Stone Circle fortunate son
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
All Welcome 
Alya arrived on Easthollow's borders feeling incredibly tired, but accomplished as well. It was good to have her paws back underneath her again, even if she was pining for Nikai more than she would've expected. And returning to Easthollow did feel a little like coming home, even if it was awkward without him. Moonspear hadn't been the most pleasant or happy places to exist lately, after all. Her niece and nephews were a bright spot in the darkness and her sisters made it easier to cope, but there was a part of her that would've liked to leave it all behind so that she could hide away in the happy hollow with Nikai and his Nice Mom and a whole new set of chubby little siblings-in-law.

But she felt guilty for even thinking such a thing, and quickly put it out of her mind as she tipped back her head to alert @Valette of her presence, being sure to make the call a somewhat cheerful one so that she wouldn't worry about the clear absence of Nikai's voice before she could explain.
i can't help but be my own god
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette turned her head when she heard a familiar and cheery howl. She smiled knowing that it must be Alya, her daughter in law so to speak. She trotted to the border, glad that her and Nikai decided to return to their pack. She had missed having them around and she had been wondering how they were doing with all these shocks going on. When she made it to the border she instantly saw that Nikai wasn't with her.

The matriarch couldn't help but be worried. Her expression went from a smile to a slightly worried glance as she approached. The female stopped and nosed Alya in greeting. "Hi Alya, good to see you," she smiled. Perhaps Alya wouldn't return and was just here to bring them a message. Still, she couldn't help but ask... "No Nikai?," she wondered.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Sorry for the wait!
"Nikai is fine," was the first thing Alya said, shortly followed by, "It's good to see you, too." And she was surprised by how true those words were. She had always liked Valette, of course, but they hadn't spent a lot of time together. Still, she felt she knew the woman thought Nikai and the values she had instilled in him, and seeing her now -- so dark and green-eyed -- made her feel a swift and strong wave of emotion that she hadn't expected to feel.

"I'm sorry," she said abruptly, because aside from a sudden longing for her own mother, seeing Valette made her feel nothing but guilt. "I know we've been away for a long time -- but when we got to the mountain, my..." She couldn't quite put into words all that had happened. They had not just died. They had been violently taken from her in a cruel double-blow. She did not say this. "We found out that my mother and my father had died. So we stayed to help my sister take over, and she whelped shortly after, and there just hasn't been time..."

Her ears splayed back in discomfort as her emotions began to get the better of her. "I don't know when we're coming back," she went on in a soft, hollow voice. "My sisters..." but she could hardly look Valette in the eye talking about her sisters when she had taken her son away from her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Not to worry!

Valette felt relieved when hearing that her son was fine. Even though, she had not birthed Nikai he really felt as one of her own. This was probably because she had raised him from when he was barely able to eat solid foods. She smiled when the female returned that it was good to see her. Valette nodded in agreement. However, she could tell that something had happened otherwise she and Nikai would both were here to join Easthollow.

Valette's ears popped up with interest when the apology came. "Oh, how awful," Valette spoke with a frown. "My condolences. Of course, you would stay and support your family," the female returned to her daughter in law. Valette stepped forward and offered her a nudge in comfort. She wished she could be there more to help Nikai and Alya but Moonspear was so far away that helping was not easy. Valette shook her head when Alya continued about her sisters.

"There, there. No need to apologize. When something bad happens you would want to be there for your family. I can only admire that you guys are so loyal and supportive to each side of your families," Valette spoke. "I am certain they need you both more in Moonspear," she spoke. "That said, you two are always welcomed on Easthollow grounds," she made sure to tell the girl. "You can come back whenever things have settled."
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya's ears splayed in relief when Valette was not angry with them. Part of her wondered if her own family would have been so forgiving; they had not forgiven Korei, after all. Loyalty to the family was paramount, and Alya wasn't sure the same courtesy would be extended to Valette, if Easthollow needed them more than Moonspear. The thought made her suddenly homesick for the valley pack. She sucked in a slow breath to stave off that emotion and went on,

"Thank you for understanding." The words seemed so hollow compared to Valette's motherly warmth! She missed her own mother. "How have things been in Easthollow? These quakes that've started have been... concerning," she said, referencing the BWP that had only just begun when I started this thread. I am so sorry, Mar. "I wonder if they're happening back on the mountain as well."
201 Posts
Ooc —
cameo, please skip me! Also, you can totally PP her leaving if valette would not want her here and valette says to go! 

Leta had been looking for her mother; she wanted to hang out with her, more, and help her out with anything she could. Leta liked to learn from her as best she could and was always happy to hang out with her, or her father. Though Leta did not love the borders she knew they were an important part of pack territory her parents usually hung out at (doing their work), and she thought maybe she could help with even that. 

She came across her mother and hollered, Mom!!! before she realized she was busy with someone else. Approaching with flattened ears and an apologetic face, she looked regretful for having spoke at all but greeted her mother still. She looked beyond Valette at this other she-wolf, who was very pretty; Leta's chartreuse eyes rudely stared at the hole in the others ear, though, as if this were the first scar she had ever seen. Leta looked back to her and waved her tail a little, though still kept her head low, timid in personality and still trying to work her way out of her shell. Hi, she greete gently. 

