seemed to be a permanent fixture; she wondered if they were the reasonable sort, or if she would need to resort to the use of her teeth. 

Whichever worked, she supposed. 

With a sigh, Hydra moved and continued her investigation of outer territories. She was never one to go too far, but she wished to report back to her mate her findings of other things. Who else felt the earth stir? What was their observation of the prey? Truth be told, though, she found her priority thought to be getting rid of any competitors she had not welcomed into her fold. Hydra had the mind to strengthen the bond of her new alliance in such a way, and as she journeyed she caught sought of the very man she thought of—as though her thought alone had conjured him. 

If only things worked that way; it was an amusing thought, though not one that caused her lips to upturn or any joy to be found on her features. The Queens stride was long as she approached him, her tail swaying as she greeted him with a: I hear congratulations are in order, her eyes flashing as she approached; there was no cheshire chat grin upon her features, but a genuinely pleased expression. Hydra was happy for his success; it meant she could begin her work, and they could find success in all they ever dreamt—

Chief of which, at present, seemed to be the annihilation of those that did not see it fit to find the Queen of this Wilderness and linger like some unholy and unwelcome poltergeist; ah, well, she would be the Priest to cast it out, then. If all was not well in these wilds, the fruits of them would be for Moonspear and the Nightwalkers alone.

backdated pre phase tree
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Great minds think alike. It didn't take long for the shadowed woman to find her way to him. She greeted the new Warlord with a felicitation on the creation of the Nightwalkers as of late. We've done nothing other than gather. We can celebrate once the trespassers are gone. So they may truly leave their mark onto these lands, to have this pack, Moonspear's and the Nightwalker's pray to spread the word on their cruelty and ability. That is what would make him happiest - for a short time until boredom pushes him to find something else to take his fury. 

Though he did not offer the same sway of the tail - frankly, he cant remember if he had ever wagged his tail for anything more than the cruel joy of battle, something he could not control. But joy, enough so to cause such a reaction seemed ever out of his reach. Never the less, his expression was unique that to her. It wasn't quite soft, but the rage subsided as he felt comfortable enough in her presence to relax... somewhat. Trust no one was his motto, but for the sake of the alliance, he would ease up just enough to offer a smile. No hidden darkness behind the grin, instead, it was welcoming. 

This among two others have appeared in the Woods. I think it's time to exercise our desire to claim Great Bear Wilderness for us might be an order. His attention turned onto what he supposed would be the border of the forming pack. (I hope it's okay to mention the other two packs since they are here too!) Starting with this one. With no pups for them to protect, or elderly, Vengenace was more than happy to put every Nightwalker into motion against these perpetrators who thought it was okay to wander into the wilderness for their new home.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He was humble, though she would not have thought so to begin with. Either he did not recognize the difficulty of keeping a band together—which did come with new leadership, she supposed—or he knew full well, and was simply feigning modesty. Whatever the case, it did not much matter to her; she could agree to the latter in which he said, and appreciate moreso that he was a man true to his word. Agreed, she simply drawled in rejoinder; even to his former point, she found there was no point in contradicting him. What had they done, after all, but for that? 

What was more important, she found, was what they would do. 

The designs of it all appealed to her crueler nature, fostered and enabled by her own mother and father who she knew would fight for the same cause. It fueled her, and she felt they could only succeed in this. They shared the same mindset when it came to trust, but they were in this together now; in the violence they would bring, the High Queen and the Warlord could truly build such a thing. The legacy they could, would make—

She did not care if the history she made was bloody business. She only cared to succeed in her dreams, and Hydra was always one to find a way to the things that she wanted. 

A cool breeze ruffled her furs, and her gaze shifted toward Vengeance. We are of the same mind, she drawled, tail lashing behind her as her gaze followed his own. With the earths shaking, prey is seeming to become less and less. I am unwilling to share with any other gatherers but for you and yours, Hydra candidly revealed. Her head turned toward the forest, and the look in her eyes shifted toward the malevolence that stirred within. If they are unwilling to relocate outside of the Wilderness, we will show no mercy, she had long since decided this; whoever would risk the wellbeing of her children would know only a mothers endless wrath, and whoever would test her mettle in the intent to claim this Wilderness would know the feel of a queens hardhitting fist. 

Not many spoke of that, in history—but they would.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
She mentions the quakes, and he could not agree more. Already the prey was scarce, and the last thing they needed were other packs picking off any prey they needed to keep their own members fat and healthy. Vengeance himself kept fat by munching on anyone weak enough to cross his path, a starving individual begging for scraps, useless to him other than future shit to be excreted. Thankfully Serem's hunt was also successful, keeping their caches full for a little while longer. 

