Haunted Wood I'll Meet You in the Park, I'll Be Calm and Collected
I Am Better Than You Think
105 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
for @Revui ! I'm not sure if he's still in the pit, I'm just going to assume he is, if not I can edit to wherever he might be!

Some time had passed since the General had the stray dragged in. For the most part, she did not bother visiting, only occasionally did she glance to ensure he was still here... Not that he could get far with that leg of his. What a fool. Fool or not though, they had already lost one captive and Alison did not want to feel Vengeance's wrath should they lose another. She had ensured Serem saw to his wounds and enough food was provided to keep him alive, but no more than that. Prey was scarce already without another mouth to feed. 

However, today was different. Instead of watchful eyes from above, Revui would have the pleasure of being graced by her presence once more as the general stalked down to the pit he was dumped in. Rather he saw her approach or not, the gargoyle would surely feel the burn of her cold stare as she neared.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
For a week Revui was left to his own devices. A week spent sleeping as much as he could (which was very little, as he did not trust a single sound or passing shadow in this place), with the occasional toss of a pitiful scrap of meat in to the pit to keep him from starving entirely. He didn't know why they bothered; if they wanted him dead they should send someone down to face him, and be done with everything. He did not want to die, but Revui was a simple-minded creature—a brute, a soldier, all brawn all little bark, as he had no use for making excessive noise. He had learned from the best that Moonspear had to offer and he still retained confidence in his prowess, even after losing against a pair of shadow-clad warriors in the way that he did. All he could do in the pit was ruminate over his loss and plot—as best he could with the prehistoric mind he had been born with—the demise of all that crossed him.

He'd not slept well the previous night; it was difficult to tell if the preternatural disquiet was a byproduct of the constant patrols done by the wolves of the woods, or the quaking of the earth, but it was almost too much to bear. Maybe it was a ploy to send him in to fits of madness. Whatever the purpose for the unnatural emptiness around him, Revui could hardly bear it and he was left to stare at the walls of the pit, or the floor, or the stars overhead if he could manage it—until the first trails of light crept between the trees to meet him. That morning there was frost on the earth and a bite to each breath, and his entire body was stiff.

Someone came stalking close to the ledge above him again, but this time it wasn't one of the shadows. The deep fulvous tone of the stranger's coat looked nearly black with the grey light of dawn, but in time there was more to see: a flourish of red that reminded Revui of blood and fresh meat, making his hunger more palpable. He took a few slow and steady breaths as the wolf found a slope and climbed down in to the pit with him. If he had been fed properly he would have charged straight for them—alas, these beasts knew what they were doing as they kept the best meat for themselves, a tactic he might have even applauded if he had been more aware. The wolf was vaguely familiar; it took a few moments, wherein she crept closer, before Revui identified her as one of the combatants from the fight, and lifted his lip to flash her a crocodile smile, reminding her that his teeth had managed to do some damage then, too.

But they both knew he was too weak to fight—if a fight was what she'd come for.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

105 Posts
Ooc —
oof sorry for long wait I know you've been a bit away too so I pushed this thread out of priority. No rush on your end!

It wasn't long before she stood before the broken man, his pelt almost making him a part of the pit. Perhaps if she did not get her answers, he would really become one with the Earth. When she had neared the man flashed his fangs, but the threat held little weight. As they stood currently, he was as good as dead, but Alice? She was alive.

The icy stare would not falter, only breaking his gaze to glance at the extent of the man's injuries. Keep your mouth shut unless it's to answer me, lest you crave death. I've come for answers, not your blood. The general sat a short distance away, enough for her to react should he try anything, but close enough she herself could pose as a threat. I have questions and I'm sure you want answers as much as I do. Cut the tough guy act and maybe we can strike a deal. There's no use for it here anyway, those who are strong are recognized. Those who are foolish die. Believe me when I say this is your best bet.
Thread log, played by Aso, #008080 , pawprint, Alice's Playlist 4/10* 3/5*, * = incomplete threads
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist
All good. :)

Her cutting response did not sway him much, as words often did nothing beyond slide in one ear and out the other. She stayed up on the ridge though and that told him all he needed - and he hid his fangs away again, presuming she would stay true to her word and keep away from him. Without the threat of immediate danger or damage, Revui was less inclined to pay attention; but his loathing for her had grown stronger with each day he spent in the pit, knowing her as the primary reason for his current state. The red woman and the one called Black Hat -- both were high on his hit list.

Revui watched her; there was no fear in his eyes, but there was a strong challenge, a sharp quality that turned his blue-green eyes to sea ice. Hard and cold. Little did he realize how the pit was changing him - how the wolves' treatment of their captives was mutating him with each wasted day. He spent many hours thinking and plotting; Revui was neither thoughtful nor wise enough to suitably plot the downfall of others, being a do-er, always active in some way. The stagnation was the true torture. Alone with his thoughts - with his rage.

The woman claimed to be after answers, and he waited until she was done speaking before snorting piggishly. What could she hope to gain with words? Why bother asking anything - he was not going to give what she wanted, and the venomous look in his eyes said as much.

The woods have always been filled with these soft doe-eyed things;
with hearts beating for the arrow, the bullet, the lance.

I have always been the huntsman.  ⤑

105 Posts
Ooc —
so sorry again I held off with classes and you were away for a bit. We can keep this thread short if you want since Revui is actually in the ranks now!

The General waited, but all she was met with was a snort in protest. Of course, it would not be that simple, but it still irked her to the end and back. Alison refused to let her annoyance show, instead holding the cold gaze. I know you have all day, I can play the waiting game. Just know I can make your life worse if you choose to not cooperate. 

Food was already scarce, threatening his few meals might not do much, but it would lead to the male wasting away. Perhaps death did not concern him, the gargoyle had barged past their borders with a challenge. Something only the foolish would do, and even now he did not seem concerned with the fact that any member of the Nightwalkers could kill him.