Meadowlark Prairie Caught up in This World
133 Posts
Ooc —
Pack Activity 
For all KO members or anyone interested in joining during trying times! Tagging for visibility I'm assuming whos left in the pack made it to the meadows feel free to PM me otherwise and I'll edit! Since this is going to be pack activity I'll do this in rounds lasting a week at most (4 days if we all post) and resetting each Monday unless someone wants to post but didn't get the chance! No posting order otherwise! @Dawn @Speedy @Winterbourne @Emrik @Dauntless @Spica @Syrma @Acheron

It had been a week since the now small kingdom was shaken from their home. Ash and soot had crept closer with each day and prey was sparse. Even worse? Ira and Evergreen did not join them here, along with Firefly and Verx with his kids. Perhaps they had all taken off in another direction, but it seemed strange for the leaders to abandon them. No, Tobias was sure they wouldn't. Something had happened to them.

His sadden gaze hardened as he looked out across the plains at those who did make it. They had lost almost half of their numbers, and they had played the waiting game long enough. The cowboy tilted his head back calling those who were left forward and waited for them to gather. He was no leader, and he certainly wasn't next in line should Ira and Evergreen be lost for good, but they had to start doing something or they would all die here.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
her next step after talking (or attempting) to the healer was to call the rest of them together; she understood quite clearly the importance of making sure none of the rest of them faded away after casualty like this. the flooding was merely an echo of the past, only the opposite cause. the mass exodus from the territory, the missing scents, the people or bodies who may (or perhaps certainly) still be within the territory—

it was haunting, but at least she knew what to do. a foreign howl calls them together before she can attempt to do so herself, and she answers it swiftly, coming to meet a wolf who appears only vaguely familiar. "tobias." she greets as the name comes to mind, brow furrowed. "have you seen any sign of evergreen, or ira? I think I've counted three, four other capable adults still with us." there was hardly any time for small talk, not when the list of the missing grew longer than those who remained. it was the latter she was concerned with; only them, this time.
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Dauntless hadn't been there for the fire. He'd only seen them from afar, and wondered at their devastation in the aftermath. But he did not know the mortal terror of disaster, aside from the visceral horror of seeing his father cold and dead.

So he was scared, and had no practicing at living that way. When the ground first began to shift he'd not quite believed it, and now it was like living in a nightmare.

He trailed after Dawn on this day, drawn by the collected way she'd taken the disaster in stride. None of them were happy about it, of course -- but he also thought that none of them were handling it quite like her. Perhaps it was just that she was his big sister, and he was accustomed to seeing her as someone who knew what she was doing and who, more importantly, knew what he should be doing. Certainly, Tobias had been just as helpful (if not more) to those that remained.

He looked to the man now as he approached, too overwrought to offer any greeting to the pair aside from a dejected twitch of his tail and a passive dip of his head.
133 Posts
Ooc —
Only two heeded his call, but that was fine. He nodded to both as they arrived, thankful some came. Dawn was quick to business asking if he had seen their leaders, but just as Speedy had asked, he could only frown and give a sorrowful shake of his head. No, that's why I called. Things seemed to have settled since the woods fell, I'd like to go out and search. The cowboy's gaze jumped to Dauntless, he hadn't formally met the man yet, but he had noticed him more since they retreated from the river.

I don't think we met, Sir. You can call me Tobi, although unfortunately, the circumstance under which we have are grimm. Dawn, food supply is still low and we have those pups to feed, do you think you could focus on rounding up some food with a few others? I don't think it's wise to split our numbers too much given what we have.
Thread log, played by Aso, #2F4F4F , pawprintTobi's Playlist  3/5  3/10, * = incomplete threads