Twisted Slough do you remember me? i killed your family
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
All Welcome 
set a few hours after this

Running was all he knew now. His legs ached, his paw pads bled, his lungs could give out at any moment. Yet he still kept going, the boy was unstoppable. He would run for ages if that meant he could forget the event that transpired. But no matter how long he did so, the nightmare still played in his head on loop. Those viscous teeth, the sound of bones shattering, that conorted body. All those things would forever haunt him. 

Nothing but nature could stop this mad dash. Orochi had ran into a strange swamp. There were trees everywhere and deep mud to boot. There was no way he could keep going through all these obstacles.

Soon enough, one of his feet got caught in the mud. He gasped before falling face first into it. Orochi slowly lifted himself up and began to quietly sob. I didn't mean it... I didn't mean it...
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
I hope this is okay? If not lemme know and I'll delete

It was clear that something terrible had happened between Issun and Orochi in his last moments. She could smell the sickness on Issun's corpse and all she knew was that he had been avoiding her around their temporary home since the moment of the first quake when she had found him standing wounded over the corpse of a badger. She hadn't suspected anything of the wound, she hadn't thought to check in, to make sure that her ex love was alright...and for that she would forever be sorry. It was another regret on top of many others and she couldn't let herself accumulate another which was why her first priority became finding Orochi. 

She had not seen the boy since she had lost her temper and knocked him around. She had not tried to apologize, not tried to make sure he was alright and for that she would also be sorry for as long as she lived, but now she could not leave him to run away and face the terrible happenings he had been through alone. She had been straggling a distance behind the boy, letting him run it out while keeping his trail fresh before his sobs caught her ear and she slowed, coming upon him a few moments after he had stopped. She looked at him silently, unsure what to say or do in that moment, eyes watering and heart breaking as she too felt the pain. "Orochi.."  Her voice broke and she sucked in a breath, taking a step forward and then stopping again "he was sick...it wasnt your fault" She spoke gently, her tone absent of its usual firm, cold authority and instead filled with vulnerability and uncertainty. What was she to do here? She was not his Mother. She was the one who made sure he and his mother had a safe place to rest, a meal to eat, a home to return to. She was not built for comfort, especially not for the boy who had never seemed to want anything to do with her since the moment he was born. Yet even so, she loved him, she loved him fiercely. He was made of the two people she had given her heart to and she just wanted to be there, so that he didnt have to be alone in this. "If anyone should be sorry its me" she whispered, closing her eyes as the hushed words fell from her lips. She prayed he would let her shoulder the blame, that this would be the one time he would turn his vehemence upon her, anything to see him stop crying.
Merc. Mastery: 6/20
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
<33

Oh, the boy desperately wished he could be angered by her voice. Their fight had left his soul wounded and for that he would never forgive her. How he wished to build up enough strength to scream at her now. Go away! he'd howl, I never want to see you again! He spun around to glare at her, but his scowl had melted into something of fear and pain.

It wasn't your fault.

You- Y-You’re wrong, he whispered with a shaking breath. He could see the broken face again. He could feel the warm blood pool around his feet. If Minori knew the truth, would her voice be so soft? Would she knock him on his back and make him fight for his life once more?

In this moment Orochi only knew fear.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It was the fear in his eyes and the pain on his expression that kept her from backing away and turning around to walk away. It was the way that for once he seemed young and vulnerable as a boy should be. She held his gaze and while her tone was gentle still, her words were just as she usually was, firm and ungiving and rough around the edges "Perhaps I am wrong....I can't know what happened" but in her mind she replayed the memories, the smells of only Orochi and Issun, the angry shouting mixed with the ones of terror and then the horrible sickly scent mixed in. Nobody else had been there and it had sounded like Orochi was under attack....

"I do have a theory that Issun was very sick, that it went to his mind and he took it out on you. It could have been me. Or Higoro" Or your mother if she had been here.... though she left that unsaid. Her gaze was sympathetic as she looked at him, the pain and the regret swimming in her own gaze. "I am so sorry it happened to you, Little Dragon"  the words were spoken in a hushed tone, bleeding the yearning to take his burden without offering any gesture of comfort physically.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
If she discovered the truth behind the man's death, what punishment was in store? Orochi's mind raced with all the possibilities, not sticking to one for a second. One thing was certain; it couldn't be good. And how could he defend himself? In his mind, there was simply no way. He could've ran before Issun lunged, he could've found a different way to free himself. It didn't have to be this way.

