Haunted Wood Do you dare to look him right in the eyes?
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Open to anyone but tagging possible medics / toxis, @Serem and @Tzila. First to grab it gets it! Set for the 12th.

He'd worked his way to the overhang of roots which afforded a bit of shelter, although it wasn't quite enough for his bulky body. Revui carefully hobbled to the dark corner of the pit and wedged his hindquarters in there, wincing as he settled back down to his belly. His forelimbs spread out like a wide-stanced sphinx pose, and he lay there glaring up at the arc of the pit's edge, willing someone to show their face. He knew of the black wolf, and the child, but there were other scents—some which only surfaced after he'd been asleep, which made him wonder if he was being visited more frequently. Sometimes after these visits there were piles of fresh herbs scattered in the dirt which he'd inspect, but rarely eat. His healing was slow going because of his petulance—but Revui didn't see the point in succumbing to their experiments, and wasn't about to trust these violent creatures with his care.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She heard of another who had been allowed into the ranks but never got around to seeing to them. She only knew bits and pieces but from what she could gather, the wolf was not in good shape and she felt the need to seek the newcomer out, to check wounds and what not. Although with the tremors lately she hoped herbs weren't completely destroyed by fleeing creatures. Serem didn't know if she had many herbs in her den but before departing grabbed the half eaten hare she had.

Upon arriving she saw the male and saw the pile of herbs that had been left. "Your hurt." She stated simply. Captive or not he was allowed to live for a reason. "I'm a medic."
”Common” "Spanish"
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
Eventually a dark shape drifted along the edge of the pit, and Revui lifts his head to watch them, alert and antagonistic as always, expecting the man with the red eye to appear. Eager for it, almost. But instead of him, there is a woman. She wastes no time with her words - and while he listens, his head drops back to the dirt like a chained animal awaiting their master.

She has food with her which is a bonus. He can smell it, his belly aching for it. Yet still Revui fails to engage. He wants nothing from her - food, medicine, aid - because then he will be indebted to these beasts. With a snort he pulls away from the womans line of sight, snaking towards the shadows spreading from beneath the roots overhead.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
The man was silent and didn’t respond to a word that she had said not had he touched anything that was laid out for him. Perhaps he had a death wish but she didn’t care, she would at least try and do her job. “Your wounds, their infected.” She said as she tossed the hare at his paws. “Eat this; regain your strength and let me treat them.” It was more of a demand rather than a question this time and she looked at the herb pile for anything that she could potentially use.
”Common” "Spanish"
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
She spoke of infection and he turned an ear, then turned it back. Being pointedly ignorant of what she desired, up until she tossed the raggedy rabbit down in to the pit. It hit the dirt and sank against it with a flourish of dust, but Revui did not move. He was hungry—always ravenous even without his injuries, now made maddeningly worse with the oncoming loss of prey—but he couldn't trust what was offered to him. Still, the sound of the rabbit's body hitting the dirt earned a flick of his eyes, a lingering glance as if he contemplated getting up and fetching it for himself.

He heard the demanding tone in the woman's voice. If she meant to help him, she'd have to climb down in to the pit—and that would be the perfect opportunity for him to overpower her, perhaps tear her to pieces. From down in the dirt he could not tell how large or powerful she was; but he still felt confident enough in his own abilities, his training, his bloodline—he would rather tear her face off and feast upon her remains in the long run. One less enemy, and a full belly to top it all off.

So, he remained where he lay. Grunting softly, but otherwise refusing to engage with his latest captor.

stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
She may not have been present to witness the fight that resulted in their gain of a new captor, but she certainly had learned of it. Nothing escaped Tzila. She was an attentive individual. Comfortable in her shadows, she took every opportunity to lurk...to watch. Like the dreaded monster under a child’s bed. And if she wasn't doing that, then you could bet it wouldn't be long till the news reached her. As it did everyone else in these hellish woods.

