Haunted Wood Tell Me Everything's Not Fine
I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
naturalist trade thread! referencing the sleeping dragon erupting last week, I'm assuming over the past week the ash and soot would have made its way over by now. For anyone who wants to talk about the weird weather/aftermath of the BWP

Grey white flecks had started appearing mere days ago accompanied by a hazy smog. During the start of the fall, it had confused the general, but now it covered the floor like snow and the picture had become much more clear. She had seen ash like this once before, granted it was a long time ago. A volcano must exist somewhere nearby, perhaps that would finally give an answer to the tremors they had felt over the past weeks.

The firey girl had never seen one up close, but she had heard tales of how they shook the ground before spewing ash and a hot liquid. Luckily for them, the threats that often came with a volcano seemed to be nowhere near them, but the aftermath was proving troublesome. Her pelt was stained with ashen streaks and most of their prey had run off. If this mess wasn't cleared up winter would be rough.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
24°, currently it is raining soot and set during the afternoon. Located in Haunted Woods, cardinal grove | ooc notes: this thread was lonely! and i just placed them in the grove if thats okay!!??

Like snow the ash gently floated down from above, covering the ground and plants with grey soot that poofed when touched, leaving behind the behemoth a trail of prints in the ground. Along his back, a cape of light grey covered his coat from muzzle to tail, clinging to his body slowly gathering as time ticked on. 

Into the clearing, his gaze fell onto the russet female that he took as his General, Alison. Without breaking his stride, he walked up to her, as calmly as ever. I haven't seen such an event before, have you? Wanting to know what the hell was going on if they should move so soon after they had claimed these lands only a couple of moons ago, he turned to the General as perhaps she had seen such an event before. It wasn't like he knew who to turn to, and so, it was a shot in the dark.

Is relocation something we should think of? And there it was, with those words, he frowned. Brows knitting together as he hated the thought of moving already.
105 Posts
Ooc —
She knew of the Warlord's approach far before he reached her. The beast never was one for stealth, and even if he tried the stench still gave away his location. She did not dare look back at him, instead, her gaze remained on the downfall of grey that clouded the sky. Once. It's ash.

To be truthful she had never seen it fall, only the piles that remained long after what must have been a disaster elsewhere. As far as she knew, relocation was not necessary now. I believe we are fine. If it was an issue we needed to move for, surely we would have seen the destruction by now. The ground had slowed its quakes and nothing else seemed to come of the tremors aside from the scarce prey. No mountain crumbled, nor fire raged. Things were silent. Perhaps in that sense, the ash was almost peaceful, like snow in the light of the dawn of a new day.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Vanity had seen destruction time and time again. But raining ash? Nah. She thought it was black snow.
So she tried to eat it.
Nuh uh. She coughed and spluttered as the patch she'd snapped up came flying out of her mouth again in a haggard shudder and splutter. Seh licked her fur where ash hadn't settled on her to ge tit off her tongue.
Icky. She needed water.

She moved on, happening upon Venny and Alison in her passage.
"It isn't snow, I tell you." 
She grinned, shaking her fur so that a soft plume rose from her. The trees seemed to do a good job of sheltering them from most of the volcanic dust, but it only would until the winds blew.
"Where is it from?"
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Ash? Well, that was something he did know about, though it wasn't something he expected to see in the shape and form it was coming in - raining from the skies like snow in the dead of winter. I've never seen ash fall from the sky before. 

The following words were what he truly wanted to hear. There was no need to relocate or cause a stir within the pack just yet - Alison had no cause for alarm, and so why should he? A third member walked in, Vanity who came to investigate the happenings too. 

It's ash, falling like snow. He repeated Alison's explanation as to what it is. I don't know. I want to know where, and how far its reach is. This way we can plan an emergency protocol if necessary.
105 Posts
Ooc —
The general's eyes flicked to Vanity as she approached. Luckily she did not have to repeat her previous explanation as Vengeance quickly filled her in. I can't say how far the ash stretches, but it seems we aren't experiencing anything that would prove dangerous. It might be quite the journey to find the source. I mean she was no expert, but she didn't see hot liquid running their way. Perhaps they were just out of the reach of real danger while the aftermath spread to all reaches of the land.
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She didn't have much interest in going on a long trek to find something so trivial.
She'd leave it be and is anything came to harm her, then she'd have to take action. But Alison was reassured enough they were out of real danger, so that was good enough.
"Good to hear."

Furthermore, they were together. Alison claimed to definitely not have an interest in Venny, and they were of the highest teir so it was natural for them to consult one another. But still. 
Vanity can only hope and dream of fanatical love stories.
Nonetheless, she grinned at them.
If Alison had anything to say about it, then she could, but she'd have to catch up with her already dispersing form.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
What do you suggest as a fall back should we begin to be affected? He would trust her judgment further on the matter, or perhaps a plan B or an emergency plan should things take a turn for the worst. They would remain in the misty woods, for now, provided that nothing further affects their well being - but to have a backup plan would possibly be the wisest thing. Uncertain if he would tell any of the members just in case they would panic, instead, it would be between the three of them the plan should shit hit the proverbial fan.
105 Posts
Ooc —
Last post from me!

"What do you suggest as a fall back should we begin to be affected?"

She didn't like that thought. The most reasonable solution would be to move, although they had already worked so hard to stake a claim here and winter was approaching rapidly. As long as Lava or another threat did not creep forward the ash would not be harmful enough to cause issues. Their main concern now was food. I'd say moving would be our best bet, perhaps our allies will allow us near their borders until the land is safe. I don't think that is necessary, nor preferred by both parties though.

Icy eyes moved to meet Vengeance's gaze. She prayed the brute would not question nor revolt against her answer, but it was truly the only and best option she saw.
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Vanity was satisfied with Alison's confidence. She wouldn't question the one who seemed to know best.
The backup plan seemed pretty solid too, if there was a need to move, however, she could scout. It likely wouldn't be a problem though. So for now, Vanity would concentrate on her hunting. 

"I'll see you around then," she smirked and wandered off into the ash-clad trees, wondering what else was different.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
I will keep that in mind. He did not revolt or question her answer - she was General for a reason, and since the Nightwalkers were created, she has shown to be much more of an asset as such. Despite their rank differences, Alison was more of a partner, and he saw it as such, though he had the final words, she had more pull than some might realize. He was brash (as seen recently), and she, was his better half in the decision making.

For now, we will keep this between us. There is no need to alarm everyone in the woods. Should the need to move arise, we will call a meeting. With that, he turned to take his leave. 

I can archive the thread if you want!! Claim that thread for trades ୧( ಠ Д ಠ )୨