Minori's words barely registered. I-I didn't and He didn't slipped from a shaking tongue repeatedly. He took a few steps back and looked at   his guardian. When she referred to him as "little dragon" the tears that he had held back began to flow down his cheeks.

Mama, why didn't you stay with me?
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She studied him for a few silent moments, saddened that he seemed so terrified of what she was saying. He backed away from her and she frowned, eyes misting over as it began to dawn on her that what she had done to him, the loss of her temper, it may have caused unfixable damage. She slid down to her belly, lowering her head as she cast her eyes to the ground her breath rushing from her lungs in a slow, shaky exhale. "I promise you aren't in trouble. I should have watched over him, I should have been the one to tell you who he was. I should have made him tell you" she spoke softly her teeth grinding together in aggravation as she truly thought his mother should have told him. "Don't run from me...please Orochi. Your hatred, its understandable but I can tell you why you aren't to blame, if you want to hear it. I can explain why I am the way I am. Why Issun...why he was so vile toward you" she turned her eyes away from the boy and licked her maw nervously, unsure whether this was her place. Was it her job now to be the one to tell him of his father and his betrayal? Why Minori was left to run everything and feed everyone? Why couldn't Takara have stayed and been the mother her son needed and wanted?
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
If only he could flee from this mess. How great it would feel to watch this forest of nightmares shrink on the horizon. Maybe he could return to shadewood. Would that erase all the horrors he had gone through? Would things finally go back to the ways it once was? It's a childish dream, but he clutches onto the thought when it briefly crosses his mind. What he would give to make life feel normal again. Oh mama, let's go back home. Let's make things right again.

I can tell you why you aren’t to blame. This offer rips him from the illusion he had so hastily built in the moments prior. Orochi choked on his tears and words. How was he not to blame? Was he not the reason why a man bled as they spoke? What are you talking about? He tucks one paw under his chest and his tongue swipes over his lips. I- I don't understand! he screams.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She knew she was about to say things that would make it worse in a way. Telling a kid that the man who attacked them, who they accidentally killed was their dad who hated them? Yeah. She knew she didnt have the best plan. She was just tired of being the one keeping the secrets locked up tight while the wolves around her seemed guilt free, living under the safety she provided and the lies she harbored on her shoulder. As Orochi screamed at her she didnt bat an eye, she lifted her somber gaze and spoke in a tone void of any remorse though the sympathy was clear in the way her eyes misted over and a few tears dripped upon her cheeks. "Issun was your father. He was my mate and he snuck out into the night to father you with Takara. She confessed the mistake, he lied and ran away. He never tried to be your father, never wanted to. That is why I stepped in and helped Takara, though i failed you too" She spoke slowly, letting the words sink into his brain. It burned her up inside to be the one to tell him this, to be the bearer of pain and angst while his mother was out elsewhere doing whatever she was doing. "It should have been your mother telling you this. I know you won't like hearing it from me" She whispered, bitter with the expectation of earning even more of his hatred.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
His heart. just. stopped.
He was floored by this new information that slipped from her tongue so effortlessly, so slowly. Orochi stood through it all, slack-jawed and eyes filled with disbelief. He still stayed silent when she finished. He barely even moved, save for the light swaying of his body. For a long time his mind was blank.

You're lying. The drawn out silence was broken by a confused whisper. This simply wasn't true. Yes Takara has left him not once but twice now and for that she would forever be deemed a traitor in his eyes. But before all that she had been a good mother, one that cared for him and loved him dearly. Surely if this were true, she would've told him earlier. Right? Right???

No. no... Why had this news hurt him so much to the point he fell under the weight of his sorrow? This shouldn't matter to him. He had done fine without a father in his life. Hell, the thought of having one never crossed his mind! Until now that is. 

What was life like with one? A father? Did they watch over you? Keep you fed and happy? Did they love just as a mother would? Wouldn't that have been nice. To have someone like that stand in Takara's place. But apparently Issun never wanted to be that.  Both him and his mother had left him alone and confused. But oh he came back! And for a split second Orochi was dazzled by him. If he had known the man was his sire then maybe he would've made an effort to get closer to him. But Issun's unspoken hatred for him would never let that be. One parent was lost. The other dead. Why was the world so cruel?