Not to mention the new puppies they had in their ranks. Valour and Hela were growing fast, and their energy boundless with their desire to grow strong. The captive pup was not a priority, but he supposed those two in the pit would need some scraps too should they ever decide to be more useful than sit there and grow sour.

Should they refuse to leave, we will make an example out of them. It was as simple as that. Vengeance would show no mercy for those who would even try to claim any part of their woods. Unless they were already allies to the Nightwalkers or Moonspear, and even then he would be quite unwelcoming to more wolves crowding their space, he was not about to ignore new faces. 

Do you know anything of any of the packs? There are a few already according to the gathering of scents. I don't know where they lay claim yet, or how many lurk. Shit, he could even be wrong with how many would-be packs are forming around - in his travels, he had only come across what was safe to assume such a thing was happening... they needed to learn more before moving, before putting into action so many wolves.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra agreed with Vengeance wholeheartedly; they would need to be made an example out of. Her gaze shifted as his next inquiry came. Here and now, the Weald was an unspoken dream by Andraste whilst she recovered in Moonspear, else she would have informed him of them. As it was, Hydra knew for certain only of one other pack forming, though had not asked for the details from Dirge. He had mentioned it to her, and she had been satisfied upon hearing it was not so close to the Spear to be a true bother to her. Now though, if food truly was becoming scarce, it felt worth exploring more. 

There is another Dirge had mentioned to me. I will need to ask him more about it—but they had come to us and spoke with him of their intent, an ear flicked, and she tilted her head. The details escape me now; they did not plan to settle near to us. Have none come to you? The Queen asked this with a slight tilt of her head. For their manners, Hydra was more inclined to be civil toward them as they recognized her might enough to wish to be welcomed here to a degree (as she so vainly perceived). 

Still, with the prey becoming less and less Hydra's mind was also moreso geared toward where that food would go. Again her thoughts from moments ago returned—the more meat for them, the better. Competition for resources would always lead to teeth, and the numbers between the Nightwalkers and her own left little leftovers to be spared when they brought back what they could to their own homes.

Hydra was thoughtful in her silence, and her gaze turned to him again. What is your position on another allied pack within this Wilderness, at this point? she inquired, curious; would he want this, or did he, too, see things as she did?
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I see. There were indeed others and they would need to figure out where they were, who they were, and how many there were in order to properly think of a plan. What would be the wisest way of dealing with the extra bodies and more mouths to take their prey from Moonspear and Nightwalker lands? None have approached, no. (Black Hat tells him about Neverwinter after this) But then again, the Nightwalkers weren't gaining much good news about them from word of mouth. Perhaps they didn't want to approach if they did hear of the group. 

Bloodied orbs turned to focus on the twilight queen, pondering her question for only a moment before speaking of his opinion on the matter of more allies within the wilds. During this famine, I'm not interested in more allies to share our food. Both our packs have enough hungry bellies as is. It would be wise if we had more food, to build a stronger empire, but even then would they be willing to be under us, or would we have to share our power with the newer group? Two power-hungry individuals were dangerous enough. He couldn't shake the feeling that this could only eventually end horribly if either Hydra or himself chose that an equal hold on the wilds wasn't enough. 

It would be strategic to seek allies outside of the Great Bear Wilderness and have allies across the Wilds itself. Should these packs move, I will consider an alliance with them. This way we don't share our food and any power struggles will be minimized with distance.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra listened to Vengeance, seeing merit in the things that he did. Whoever it was we might allow in these times would not be equal to either of us, she drawled. For they would be doing them the favor of allowing them their space. Hydra offered a different perspective: I am inclined to agree with you, though... the Wilderness is large and Winter comes. More eyes to find prey and to fight against those who would steal from us... I welcome the thought, at least, if only because so many from outside of our Wilderness have seen fit to explore it, her muzzle wrinkled; there were various scents to tell of this, and Hydra knew many looked for food wherever it might be found. The Wilderness had always been rich with it... except for now, so it seemed. 

Whoever it was they would come to accept (together) would need to be met by both parties; Hydra had yet to meet the girl in which she spoke of, but her age had its appeal. I suppose we should meet them in any case, she hummed, to see if they would even desire to fight alongside us for our meat. She could not imagine they would not, but would they be worth it? And if not... well, she supposed they would have some work to do that they both would surely enjoy. 