She was a busy woman. Busy enough not to prioritize visiting some fool before her more immediate tasks were complete. Today her schedule was a little more open. In a disturbing turn for the worse - or for the benefit of the pack, she had begun to develop the first buds of interest in the fine, sinful art of toxicology. Such beauty in those plants, laced with the promise of so much pain, on so many levels. And even death. Silently, wraith like, she approached the rim of the pit, where Serem already stood. Only she, with her predatory gait, head low and shoulders held high, held a sinister presence on an entirely different level. Her jaws parted, pearly strings of saliva stretched like webbing between her pristine teeth. A low, hiss like growl curled around her words. "Do not make our Sergeant tell you again." She took a step closer, daring to place one front paw over the rim and on the downwards slope that lead inside. At the same time, she made it a point to lightly bump her flank against Serem's in a show of comradery. Her tongue flickered out over her lips, snake like. "Unless you would prefer two broken legs..."
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
He ignored her once again and the female bit her tongue so to speak and kept her composure despite the male making it very hard for her not to become pissed off and let him die of infection. Pride can be ones downfall and in this moment she thought maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing for him. He was nothing to her anyway; nothing more than a captive kept alive because of the mercy of whomever allowed him within their borders.

Before she could speak, she was joined by another and gave the female a slight smile of gratitude for her presence and looked back to the male once she stopped speaking. "I am going to treat your wounds. If you try to attack me I will leave and you can stay here and rot. I could care less." Her voice was firm and cold, lacking any emotion whatsoever.
”Common” "Spanish"
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
It made little sense to Revui that he was alive right now. If he was a threat then the best thing to do was to kill, and these wolves were very capable of such a deed—they could have done him in when he passed out on their borders, being defenceless and wounded as he was. Instead he'd woken up in a pit, of all places. If this had been Moonspear and a creature such as himself had crossed the borders, calling a challenge to all and daring—stupidly, mind you—to bare fangs against whoever appeared, they would have been torn limb from limb by the Cerberus. Yet in this place, somehow, for whatever reason, Revui was alive. There was a level of mercy in these woods that did not make sense to him; although deep down he knew he should not question it. Without that small weakness, that window of opportunity during which they'd dragged his unconscious body to this empty parcel of dirt, he would be dead.

Maybe he should've been more vocal—maybe he should've been thanking them and heeding their desires, but that was beneath him as a prince of the mountain. Of course, they did not know the blood he carried; more importantly, Revui was too dim to remind them.

The dark wolf spawned a second soon enough, another soot-streaked woman with a bad attitude and commanding aura. This one seemed a touch more menacing as she made her threats, but Revui barely looked at her, and wouldn't allow himself to curb to fear—on some level he was honestly too thick-skulled to be afraid. He was busy staring at the so-called Sergeant as she bartered with his nature; there were no promises passing his own lips, nothing to imply the woman would be safe should she cross in to his space, but soon enough he looked away from her and some of the fire went out of his eyes. That was all she would receive from him; this silent acceptance, an acquiescence.

After a moment he hoisted himself to his paws, precariously balancing on the limbs that still functioned. He peered over at the rabbit that lay discarded in the dirt and made his way closer to it, grabbing it by one limp leg, and then pulled it close in order to eat. It did not take long before the runty thing was in pieces—swallowed up by the starving young warrior.

469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Powerplay permission given by Cryptid.

Serem was here for a reason. Though badly injured, the grey-scale males wounds needed to be tended to. As a captive, he was to be kept alive for a reason. The details of which, she was unaware of as of yet, but she would not question the reasoning behind the Warlord's or General's decision. Emitting another throaty growl, cold eyes pinned on her lesser, Tzila addressed Serem. "I got your back. I will handle him."