Orochi's breathing became faster. Heat flooded through his body. Sorrow, disbelief, rage. It bubbles in his blood now. YOU'RE LYING! He sliced the air with teeth. More tears started to flow down his cheeks. STOP LYING TO ME. STOP IT. He had no control over his emotions nor his words. I HATE YOU! I Hate you... i hate... you... He sunk to the floor, he buried his nose deep into the earth.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"I am the only one telling the truth" the words fell gently from her lips as she held steady in the face of his sorrow, internally grieving for him. She felt a million emotions so confused that she could name pick them apart but the ones she knew were anger and jealousy and sorrow. Why was it always her that had to do the difficult things? Forgive others for their betrayals, rescue the ones who abandoned her repeatedly, feed and protect everyone while nobody came and took care of her needs. Why was it her who worked so hard to give Orochi and Deku a safe place to return to each night but it was Issun and Takara that got held to high regards? Why did she have to find a way to keep them together through this? Why had Issun even bothered coming back to them?

His screams startled her and she drew back, ears pinned to her skull. She was used to his words seething nothing but hatred and rage. She was used to him never even giving her a chance to be a mother to him. Yet she had done come to comfort him anyway in the absence of his mother, she had told him the truth of who he was and why it was not his fault that Issun had turned on him in his sickness, and she felt she did not deserve his outburst, she did not deserve to shoulder his hurt and his rage on top of her own. "I'm not a liar. I never have lied. I have always done what your mother should have been around to. I kept you warm against my body, I keep you fed, I give you a home and for you I forgave your mother and let her come home without even a punishment" She hated how the words trembled, how the lump in her throat made her normally firm voice crack intermittently. She watched as he collapsed, pressing his face to the dirt and reached forward hesitantly, wanting to comfort him as she had with Deku when he much smaller but pausing and drawing  away again fearing he would lash out with his fangs if she did not pull away. "Why do you hate me when I have loved you like my own son for so long, why wont you let me in? I do everything your mother fails to when she's off doing lord knows what. What more do I have to do?!"  The more she spoke the more desperate her voice became until she shouted and then realizing she was losing her temper again she flinched away and sighed. "Nothing. There is nothing more I can do for you but keep you alive" She said this in a hushed voice as she turned and began to walk away, tail hanging dejectedly between her legs.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
She was right. In the face of his mother's absence, Minori had been there to nurture the abandoned child. Orochi acknowledged this, but rather than the fact comforting him, it made him more angry. To hell with her love! He didn't need it. Takara's love was the only thing that he wanted, that he needed and that was gone! Gone, gone, gone! 

When his head whips out of the dirt, he sees his guardian with her backed turned to him. I don't need you to keep me alive! He screams as he jumps to his feet. I don't need you, or takara. I don’t need anyone! He took a few steps forward. Everyone leaves me, so why should I count on them!? Why should I count on you?!! The fire of emotion continues to burn. Look at you! You're leaving me now!!

The raginig flame scorches all reason. He was consumed by it and it leads him to charge at Minori. Fangs were unconcealed. He was ready to fight.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Each word was like a physical blow, it hurt her deeply, in a way that not even Issun had been able to touch her. She had always considered Orochi her boy, just the same as Deku was. She had been there through everything and all she got for it was hatred. There was a part of her brain that wanted to tell him she would not bother with him anymore (why should she?) But she loved him fiercely, Her little dragon, the son created of the two wolves she had given her heart to. She paused and stared ahead of her as she heard Orochi come at her, eyes closing tight as her lips curled over her fangs and she struggled to reign in the instinct that was to turn and slam him to the ground. "I have never left like them, there is a difference between abandoning you and not putting up with your rages. If you want me here then I will stay but I am not going to hurt you" her words were growled and she turned to face him, body tense as she prepared to take a beating from the young boy. Never had she refused to fight back against an assailant but today she would be the punching bag, she would let him take his rage out on her like she had done to many others herself.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
When he found his grip on her delicate tail he didn't let go. It was surprisingly loose at first, but as she went on his hold became tighter. He bore holes in the back of her head with his scorching stare. He didn't know why he decided to attack or what he wanted out of this. Was it victory? Relief? Maybe physical pain was what he wanted.

He released his hold when she spun around to face him. For a while he stood still, body tense and still looking towards her with ire. He doesn't know what to do next.

