Northstar Vale switchblade
170 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
The stirring of her paws through the blanket of fog hovering just above the foliage feels almost sacrilegious. It is so quiet here, she thinks, and considers saying as much to @Lieke, who is draped lazily over her shoulders. She listens for the sound of the weasel's faint, quick breaths, and decides against breaking the silence. Head low, she searches through the fog, gaze raking over leaves and flowers. There are different plants here — too many. How is she to know where to begin?
Do you see this, Lieke? These flowers here? She murmurs, breaking the silence thoughtlessly now to comfort herself. She leans down to nudge the flowers with her nose. They're used to treat coughs in wolves. The passing of knowledge calms her, though she has no way of knowing if Lieke knows or cares what she's talking about. If nothing else, it is a reminder that she does know something.

Common || Scottish Gaelic
Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He doesn't really know where he is now. Departed from willow trees and in a vale now. It was a beautiful place but not for him. Not permanently at least. The fog was thick and it was awfully chilly at the moment. He was fairly certain it'd be warmer almost anywhere else but he knew that wasn't exactly true. The temperature was cool in the willows too. The only difference was he knew where to keep warm there. Regardless, he had been ready to return but then he thought he heard something. A faint voice? Yet he couldn't make out any of the words, only that he had heard something.

Hello? Is someone there? He hesitantly called out as his eyes searched through the fog for a source. Perhaps it had been nothing and he had imagined it all.
170 Posts
Ooc —
A voice cuts through the fog, startling her into silence for several moments. Casting a quick glance over her shoulder at Lieke just to be certain she isn't imagining it, she steps toward the sound. Hello? She calls as she moves, catching an unfamiliar scent but still not seeing anything at first.
Then she sees something that stops her heart for a moment: a slender grey wraith, peering at her through the haze. She halts, eyes wide upon the spectre, and finds herself frozen in place. Speech escapes her, and in this moment, she cannot help but wonder if she has lost herself, somehow, in the otherworld.

Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He would have thought it was an echo it it had not been such a different voice than his own. She's a bit easier to spot in the fog now that he has a direction to look. If he knew what a lighthouse was, he probably would have compared her to that. A golden beacon in all the grey fog.

Hi? He awkwardly calls out once more as he took a few cautious steps forward. Maybe they could stop speaking greetings into the void of fog if they were a bit closer. I thought I heard someone talking just a minute ago...I guess that was you? The explanation was given only so she didn't think he was a complete creep or something. He was just a little lost out here.
170 Posts
Ooc —
The wraith speaks, and her trance is broken. She blinks, taking in the sight of him as he steps closer. Oh — yes, She glances back toward where Lieke is, turning slightly so the weasel is visible on her back. I was speaking to Lieke, my companion. Her gaze returns to the male, curious now about how he'll react.

Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
It was a little odd, the fuzzy creature draped on her back. The creature had a name though and the stranger even called them a companion. Oh. He mused as his head titled to better look at the little creature. What makes them a companion? Do they...do they do things for you? Curiosity was heavy in his words. He was not sure he had ever encountered someone with a companion before. It seemed the fog was offering him all sorts of mysterious finds.
170 Posts
Ooc —
His question strikes her as a bit strange, but she realizes it must not be terribly common for wolves to travel closely with other species. Or at least, it likely isn't common in this stranger's experience, based on the look he's giving her. We travel together, and she sleeps with me. Sometimes she helps me gather herbs, Antha tells him just as Lieke decides to hop down from her back and depart. She offers a slightly apologetic smile. I'm afraid she isn't very fond of others. After a moment, she adds: I like you.

Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
As she elaborates, all he can do is offer a few big blinks. It’s almost astounding, what she says. He hadn’t heard such things before but it filled him with a warm sort of feeling. Like maybe everything wasn’t totally awful.

She seems rather sweet, even if she doesn’t like others. Then she said something that made him feel a bit odd. Not in a bad way by any means but the declaration of fondness means a lot to the man who is hardly in good shape — mentally and physically. I...like you too. You’re rather smart. The words felt a bit awkward coming out of his mouth but they were truthful. You said you gather herbs? He stirred the conversation ever so slightly, hoping to drift away from his odd declaration.
170 Posts
Ooc —
She'd only wanted to make the stranger feel a bit better, overly conscious of how Lieke's lack of manners might affect him, but she finds unexpected warmth in his response. Her cheeks flush, muzzle dipping slightly as her smile turns shy and pleased. She has always had a weakness for praise, after all. For healing, She explains, tail swishing slowly. I am new to this region, though, and there are many herbs here that I've never seen before. She glances around at the foliage with a slightly wistful sigh. It is a shame winter will be upon us soon.

Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
He listened keenly, the forward cup of his ears easily giving away his interest. She spoke of healing along with her newfound plants in these lands. Admittedly Ceph wasn't the most knowledgeable when it came to topics like these but she was nice and he wanted to keep talking with her. Are there any that survive the winter? It sort of felt stupid once he asked. If some plants survived the winter surely she wouldn't see it as such a shame. Not to mention he couldn't recall a lot of greenery in winter. Granted he really couldn't recall anything.
170 Posts
Ooc —
Her smile broadens when the male questions her, and she nods eagerly. Yes, a few, She answers easily, fighting to suppress a shiver as the cold fully penetrates her coat. Some plants simply go dormant — others thrive only in winter. That is the way of things at home, at least; I am not certain if it is different here. She turns, beckoning for him to follow her. Perhaps we can search for herbs together, and I can teach you more? If you wish to learn.

Lurker
273 Posts
Ooc —
Oh well I do hope it isn't too different. It'd be a shame to have to relearn everything. He could not imagine the kind of inconvenience that would cause to the healer. Then she made an offer that brought a bright look to his dull gaze. I'd love that. You might have to put up with my endless questions though, I'm afraid I don't know much. He was getting a bit rambly and at the realization he awkwardly sealed his lips with an apologetic look. Uh, so...what were you looking for? Perhaps she could guide him so he wasn't just blurting out at every green thing in sight.