Her intentions were made clear the instant she slunk down into the pit, scarlet hackles raised for intimidation. She would not stop at just a standoff. In a whip like movement, she lunged with a bellowing snarl, forcing him down...beneath her. Right where he belonged. She applied her full weight to hold him in place, angling her body just so, to allow Serem to do her work. Her jaws hovered over the base of his neck, ready to scruff him like a whelp should he be uncooperative.
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She had someone to make sure he wouldn't attack her and Serem was grateful for her packmate. The dark woman followed the other into the pit and looked through the pile and found some stuff and began to prepare the herbs for his tears and bites. "I'm going to apply this to keep away and get rid of infection then I'll see what I can do about your leg." She had never dealt with a broken bone so she guessed he'll be her first test subject. "I may have to get poppy seeds if your pain is too great when I put the bone back in place." Once the mixture for his open wounds was ready she would apply it.
”Common” "Spanish"
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
The rabbit was devoured; within minutes of his consuming of the creature, and perhaps due to his voracious appetite and inability to keep a steady pace, his belly resisted. He felt suddenly ill and wondered if the dark women had poisoned it—and up came a chunk of chewed meat slathered in bile, wrenched from inside of himself and coughed to the dirt. The spasm wasn't long lasting but Revui stared down at that chunk of food with longing.

And then there was a presence beside him. He hadn't noticed the wolves entering the pit, and they came for him immediately. Maybe they anticipated that he would be too bloated by the runty rabbit offering to fight them; maybe they had hoped their poisons would take immediate effect if there were any. The warrior turned to face the oncoming danger but it was too late—one woman postured, snarled, and lunged for him, grappling with his neck and forcing him in to the dirt.

The wounds he had earned earlier—from Black Hat—were barely knit, and split open as he was roughly pinned beneath the weight of the woman. The other one was more passive; perhaps only an observer. Serem explained herself, but Revui didn't care much. He twisted against the dirt a little bit to try and get free but that earned further pressure from Tzila, so he stopped, and waited impatiently for them to finish whatever they were doing.

469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Had she not been so thoroughly enjoying the present situation, she would have scowled at the bile laced remnants of the rabbit their charcoal prisoner spewed up. Tzila looked to Serem when she mentioned the possible usage of Poppy Seeds, her newfound interest in plants of the more toxic variety bubbling to life. "If that is the case, I would be happy to fetch them for you afterwards." She rumbled darkly.

Beneath her the male shifted only slightly. Enough to earn more attention from her. Sneering, she leaned in close, allowing her midnight face to hover dangerously close alongside of his. She gave him a sickly sweet, toothy smile. "You must be so, so stupid to have come barging in here like you did." Her voice was playful, yet no less sinister. "Tell me sweetie, do you believe in hell? Because if not...well, that can be arranged..."
Loner
675 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Warrior
She applied her little concoction onto the open wounds without any hesitation or any regard for if it hurt him or not. She looked over to her packmate and have a smile of gratitude. "That would be great and perhaps after this you could show me where they are." Serem had searched the woods but couldn't find them; she wanted them both for others as well as herself. Once she was down she went to his leg. "This'll hurt." Was all she said before she moved the bone into place. The female grabbed a stick she could use as a splint and set it with cobwebs. Serem caught what her packmate said in the way she said it made her chuckle with interest. Perhaps this was a wolf she could tolerate. She looked to her packmate. "Thank you, I'm done here. Perhaps find me after and we can talk about where you can find poppies." She said simply and departed.
”Common” "Spanish"
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
If he had been a more social creature or more attuned to the behaviors of others, maybe Revui would have taken offence to the lazy way the two women disregarded him. One was trying to tend to his wounds, but beyond that, the two of them seemed to be discussing things as if mending the broken limb of an agitated and captive beast was as commonplace as a light morning rain. He did not put much stock in words, so when the large woman pinning him to the dirt tried to garner another rise out of him, he didn't respond much; her tone was grim, but the words themselves went in one ear and out the other. The threat wasn't something to scoff at however, Revui couldn't help but do just that, huffing and rolling his eyes ever so slightly—only to shut them and let out a prickly groan when Serem tried to set the bone in his leg. No warning for that, which was probably best.

Serem placed a stick alongside the cracked bone and netted it in place somehow. Maybe he would've been impressed that a wolf could mend something so outright dangerous to one's health with a little bit of sticky bug tape, like that. Yet another aspect of this encounter which Revui was not equipped to appreciate; he had some limited knowledge on how to patch himself up with willow bark thanks to Speedy and that was it. For the time being the creature was in too much pain to do anything, so he lay there while his newly set leg bone throbbed, dizzy and drifting from the adrenaline spike.