Why? he hissed as he took a shaking step forwards. Why won't you fight me? He charges again, only this time he stops himself to see what she would do. Just do it! Fight me! Despite his challenge he does not move an inch.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
The pain burned through her spine and she tensed, fangs snapping together on the air though she made no move to retaliate. What really wounded her was the hurt that deepened inside of her was the knowledge that he hated her enough to wound her physically and it stung more than a thousand bites ever could. Finally he released her and asked why she wouldn't fight back, challenging her to do so with so much desperation that for a moment she was tempted to do just that but she just remained silent for a few moments and shook her head. "I will get nothing out of hurting you. I want to help you Orochi, I'm sorry that life is so bad to you but it's been bad to me too" she spoke softly and as he charged for her she lifted her head preparing for another blow.  "Please, just let me in for once. I have always been in the background keeping you safe" she pleaded her voice trembling as he charged for her. Quickly she lunged for him but her fangs were hidden and as he reached her she used her chin to draw him toward her and against her chest where if allowed she would just press him against her and silently embrace him.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
No matter what he does, no matter how much he pleads, she refused to lay a paw on him. Orochi narrowed his eyes and dug his claws into the mud. He was sick and tired of her being right. She was right back at the plateau when she told him he wasn't the warrior he so desperately wanted to be. She was right now too. He knew that and he didn't want to admit it. If she beat him now then perhaps that would prove that she was the terrible soul he perceived her as. He just wanted to be right for once.

Before he could retaliate, she dove towards him. For a split second he smiled. Yes, do it. Hit me! That victorious grin soon faded as he was gently guided towards her chest. He did not snap at her nor did he try tearing from the embrace. He didn't even say anything. Orochi's sobs became uncontrollable.

This wasn't supposed to happen. She shouldn't be hugging him, she should be fighting him. He should be punished for all the terrible things he had said and done to her. He should be punished for taking the life of his last remaining parent. Wasn't she mad about that? Didn't she want to make him pay??

He just wanted to be right for once.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her eyes filled with tears as she held him, dripping down onto his fur as she said not a single word for a long while. He was such an angry, bitter child who's parents were not as they should have been and she found herself unable to be mad at him for his vile attitude toward her. If her mother was an absentee one and her father unknown until after his death, she would have grown up very differently. "You are a good boy who has been given a rough life" she whispered softly while holding him, her heart aching for the little warrior. "I was wrong to say you aren't a warrior, you've been fighting through everything alone and that makes you the strongest" the words were meant to be soothing but her voice cracked, as she wished that she had tried to be someone to him sooner. She had much more to say, she wanted to try to tell him that Issun would have eventually died anyway, that his father had a knack for running off and getting hurt, for doing impulsive things, but in this moment she did not want to push herself on him, she did not want to take any unnecessary risks that would make him turn violent again.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
last post for me
There was a multitude of reasons as to why he cried nonstop and they all meshed together in a confusing heap. He felt frusturated because Minori wouldn't give in to all the poking and prodding. The affection she offered baffled him beyond words. It felt so wrong and yet so right. This was the love he yearned for for so long, shouldn't that make him happy? There is a part of him deep down that tries to be and he succeeds to some extent. If he hadn't liked this support he would've pushed her away a long time ago. So there was nothing to worry about! He should close his eyes and enjoy this moment. But when he does he can only think about Takara. No matter what Minori had done for him, no matter how much she loved him, it was not her affection he wants, it's his mother's. But he could never get that could he?

He pulled away from her, tears still dripping down his cheek. He wanted to say something but the words were lost in his throat. He takes one step back, then another, before he races off into the swamp. He didn't want to dwell on this for a moment longer.
574 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
She lost herself in the moment breathing in his scent and found that it was still like that of a pup though the hormones and sweat of a growing boy had begun to warp that innocent smell. Her heart ached both painfully and in a good way, for it was then that she knew officially she would do anything for her boys. There was a choice to be made, one that would cost her the newly found dream of forming her own home to rule over but perhaps it would be better overall for the boys. She felt him begin to pull away and let him, snapping out of it as she saw him still crying. She opened her mouth to say something, expression full of sadness before he turned and ran away and this time she let him, knowing to follow again would be of no use to their relationship. She stared at the spot he disappeared to for a while, sniffling and letting herself mourn and grieve over everything that had happened as of late before standing and walking back to the plateau.
Purple= japanese
Bold= english