As for his second point, she also agreed, and nodded; Moonspear had allies within Easthollow and Lost Creek Hollow, and Hydra thought on @Mahler and his Diaspora. Beyond them, Hydra had not sought to discover more. Mmm. Have you made any enemies? She pondered aloud after a beat; best to know who to avoid, too, in the potential search for outside allies.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Of course, he didn't want to share any more power than he already did with Hydra with anyone else. Call it greed if you must, but he was certain Hydra felt the same - and so she did. Quickly she confirmed his suspicions and smiled at her response, the two were so similar and he could not have been more pleased with his alliance with Moonspear and their Queen. He would have taken all the credit for choosing the right location, but alas, even he must admit that he simply liked the Haunted Woods aesthetic for the pack of mercenaries at first, Moonspear simply happened to be a pleasant surprise. 

If you believe it to be the best course of action, I will not oppose such an idea. he started. But - of course there was a but, there was always a but. They had to think of all the other possibilities too, to be prepared should things not go according to the original plan. Should they refuse and demand equality in the treaty? There was never a guarantee that another leader would be willing to bend to the whim of another. If he knew leaders of any pack, they were all just as thirsty for power as the two devils speaking now. 

She questioned whether or not he had made enemies as of now. Because Noki is so damn slow replying to this thread, it is really backdated before Vengeance's encounter with Caiaphas. So in her current time, the answer would be yes, but in this backdated timeline of Vengeance, his reply had to be. No, none that I am aware of. We haven't involved ourselves with other packs just yet, the quakes have set our plans back for introductions.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra truly had not yet come to a decision, not entirely; she could not without meeting the other, after all, and she was not a hasty woman. As for his question, Hydra's eyes flashed with some thinly veiled amusement. Hydra was not an arrogant woman to think herself invincible, and never boasted of her own capabilities to any. She preferred to show rather than tell, and she never would understimate who she would ever come across in her lifetime. Girl or not, Hydra would not think that she had no ability at all. Others had seen fit to follow her lead after all, and so the Ostrega imagined that she had to carry some sort of strength to be respected as such. 

All the same, Hydra had been here for several years. And she was a possessive woman. While she did not mind sharing the wealth of power in kinder times (Moonspear was large enough on its own, after all), these past few months dictated her actions now. Hydra truly preferred to move in silence... even now. Still, he had asked. I would be disappointed, she drawled, and I do not like to be disappointed. The amusement had all but disappeared then as she looked to him then. 

She so hoped the girl was smart enough to know better. To understand that in these dire times, she could not hope to be an equal among them in this Wilderness; her followers could trust her enough to be led by her, but Hydra herself was several years her senior—Vengeance, too (years the girls senior, that is)—and though it was true those her age were incapable and not at all deserving of their station, any doubt as to her abilities she would be swift to put out, however she must. How could Hydra, who had led for years even prior to her final ascension, look to a child in times of hardship? That was not to say that Hydra would not consider the wisdom she had earned that life had given her, or disrespect her... but listen to her as an equal? 

Hydra and Vengeance both, independently, could show the other that she was, as of yet, no such thing. 

The young girl would have to prove she had the strength and the merit both to sit alongside them. A part of their counsel, certainly, to partake... ideally to become well-learned, too. Hydra herself did not think she herself had nothing to learn, either. The matriarch was always learning. Even now. 

Hydra listened as he spoke of not yet having enemies, and nodded to him... that made things a little smoother, at least. Ideally they would come to have none. Though their history once had those that made enemies of Moonspear, such wolves who had said as much were gone from the Wilds now... and Moonspear had never thought of them as a threat either. The time for that had passed, and thus a new alliance was born when Terance had come to lead. These thoughts were fleeting ones that went as swiftly as they came.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I think we can end this thread finally??? D: im so sorry for the wait on this one - Ven gonna go to Roan soon to talk to them anyway, Hydra can, of course, come along as he will offer!

It seems like we continuously have more in common, Hydra. With a nod, he agrees with her more serious tone. It was tough enough for them to share the power already, to trust one another, and to add on with more competition would simply add to their own stress and likely cause the whole alliance to collapse onto itself. Surprisingly their alliance had been working out very well, the two packs weren't clashing in ideals or territory, their positions were perfect. He couldn't have asked for a more suiting partner in this alliance than Hydra herself.

I'll call for you once I plan on paying them a visit with our little offer. It's only natural that we both approach them together, no? As the leading powers in the lands, it only made sense for the two to team up and visit the possible new alliances and place their offer on the table with each other at their sides. To let the new leaders see the faces of the powers within the Wilderness they claimed, and fear, if not respect what they had already begun to build should they wish to be a part of something greater.

I'll see you when the time comes. With a nod, he began on his journey back to the woods. Having had his fill on Hydra's thoughts on their new companions in the Wilderness, he would ponder their offer and call for the woman when the time came to go make a little visit - unfortunately, this time would be prolonged with future events and postponed until Winter... but the Warlord never forgot.