Stone Circle city of stars, you never shined so brightly
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Joining 

"Come on, Sia, we're almost there!"

An easy smile graced the warrior's lips as she threw her head back to beckon her ice bear forward - seeing the fields and the familiar stones, she couldn't help but race ahead. Nanook is always welcome on our lands, her sister had said before they'd struck North, especially if she brings someone with her.

She had rolled her eyes at her sister back then, but with a careful smirk; yet for once, her feelings had proven to be more than just a flightful thing. What she felt for the ice bear had grounded in the North, grown, and as she'd watched her friend fight through weakness and strength, she knew beyond the sun and the moon that there was no one else she would rather live her life with than with @Siarut. And she still felt the flutter of butterfly wings, in knowing there was no one Sia would rather have by his side than her.

The borders were strong with the family she knew would always dwell inside, and the power of her sister's scent was enough to confirm there remained a place for her here. A place for them both. Nanook turned to Siarut, her fur tousled by the wind and misty rain. "Let's call her together," she said with a grin, "It's only right."
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The glee that accompanied her steps was enough to establish a grin from his own lips. It was refreshing to see her so happy, a puppy like spirit had encompassed her since they had returned to the Wilds. It was contagious, and the normally stoic man welcomed the happiness that had settled upon his own soul. Her pace increased as they drew closer and closer to her sister’s lands, and Siarut was sure to keep up.

He'd grown accustomed to the chill of the north and couldn’t help but find the south as smothering as always, the heat more than he was used to. But he was excited about the prospects that accompanied them, the future that dwelled just out of sight. This was a new beginning, for them both.

Pulling to a halt alongside his partner, his love, Siarut nodded. “Sure.” Lifting his snout to the sky alongside her own, a lighthearted yet highly anticipated song called for @Valette.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn

She loved him, loved seeing him smile, loved being the one who brought that smile to his face. Their voices intermingled on the air, and wove together in a way she thought was beautiful. He also sang much better than he danced, though she couldn't imagine loving a man who danced any different, who didn't have his rigid and Northernly steps. It was one of those little imperfections that made him perfectly him in her eyes.

When Nanook closed her mouth, a smile still lingered on her upturned muzzle and she relished the feel of the rain on her face. Her thoughts, held private for many, flowed easily for Sia. "I'm so excited. I don't even know the words..." and her quiet voice danced with the hum of a laugh, "Alright, I'm taking bets - " at this she peeked open her eyes and gave Siarut a slanted grin, " - on how many kids my sister had this spring. Two rabbits, caught by yours truly," and still smiling, she closed her eyes again, "I say she's got eleven."
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Curious, he looked sideways at her, bets for what? He thought, as a mischievous smile played on her lips. His bark of laughter fell easily for her, rumbling deep in his chest and shaking his form. “Eleven! Now I think that’s a little over exaggerated.” He shook his head, but he played along none-the-less. “I bet she had….” His eyes narrowed in thought, and he licked his lips in thought, “I’ll go with seven.” Siarut thought his guess to be much more reasonable, and he nodded to himself in a congratulatory way.

“I’m gonna enjoy those rabbits.” He grinned back at her, an amusement in his eyes that he only experienced with her. The large man found it easy to let his emotions surface when it was just the two of them, she was the light of his life, and knew him better than anyone. Even more than his family. Because he never had to hide with her, he didn’t have to be the strong one, they were simply strong together.

The misty rain dampened his fur, transforming the pale white into a light grey. Turning his olive gaze on the sky, Siarut couldn’t see a sliver of light through the clouds. The day was gloomy indeed, but at least it helped with the heat. Even with autumn freshly upon them, the heat still lingered, Summer’s fleeting grasp refusing to relinquish its hold.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette instantly recognized the tones of her sister. The sound made her heart jump excitedly and instantly turn on her heels towards the sound. Valette normally took a quiet trot to the borders when called for business but now she turned in a full on gallop. She was very keen on seeing her sister after such a long time. She wondered where Nanook had been. Her paws thrummed at a familiar rhythm as she traveled over their lands. It didn't take long for Valette to spot them as she reached the top of the hill. Now she only needed to travel down to them.

She woofed excitedly already when seeing them. She howled to @Greyback to come to the border as well. This would probably spike some curiosity in her children as well. What business would need both their parents at the borders, and her mother sounding so joyful. Valette stopped with a sliding stop in front of the couple. Nanook had brought a male friend!!! She was excited to get to know him, he must be special if Nanook likes him. Valette whined happily in greeting. "Nanook!!!," she beamed and approached her to shower her with licks all over her muzzle.

Her scent had changed, and Valette realized that hers probably changed as well over the long period they had not seen each other. Now she realized it, Nanook never even met her previous litter. She probably didn't even know that Stark left her... Oh boy. "I'm so glad you are here," she grinned and then stepped back. "Apologies. I'm Valette," she introduced. She then glanced at Nanook expectantly to have her tell more about him.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback was quick to follow Valette's call to the border, albeit a little late due to teaching @West and @Newt. He had told the two boys to go back to the den, a reoccurring command that made itself known after the tragedy that was Leta. But somewhere in the back of his mind, the father knew that sooner or later the children would no longer heed his command for the sake of curiosity.

Trecking through the tall meadow grass, the tall figure of the Patriarch appeared through the misty rain and dense fog before the group. He stood still, watching them with his honey-peach gaze as his fur hung heavy and dripped with rain.  It had been so very long since he last saw the mercenary, and though much had changed he would never forget the ferocity that ran through her when they first met.  

