Meadowlark Prairie temperature
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Much to his relief and delight, she not only allowed his affection, but also seemed fairly pleased by it. Good. He wouldn't hold back anymore, then. Her laugh made his heart race again as well as the proximity of her lovely face to his as she answered his question. He was about to refute her observation, but she kind of had a point. What she knew about was only the tip of the iceberg. His life as a soldier for Trigeda and then Drageda had caused him more injuries than anything she knew about and had left plenty of scars, physical and emotional. Hmm, you're probably right, he said, forcing his mind away from his sad past. I guess that means you can't go anywhere either, he added, his tone light and playful despite the fact that the comment caused an inkling of fear to settle in his chest. Already, the thought of her leaving caused a tightening of his heart, and he knew the feeling would only grow more intense the longer she allowed him to remain close.
Common · Trigedasleng
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
"I guess that means you can't go anywhere either,"

Any composure she tried to maintain was surely betrayed by the beating of her tail. Perhaps he'd even feel it swaying over towards him before drifting over to the her free side in a rhythmic manner. Of course. She rumbled warmly as she leaned into his side. She really couldn't go anywhere, even if she wanted to. With everyone together again and her obvious interest in someone it would be rather foolish to take off.

What do you do for fun? She was so curious to learn more about him, what made him tick, why he did the things he did. Although asking about his hobbies and interest seemed like a far easier start.
common & tevene
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He felt her tail wag against his hock, and he couldn't help the slow wag of his own tail in response, a grateful smile curving his lips. She leaned into him as she spoke, and he brushed his muzzle against her cheek. He knew she had a lot more reasons to be here than he did; she had her family now, which was more important than anything. The fact that she seemed to want him to stick around even now with everyone else she had in her life made a calming warmth spread through him. 

He considered her next question for a few moments. I guess I don't usually have fun, really, he admitted. There were other things he could usually find to do, and he never really minded that. But I do like to swim whenever I have the chance, he continued. I used to live on the coast, and I miss the water. He swam every day when he lived near the sea and swimming in the lakes and creeks was never quite the same.
Common · Trigedasleng
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
She wanted to protest, to declare it was impossible to not have fun but she knew all too well what that could be like. So her lips remained pressed together as she opted to listen to him elaborate. Swimming. Now that he mentioned it she could recall how he took off towards the waters upon the reunion. It made more sense now.

I think there's a lake nearby She hummed gently as she gazed up at his face. I'm sure it's not the same but we could always go check it out. If you want. Her last sentence tacked on carefully. She didn't want to pressure him into it. Admittedly she was not the best at swimming or even heavily interested in the act, but if it meant stealing away his time once more...
common & tevene
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His ears perked at the mention of water nearby and her invitation to swim. It was a tempting offer, one he would normally gladly accept but— Won't you be cold if we swim now? his expression matching the concern apparent in his voice. The water was sure to be even colder than the air, and he wouldn't enjoy himself if he knew she was uncomfortable. I mean, I'd love to swim with you, but not if you're going to be too cold, he quickly added, not wanting her to think he didn't want to spend more time with her. It was quite the opposite, actually. He would spend the whole night with her if she'd allow him to, but not at the expense of her comfort.
Common · Trigedasleng
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
A giggle escaped her at his words and while she flattered by his worries. She aimed to bump her forehead into his broad shoulder as her giggling died down. Not right now, silly. Her words were light and full of mirth. When the sun's out, on a warm day or something. Eleni elaborated with ease as she looked around. Where had they ended up? So deep into the prairie that she could not see where they had started at.

Besides... She trailed off as she focused her gaze to look back towards him. I'm pretty sure we'd both be kicked if we went back to the group soaked and freezing. It was a terrible idea but the thought did amuse her.
common & tevene
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She started to laugh, and his eyebrows drew together in confusion, despite the way his heart picked up in response to the sound. She bumped his shoulder, and he smiled when she explained the reason for her amusement. Apparently, in his excitement, he had misinterpreted her invitation a bit. He grinned, releasing a soft laugh in return. A warm day sounds like a better plan. Swimming would be far more enjoyable then. 

His gaze followed hers as it scanned the field around them. He hadn't been paying attention to where they were going either, but he wasn't too worried. He could get them back to the group whenever she was ready. When she mentioned going back to camp cold and soaking wet, he grinned. Yeah, that wouldn't be such a good idea, East replied with a shake of his head. Who says we have to go back tonight, though? he added next, mostly teasing. But spending the night away from the group sounded better and better the more he thought about it. He wanted more time with her to himself before they had to face the inevitable questions.
Common · Trigedasleng
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
feel free to fade

The beating of her heart had subsided for some time now that she was almost startled when it started up once more. It had been prompted by his teasing question, of course. Although she looked upon him with a gentleness her tongue felt so heavy in her mouth. A few silent moments took hold of her before she finally found something in her to answer him. We don't have to. Her tone gives away the fact that she doesn't want to. While she assumed he wanted the same from his teasing words, she left room for his own answer. However she does have another thought floating about her mind. I am getting a touch tired though...we'd have to find somewhere. She informed him softly, wondering what he'd make of it.
common & tevene
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His teasing was meant to hide how much he actually wanted to stay somewhere far from the group for the night. What if she didn't want the same? But it turned out she did want the same, and he, too, found it hard to say anything for a few moments. She informed him that she was tried, and his protectiveness snapped him out of his momentary shock. He nodded. Alright, he said gently. There's a forest not too far from here; we can settle there for the night. He began to lead her in the other direction. I'll take us there. It would be safer, and the trees would block out any chilly breeze. Assuming she had no reservations, he would continue guide them towards the forest.
Common · Trigedasleng