Lost Creek Hollow and you work at a friday's that's always busy on fridays
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
Private 
it was the night @Tiarnach had come back home to join the ranks. terance had already howled about it to inform the pack and exchanged scents with the boy... but he reckoned that @Arbiter was waiting back at the den tapping a foot, arms crossed, ready to hear a damn good explanation... or at least question if there was another sap named tiarnach out in the world. terance was a sucker, what could he say. 

he pressed his way through the territory, alert, until he reached their den. the stone let out a low chuff to call out arbiter, tail swaying gently as he waited for her to come out.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
The earthquakes had made it so that she was less than eager to spend time in the den, but given the flock of crows that had decided to roost nearby the past few nights, and some of them had tried swooping at her, it was easier to just sit in the tunnel and avoid the damn birds without possibly getting buried.  While the day came to its close, she'd sent the kids off to try and hunt some of the smaller game -- they needed the practice, and whether they worked together or separately she didn't care, but at least it would give them practice and keep them from being hassled by the crows until they were well asleep.  Hopefully the flock would move on in a few more days.

As it were, the birds were almost settled, so it was pretty safe for her to exit the den.  And theoretically she'd talked to Tiarnach earlier? Maybe?  Who knows.  Either way, at Terance's summons, she whuffed back to him, stretched, and headed over to greet him.  So an interesting day?
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
squints ... whoops

very, huffed terance, who attempted to get a good read on her as she trotted over to see him. she seemed... not angry, so terance figured he wouldn't have to do too much explaining on his end. maybe. tbd. he bumped his muzzle against hers, greeting her with a friendly nip to the cheek as he did so. then, the stone paused to look upon her features quietly, giving a gentle sigh. 

he shook his head. it's hard to say no to a kid, he said with a small chuckle, his head pausing from it's shakes to settle upon her once again. i'd hope rannoch would do the same for our kids if they ever went to him for help, he added, refusing to add liffey's name. she wouldn't give an ounce to a wolf that wasn't her own blood. terance learned the hard way.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She scoffed, I hope that our children won't ever have to.  Rannoch didn't exactly leave seeming like the most responsible person.  Sure, Liffey was a complete moron, but he still followed her.  It wasn't like they could be easily separated.  Probably the easiest way would be if she'd just die, save them all the trouble.  Still.  I'm sure we can do better.  It still perplexes me how we should treat him, though -- he's a child but he's here on his own, so do we treat him as someone who has his independence or do you think he'll need to be coddled? Who knew how he'd been treated before getting here.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance sighed in return, nodding in agreement. i hope so too, he returned, his tail flicking -- though not in apparent annoyance. the stone briefly pondered what their kids would do if they up and left -- something he didn't want to really think about, he'd really grown to love this forest. he liked to think his kids would come with... ibis and okeanos had left, but it was under different circumstances... right? 

to her next question, terance shrugged. he's still a kid, he said, glancing in her direction with a half smile, i wouldn't coddle him, but i don't expect him to know anything yet. his ear flicked, taking a moment to reflect on themselves. we left when we were -- what, a year old? he's not that old yet -- he's not even in the adult ranks yet.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
As we mentioned, we can probably wrap this one up quick and get new threads goin'. XD

Less, she mused.  She'd been eager to scram, after all.  Either way, we'll see how it goes.  If he's as eager as Pheiros I suppose I won't mind keeping him around.  Dry humor, right?  Probably?  Sometimes it was hard to tell.  But really it was far too early to tell at this point if  Tiarnach was going to be a flake or not -- if it turned out that he was a flake, she wasn't going to try too hard to 'fix' him.  He could always go home to his parents if he didn't want to deal with being a self-sufficient adult and member of the pack.