Sun Mote Copse you must believe in spring
the starchaser
68 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Joining 
okay attempting to have deku join for real this time! his papa is dead and i believe minori will be exiting the game so my boy is kinda on his own. @Orochi - brother <33 if u want to say deku and orochi are together i would love that

the last several months had been daunting for the young boy. he had grown considerably in the time that he had been away from the forest. his mother and father had endured countless hardships, ending in the loss of issun. the death of his father had been a difficult burden to carry. no matter where he went, deku could not remove that feeling of heartbreak. so, the child wandered until he had lost the scent of his parents and his brother. he wandered until his little legs could not carry him any further.

it was here that the child caught the scent of a familiar border. teary eyes looked out, feverish in the way that they darted from side to side. deku shivered on the edge of the claim. his tail was tucked tightly to his rear. after a few moments of debate, the young starchaser drew back his head and called out for @Wraen. he only hoped that she would not turn him away.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had been sad to hear that Deku's mother had come in her absence and reclaimed the boy, but had understood, how selfish it would have been to keep him here forever. After all it was better for everyone and in long-term it helped them avoid problems, which another mouth to feed would have caused. In her mind she wished the boy well and had returned to her daily tasks and duties with vigour.

Imagine her surprise therefore, when she arrived at the borders in response to a call and saw the same miserable figure of the boy - nay - young man now again. What had happened to the happily ever after she had imagined for him in her mind. Where was his family? Mother - who according to the words of Elfie (he was not a very reliable narrator, but she could decipher, how much was truth) - had been too glad to have her lost son back under her care?

"Deku - what has brought you here?" she asked, approaching the young man, her voice expressing her worry and surprise.
the starchaser
68 Posts
Ooc — Bo
it didn’t take as long as he had thought for her to arrive. the warmth in the woman’s green gaze could not cover up the concern that was there. deku felt dreadful for having bothered her, but he did not think that he could exist as a loner. orochi surely wasn’t too far behind him, but the starchaser knew that they needed a pack soon. even though he had been blindly wandering through the wilderness, it was fortune that had carried him to the border of the firebirds. it was memory that had instilled a way for him to find goodness again.

“wraen…” his young voice cracked pathetically. “my mom is gone. my dad… he… he died,” the young man sputtered sadly to her, feeling tears prick at the back of his eyes again. deku didn’t want to cry; he wanted to be brave like his mom would expect from him. he wanted his father to be proud, even after death. “i dunno what to do or where to go… i just want a home,” he finished and then looked to her with tear-filled eyes and hope in his heart.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
:D have my bad school post
edit; im gonna keep this as a cameo since he's with the nightwalkers now :0

He couldn’t return to that forest. Inside it dwelled all the ugly things of the world. Abandonment, hatred, betrayal. Blood. So much blood. No matter how tough the dragon acted, he was only a boy, and a boy could not handle the weight of these things. Leaving it all behind could provide him solace. He didn't know where to go or what to do, he just wanted to run.

Orochi had subconsciously followed the trail of his brother, though he failed to realize this. The need to escape had clouded his senses. Deku's small voice and a foreign smell tore him from his dissociative state. He stood there, watching them silently from a distance.
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
This sounded so wrong and Wraen's mind reeled to make sense of, what Deku was telling her. How could a mother leave her child, no, lose it again so soon after she had gladly reclaimed it? What had gone so wrong in the family to justify the boy being here again, begging for place and protection of her ranks? That should not have been his responsibility. Neither then, nor now. 

"I..." she began and stopped abruptly, having noticed movement in the distance. There among the shadows she discerned a shape of another kid. Roughly the same age as Deku. "Another one," Wraen sighed, looked from one child to the other and did not know, what to do or say for a while. This was the worst possible time to have another set of mouths to feed. Though these kids were not babies anymore and probably knew a trick or two in surviving on their own.

She thought about Elwood, who would not object, and she thought about Niamh, whose own daughter had recently disappeared without a trace, and who would not look up to her kindly for letting two little vagabonds in. Finley - wrapped inside her own grief - probably did not care. And Eljay... to be honest, Wraen had never considered his point of view in decision making, but she felt that he would understand her now. The soft and sensitive soul he was she just could not imagine him turning two children away. If any argument arised, she would have support of these two.

In the end it was all that mattered. At difficult times like these all of them were struggling. It might not be a good decision now, but perhaps it would work out long-term. "Deku, don't worry, you can stay here until we work everything out," she said, then directed her look to the boy in the distance. "Why don't you take a deep breath and tell me calmly detail for detail, what exactly happened? Maybe not all is as bad as it seems, maybe we can find a solution," she locked her gaze with his and smiled at him encouragingly. 

"What happened to your father? Where is your mother and other packmates - from what I was told and understood she was travelling in a group?" 

She spoke to the boy for a while and whatever came of this conversation is unknown at this moment.

Since a lot of plot-important events have happened during the two months, I will archive it. We can either revive this, when you return, or start a new one.