If her mother did not want her here, she would go on her way! But she was happier already to be beside her.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All is good <3. And Yay Leta is always welcome <3 <3

Valette dipped her head at the female. To the matriarch it would be the least she could do for them. She knew that they would return eventually. She would love to see Nikai as well but she could understand that he wouldn't be fit enough to travel as quick as Alya. "Those quakes have been---" She was interrupted by her daughter. Valette turned her head to see her at least looking apologetically. The mother gave her a soft scolding look before greeting her. She had been sorry so that was enough. "This is Leta, my youngest daughter," she spoke to Alya, before Leta greeted her.

Valette was glad to see her opening up again after the attack. "We had some border issues, a female with a black face and white body she---" Valette stopped and looked down, not sure if Leta remembered of if she was affected by it. Valette eyed down at her. "It was not great. And these Quakes have been concerning me. I hope they stop, our prey is getting restless."
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Being opposite to Valette, Alya watched Leta's approach long before she'd reached her mother's side. She had known, of course, somewhere in the back of her mind, that Nikai's mother was hale and healthy and would likely be bringing a new litter into the world. Still, it was strange to see her with more children -- especially with the sobering knowledge that she, Alya, would never have any more. Her thoughts drifted to the illicit encounter between her father and a member of their pack that'd been run off...

But she quickly shifted her attention back to Valette as she introduced her daughter. "Hello, Leta," she replied with a smile several degrees warmer than she'd anticipated. "I'm Alya, your sister in law. It's a pleasure to meet you -- you favor your mother very much."

To Valette, she couldn't help but say in a rather playful tone, "All your children are so beautiful." But especially Nikai, who had not been borne from her womb. "I'm sorry to hear that. Moonspear will be on the lookout for her." If only she had come soon enough to get a good scent! For now, she settled for asking for a more clear description, even though the woman sounded as though she'd be easy to identify. "These quakes have been strange," Alya agreed, at length. "I think I'll have a look around before heading all the way home. Maybe wolves in other places will know more."
201 Posts
Ooc —
Her mother was forgiving, for which Leta was grateful. When her mother brought up the past, Leta gazed at Valette; she herself could not remember the incident. Trauma kept it tucked away. That day was not a memory that could be summoned by words or stories... she was always confused to hear of it. Her mother was quick to divert, which Leta did not recognize, but her own mind drifted back to what Alya had said. 

Another sister? She had not known that! It was exciting nonetheless; good news amongst the bad.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at the sight before het with Alya interacting with Leta. She wished both had more time to get to know each other. She smiled wider at the words because Leta did look a lot like her. She nosed Leta happily and proudly. "I am biased, I do think all my children are beautiful," she chuckled. Her smiled vanished a bit when Alya told her that she would be looking out for her. "Please be careful, this woman is dangerous."

Valette nodded shortly. "Yes, perhaps they do. If you know anything more I'd love to know as well," Valette told her. She hoped that these quakes would be over soon.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Valette's warning struck Alya as strange; she didn't know why for a moment, until she realized she was wondering:

Did anyone speak of her in this way? Would a mother one day beg her daughter, Please be careful; Alya is dangerous in the same way Valette begged her now? Sometimes, it felt as though those days were behind her, but it was less and less now that she lived once more with her birth family rather than the one she'd gained by marriage.

"I'll be careful. And if I can find anything out, I'll make sure you hear of it," she said solemnly, thoughts still churning. "Next time, I'll come back with Nikai," she added with a wag of her tail, offering Leta one last smile. "Do you mind if I rest a day or so here before heading back?"
201 Posts
Ooc —
Leta waved her tail at Alya's words. For the most part, she was quiet—until the suggestion spoke of her returning with Nikai. An idea occurred to her then. Leta loved home, loved Easthollow... but she thought it might be cool to see where it was he stayed now, with his mate. Mama, she murmured, could we visit Nikai? she half-whispered, though no doubt Alya could hear the words. She was an adventurous girl, though that side of her spirit had been untapped since the day her mother had mentioned... though Leta did not remember it.

The blockade caused a disruption, and it also kept Leta here. Something always kept her from going beyond the borders... she did not need to even be told. This was the first time in a while she had come to them... and she dared to think she might someday go beyond them. Not forever! But just on some adventure. A destination was in mind, now; to Alya, and Nikai! And back again.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded to Alya instantly. "Of course, you are welcome to spend the night in the safety of Easthollow's territory. I am sure there is also a meal for you somewhere," she assured the female. Valette felt it was the least she could do for the female after she traveled all this way. Then she turned to Leta and her soft voice. Valette smiled. "It is a very long trip," she admitted to her daughter.

Valette paused for the dramatic effect. She knew her daughter would probably be waiting for her answer. "But maybe when winter is over we can travel to Moonspear together. We will have to sleep in the open, where lone wolves roam and travel over mountains, plains and forest to get there," Valette spoke. "Remind me once the snows are fading," she told Leta.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya thanked Valette, grateful for the succor and even more for the warm, homey feeling she felt for the territory and for the woman before her. And even for the smaller wolf who was so eager to see her mate.

"I'll try to come again before the spring. With Nikai," she said to them both with a wag of her tail, thinking that, by spring, she might be a bit too busy with... other things. "But Moonspear would be happy to host you at any time. You're family."

It felt so strange to say that to someone other than her blood. It didn't even occur to her, this time, that Valette was not blood to Nikai, either. Later on, however, she would muse on the strength of the bonds of love.