Blackfeather Woods I’ll be right here to hold you when the sky falls down
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
Tagging people possibly interested. @Maegi @Nightstar either one is fine.

Everything was falling apart for the female and she lost yet another pup; Rowan’s fowl friends had been searching everywhere they could but always came back with nothing new. With all the tremors she felt it not safe to go out on her own and leave her last remaining pup by himself and once again the female felt as though she failed once again.

Moonshadow found herself lingering near the grave of her female pup today something she had done often lately. She kept away from the pack lately slipping into her thoughts mostly. She was starting to think that maybe Serem was right, she couldn’t protect anyone.

She felt she deserved Rowan’s anger towards her. So far she has done nothing but ruin everything and the thought of her pup intentionally leaving and not wanting to come back broke her. She let out a soft whimper at the thought. In the end she couldn’t blame and she just sat there staring at the stars hoping something was up there, listening. "I don't know who I'm praying to. But whoever is listening. Help me please." She pleaded.
"You must make a friend of horror and of mortal terror."
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Ena says there are lots of gods here. Sobek announced from where he had been lurking, having been watching the dark shape and trying to stalk after it as a kind of game. He wasn't nearly as stealthy as Anansi, but Sobek had been fortunate enough to encounter Moonshadow while she was distracted and emotional. He didn't know the significance of this place for her - and even as he slunk towards her, the child was oblivious to her struggle.

He didn't really understand what a god was either, but when Maegi was sad she would sometimes talk about them. He was trying to help in the best way he knew how. When he was beside her, he plopped down and said, Can I help? His little tail waved like a red sickle, batting at the forest floor.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She continued her gaze upon the the stars and wondered if her pups looked at the same sky tonight. Wondered if they were safe from the trembling of the earth. These thoughts however were interrupted by a small voice. Before turning around to look at the pup she tried to regain her composure as best as she could. Once turned she looked down at the pup. "Yes she's right. I only know of a few." When she lived here last she never had time to sit down and learn of them.

She was slightly confused on what he meant by what he said first but she brushed it of as what he called maegi. It also confirmed for her that this was one of hers. When he sat down beside her and asked if he could help. She gave a small chuckle. "I don't know if you can." Was all she could say.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
The boy wasn't sure if he could help either, but he wasn't bothered. He went quiet again and with an inscrutable expression on his face, like he was a small stone statue beside her. He thought about all that he knew from Maegi in the pursuit of something to offer the sad woman, yet in the end he could not settle on any one thing. Sobek was still learning too.

So he looked up to what Moonshadow had been praying to. He saw the immense expanse of sky between the trees, which to him was not very interesting, and he broke his eerie little silence by asking, What are those? He was referring to the many points of light; the stars were bright and clear upon the blue-black backdrop of the night, and Sobek wondered why she would pray to them.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The young pup seemed to remain quiet until he spoke up with a question. "Those are called stars." She gave the simplist explanation she could think of. Moonshadow thought back to the stories her mother spoke of. "Some believe when one passes on they become a star in the night." Whether she believed it or not; that was an entirely different and she didn't think it to be best to confuse the child with her own confusion. "And then their are some that just believe they are pretty to look at." She gave a small chuckle.
48 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Stars. Were they always there, he wondered? Would they always be watching him? The boy stared skyward as Moonshadow spoke, observing what few flecks he could discern within the dark. She spoke of passing on as if he could understand, and for Sobek it felt like some secrets were being withheld from him; he would have questioned her further about this had he the energy, but it was something he would understand soon enough. If someone passed on, were they gone forever—or were those stars like their eyes? Watching, but never able to intervene within the lives of their loved ones? It was a sad thought, he decided, and Sobek didn't want to think about it anymore.

They are pretty, he offered after a pause, surreptitiously leaning against the woman and finding comfort in the warmth her body gave off. Why do they watch us? He added next, unable to stop himself from probing this one little question.