Sun Mote Copse you know some people, they just wont understand these things
we are biding our time, for these myths to unwind
248 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
backdated a smooch.. just to get this in my threadlog/addressed canonly. <3

Weejay's garden was dying.

It happened to coincide of course with @Elfie's willing disappearance. She hadn't wanted him to go. Even if he was going to be close (I'll visit often, I promise), even if he was only a howl's breath away -- Weejay didn't want him to leave.

But when had little Weejay ever seen what she wanted?

And now the crinkleflowers found by @Aengus were gone, just like him, and Elfie, and Wildfire and everyone and everything else. Weejay had never known frost with such resentment -- it crept through the soil in little tendrils of white, and it crept in her heart in little tendrils of ice -- until at last she was just thin and despondent and shut down entirely from the world.

And now, her garden was dying.

She had done everything she had known to try to save those flowers: the sunflowers withered and dried on tall stalks, the wildflowers with their grey petals fell away one by one.. and eventually even the grass seemed to turn in on itself and bury deep into the earth.

It used to be every morning Weejay burst from the den and tended to her little kingdom. Now she walked by it, not even able to look at the barren pot of earth, for fear of crying. Not even @Eljay could lift her spirits with games (safe, of course). It had become route for her to simply leave the den and not even spare her forgotten realm a glance -- because what good would it do to remind herself everything good died?

Today when Weejay left the den, there was a blanket of snow on the ground -- and a mist that rose in smoky tendrils around them. She walked with her head high past the garden, refusing to even honor its memory with a look... and as she walked by to some destination only she knew, the tiniest sliver of a bright purple petal poked through the snow -- a hardy mum brought to brilliant life by fall's discord.
so hold nice and close the ones who get to your soul,
so that when it is cold, you wont feel so alone