Arrow Lake idk, my brain is broken
i'm defeated and i gladly wear the crown
266 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
"WHUH!" Exclaimed Takiyok's first born, a paw raised over this suspicious white stuff. He had gone to sleep in a normal world (well, sans all the inconvenient rocking) and had woken up to something entirely alien and different. Where had all this white stuff come from?!

Blinking back the harsh brightness of the new-stuff, Stag sniffed carefully at the powder at his feet. He was yet to step within it -- the den was largely protected from the elements, but a creeping white line had invaded under the mouth. Stag nosed it carefully, his nose crinkling at the scent. It was fresh and crystalline, but an icing of coldness thrummed up his nose that caused him to swiftly retract his muzzle.

He glanced behind him -- @Monarch and @Mesa had yet to wake. Jealously guarding his new find, Stag did what was only natural. He laid right across the egress to the den's mouth, passive-aggressive as all get-out. He didn't know what this white stuff was, but he sure wasn't going to let anyone else enjoy HIS FIND!
and it brings me to you, but i won't just past through
i'm not asking for a storm.  
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
Monarch woke with a start, heart racing and breaths coming fast and shallow. She already couldn't really recall the nightmare, but she remembered how she had felt in it: helpless, nauseous, and angry. It was the way she had felt the day she saw her dad lifeless and covered in his own blood. She looked around, eyes caught on the strange way the light was coming into the den, like something was blocking it...She saw Stag then, and she got to her feet and trotted over, curious as to why he was lying there. She pushed at him with her paws, getting a glance of the strange whiteness outside. Move, she demanded. He was always doing things like this, and as his sister, she made sure to always give him a hard time about it. Also, she wanted to inspect the stuff outside, and he was in her way.
Inuttuk
Common
266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag sat in wait, eyes turned to the darkly stirring shadows in the den. Monarch’s face broke from the darkness, her eyes alight in interest. 

Rather smugly, Stag hoarded the front of the den to himself by slumping directly in her path. Laid across the den’s exit lengthwise, it was hard to go past him — especially since he directed a series of frisky nips at Monarch’s legs as she came close. Nope.. Stag denied, a cheeky grin settling on his lips very much like the :3c face.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
His nips only served to anger her further. Why are you so annoying? She asked. Of all her brothers, he had always been the one that irritated her the most. She craned her head one way and then the other trying to see around him, but it was no use: his big, dumb body was still in her way. She released a frustrated growl. Get out of my way! she demanded again. Then she aimed to place her paws on his back and shove him really hard.
Inuttuk
Common
266 Posts
Ooc —
"why is the sky blue?" stag piped back, hoarding his snow like smaug atop a golden kingdom. only the snow was cold and tickled his belly -- he giggled at the iciness underneath. "why does your breath smell, why are you so ugly, why does--"

the third jab never came, for monarch had shoved her paws into his spine with a craaack! "HEY!" stag roared, battling pain that snuck up his back in snake-like writhing; it hurt, what the fricking hell -- before he knew it he was on his feet and lunging for her, wanting nothing but to deal back the pain she had given him.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
She rolled her eyes at his dumb question and poor attempt at an insult. She didn't give two shits what he thought about her and frankly, she just wanted him to get out of her way and to stop being so irritating just because. Maybe the fact that he could always rile her up so much was why he felt the need to be like this, but she couldn't help but lose her temper, especially when he was keeping her from doing something she wanted.

She felt him give in a little against her shove, crying out at her in response. She laughed at his reaction, about to tell him that he deserved it for being such an ass to her but her words were cut off as he barreled into her, pinning her to the ground as his teeth sank into the sensitive skin below her ear. She yelped and then growled, squirming under him and trying to kick at him with her rear legs. Get off me! she demanded, trying to kick him again, aiming for the two sensitive organs between his legs; one good kick there would surely incapacitate him.
Inuttuk
Common
266 Posts
Ooc —
Stag might have had a moment of regret, however brief, as his sister cried out from under him. He hadn't meant to hurt her like that, to knock her down so thoroughly -- it showed in the unpleasant surprise of his gaze, the way he almost seemed to pull back -- but then she kicked him. 

All the air went out from him immediately; a whoosh of breath, a flare of hot pain snaking, incapacitating --

Stag yelped, a hoarse and horrid noise more like the soft grunt of a foe mortally wounded than the cry of a fleeing victim; sinking to the ground with gasps his vision swam, with tears and pain blinding him.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
It certainly did incapacitate him...and then some. She watched with satisfaction as he slumped off of her and onto the ground. But the feeling was short-lived. Her attack had apparently caused him a great deal of pain, more than she had anticipated. He seemed frozen on the ground, rendered almost incoherent by just how much her kick had hurt. Monarch righted herself and moved slowly towards him. She settled down close to his face, sniffing him with concern in her expression. Are...you okay? She asked hesitantly. Not only did she feel bad about losing her temper and hurting him, but she feared she would get in trouble if she had done serious damage to her brother.
Inuttuk
Common
266 Posts
Ooc —
That was it -- the family jewels were bust wide open. So much for keeping on the family name. It would start and end with him, Stag The Infertile.

He doubled over, tears streaming down his face as he hunched in a fetal position. His breath came in wheezy gasps. As his sister (and clear "progenity-killer") leaned over him, Stag flinched and wriggled away with a growl:"get away from me." Incapacitated was not the word for it -- he was flat-out MURDERED by his own darling sister.. and he was in too much pain to even smack her around.
813 Posts
Ooc — hela
Warrior
He moved away from her, his words angry and stinging. It made her angry that he didn't accept her apology. It hadn't been an accident, of course; she had meant to hurt him, just not quite that much. And it really was all his fault anyway. He was always pushing her buttons. You started it, you know, she proclaimed angrily. If you had just moved then none of this would have happened, but nooo you couldn't just let me see. She still didn't feel too great about how badly she had hurt him but maybe next time he wanted to mess with her, he would remember this moment.
Inuttuk
Common
266 Posts
Ooc —
fade? <3

Stag would remember this moment. But for now, he could only think of how he would never forget that pain, and how it shot raw and hateful up his stomach, sucking everything within. He managed to crawl away from his sister, completely done with playtime.

He didn't care to shoot back some sort of riposte. All of his attention right now, was focused on getting out of dodge. Nursing his wounds, Stag inched off to his favorite part of the den and skulked. He hoped whatever the white-stuff was outside, it froze her stupid toes off.