"Nanook," Greyback greeted with a steady, gruff voice and a smile. "It has been quite some time." He turned to the male that accompanied her, his size impressive and nearly a rival of his own. He looked friendly, and when Valette introduced herself he gave a dip of his head in accompaniment. "Greyback."

354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn

"Over-exaggerated," she laughed, and side-eyed him a lift of her brow. "Well, I almost said twenty, but I figured I should at least give you a chance at winning. Seven, though," and she feigned a scoff, "how ridiculous."

But she bumped her shoulder against his with good humour, her playful grin still bold on her face, even though her eyes were distracted by something else. Movement along the crest of Stone Circle. A familar silhoutte emerged through the mist, matched with a familiar voice, and she felt her heartbeat quicken. Valette. Her grin softened, and she realized how much she had missed her - but she wasn't quite done with Siarut. As she moved forward to greet her sister's approach, she left him with a final taunt thrown over her shoulder - hushed and hurried, with a sly and testy grin, to settle on his ears and his eyes only: "If anyone will be enjoying those rabbits, it'll be me."

And with that she plunged the final distance, to meet her sister with a warm laugh, and the return of an affectionate kiss to her sibling's cheeks. The name Valette had called was not lost on her; so Greyback was still here. What of Stark?

For now, she settled her focus elsewhere beyond the myriad of questions, fixed instead on Valette, and the rush of joy she felt in seeing her sister again, and in feeling that familiar embrace. "I'm glad I'm here, too. Gosh, I missed you," and that was when Greyback arrived, looking larger and thicker and older than ever, but still formidable in might. A shame he refused to use that strength in the ways she had chosen to use her own; she wagered she could take him on and at least get close to winning, and this thought played through her eyes in an indecipherable gleam, and she nodded her greeting in return. "It has been long, hasn't it?" Heavens, it had been so long.

Nanook turned her eyes upon Siarut then, as her sister and Greyback's attention shifted, and offered him a look of affection, with a humoured apology in her gaze. "Val, you've met him before," she said through a grin, "This is the same one who was with me when we came by in the spring. Siarut." Perhaps that would jog her memory - but Nanook didn't blame her for forgetting. Giving birth to thirty pups probably had an effect on people. "We're hoping to join Easthollow." she paused. "Together." not quite right. "We're together." but was that even clear. "He’s my guy. He's my mate." The proper words finally surfaced, and she just gave them all a grin.
I'll do better
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

omg im so sorry!!!!! Life is a wreck with school right now :(
   

His smile softened at her final comment before she greeted her sister. Giving her a moment to run off before following at a more sedated pace. His expressions once again steeled into his typical northern apathy, although given the glee in his mate's voice it was too difficult to keep a slightly smile of his lips.

“It’s a pleasure to meet with you again.” He dipped his head to both Valette and Greyback. He made it a point to be forgettable, and so returned Nanook’s gaze with an understanding smile of his own.

He could feel the blood rush to his cheeks as she admitted their relationship to her dear sister. Swallowing nervously, but offered them a rare friendly smile. There were family now after all, surely, they wouldn’t want a frigid stone wall as an in-law.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had trouble to keep her emotions at bay as she had her sister close again. She almost teared up in pure happiness. She had missed her sister. But what had touched her the most was that Nanook looked happy. She let out a happy whine as she stepped back. Almost tip tapping into place with her excitement. "I missed you too. You look so good," she complimented her sister. She looked happy and healthy. It was good to see her sister this way. Valette swallowed happily and nodded when Greyback pointed out it had been a long time. It had been really long. Too long.

Valette's eyes widened apologetically. "I'm so s--," she started but it ended in a squeak of excitement when Nanook continued that she wanted to join AND that she and the pale male were together. Valette was almost vibrating with excitement. She nudged Greyback in a 'omg-can-you-believe-it!!!' kind of way. So thrilled for her sister she finally found someone. That was probably why she looked so good and happy. She had someone that made her so happy. "I'm sorry for not noticing. It is nice to meet you again," she spoke to the male, trying to push down too much of her excitement. "Of course you two can!!," she instantly agreed. She had a feeling Greyback wasn't going to protest about this.

"You two are adorable," she smiled when they both stood there, grinning. "I can't wait for you to meet the kids! Oh my! You have not met Arlette and Merrit even!!," she gasped. These two were her previous litter. "And the pups I had with Greyback!!," she added, then she remembered who she hadn't met as well. Kove. "Nanook," she started with a more serious tone. "Father joined my pack as well. Kove lives here too. You should know before you get too startled," she added. Valette didn't feel like explaining that she forgave her father, Kove being accepted in Easthollow and all that. She looked at her sister, unsure how she would react to this fact. There was so much catching up to do.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback stood idly next to Valette as they all talked. He didn't have much need to speak, and preferred to listen and watch the sisters interact. After all, Nanook and Valette were family, and he never had that good of a relationship with the younger, feral sister. But at least the last two times they met the air had been civil. In fact, Greyback felt as ease talking to Nanook. He chuckled as she tried to explain her and the white males realtionship, and even played along with nudging back at Valette's excitement. He was happy. He was composed— that was... until Valette brought up their pups.

The large man blushed at such a brash statement and darted his gaze off to the side. "Ah, ahem, yes. That is correct. Valette and I had four strong children this spring," He stammered before turned to Nanook and Siarut. "You should meet them, they would do well to meet more of their family."