Swiftcurrent Creek BWP P3: For you, I know I would get messed up
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Pack Activity 
@Rosalie @Alessia @Sherigrim @Helios @Zephyr @Polaris @Lainie @Soter @Morena @Atwood

I'm unsure where Lainie would be in her healing process or where she would be atm, but I can edit if needed <3

I'm not a fan of making these mandatory, so if you're unable to get a post in and want to be pp'd, just let me know!

It had been days since the rock slide shook the territory. He had been patrolling nearby when the quake had almost brought him to the ground. It was followed by a crack and the unmistakable sound or tumbling rock hitting the mountain side as it fell from above. He had arrived to find the creek completely barricaded off with boulders and debris much too heavy to move. 

He had taken a few days to figure things out. Obviously, they couldn't stay here any longer; the mountains were literally falling apart, and their home was ground zero. And now, as he inspected the creek, he could see it was drying up at an alarming rate. They relied too heavily on the water. Staying here was just stupid and putting his family in danger. They had to leave. Now. 

Kavik lifted his head and called for everyone, his howl urgently summoning the pack from wherever they were in the territory.
I'm no good without you
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was the earthquake that caused her to begin to leave the den finally. It was the terror that made her stay as close to someone as possible and when her father called she was not far away, having strayed in the distance behind him. She walked, her gait spastic and unsteady as she flinched at the pains shooting through her nerves. She was out of breath by the time she reached her father, who she was unable to look in the eyes as she sidled up to him "It's not going to stop is it? We aren't safe?" She asked her voice tremulous and lacking in its usual steady confidence.
204 Posts
Ooc — jem
it was just purely terrifying.

the world, the beautiful home to not only them but absolutely everything from fellow predators, to large prey animals like magnificent herds of deer or the equally important smaller critters hopping about like rabbits and mice and don't forget the vegetation itself, tall swaying trees and rock filled creeks; it was all at risk as the world did everything in its power to dispose of them all. what had they done to anger it so? she didn't get it but she'd become confident that there was simply nothing more terrifying that could happen than this and yet life went on; she marvelled at the birds continuing to sing and swoop; the rabbits still hopped; the mice still scurried; the deer still grazed and the trees still whispered. sure it wasn't all the same, she knew prey was fleeing and trees were falling but what remained continued the precious ritual that kept everyone alive. it was so depressingly beautiful and her heart ached at this civil war taking place in a land usually so peaceful.

the earth versus its entire population; the winner was clear yet still they tried. it was all they could ever do. 

the world had let out another snarl today; causing her to stumble and hit her shoulder off a nearby rock with a pained yelp. however jaws had been quick to snap shut as guilt stirred in her stomach; with what had happened to lainie, her poor beloved lainie, it seemed wrong to even wince at such a minute thing as a potentially bruised shoulder. ears leaned back against her head at the moment of panic to follow; it happened every time. things ran and toppled and all she could do was watch; what did they run to? there was no escaping this. yet then above it all, as strong and powerful as ever was papa's howl and instinctively she relaxes; calmer now that an accomplishable goal has been presented to her; go to the source.

it doesn't take long to reach him and her steps falter briefly at the sight of lainie's jerky movements; pain shooting through her at the sight but she attempts to cover it up and continue on shakily. she froze at the sight of mass destruction; bi eyes wide with horror. parts of the mountain had literally fallen into the creek and she watched on; unable to look away despite the growing dread as the water literally began to lower before her very eyes. there are no words; nothing to say to that as she simply moves in close to her sister, gaze not leaving the creek once as she awaits word from the only wolf she believed capable of coming up with any sort of solution to this.
"common" | "french"
[Image: ezgif-com-resize-7.gif]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Since this has been sitting for so long, I'm going to just PP everyone else showing up and post and ending so I can archive. If you intended to add something, just let me know and I'll get it reopened for you.

Lainie arrived first, her concerning state breaking his heart. She was strong, though, and she eventually made it to him, pressing herself against him with a worried look she tried to hide from him. He reached down and nuzzled her. No, we aren't safe here anymore, he murmured, unwilling to lie to her, especially now. 

Polaris arrived next, her fear tearing him apart. She came and settled against her sister, and Kavik offered her soothing nuzzle as well. He would figure this out. 

Once the rest of the family had arrived, he looked upon them grimly. I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but we must leave the creek. It is no longer safe for us here. He swallowed the ball of anxiety and dread in his throat. I'm not sure where we will go, but I think I can lead us safely through the northern part of the mountains and into the lands to the west. I think it will be safer there.

With a final nuzzle to the two daughters huddled close to him and anyone else that might be near enough to him, he stood, careful not to knock Lainie over. We must leave now. I'll give you an hour to gather anything you want to take with you. Meet me back here, and then we'll depart. His gaze moved over the faces of his family, feeling undeserving of the trust they all had in him but promising to do his best to keep them all safe.
I'm no good without you