Haunted Wood Private eyes, are watching you
sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Private 
33°, currently it is snowing ash and set during the late afternoon. Located in great bear wilderness, haunted woods | ooc notes: not sure where captives are held yet within the pack, so its a vague general area in haunted woods LMFAO, one or both captives can join <3 | tagging: @Revui and @Orochi

As the ash continued to fall all around, the beautiful black snow that continued to cling to the trees and the Warlord's pelt. The air began to chill, evident by his visible exhale as his warm breath hit the cooling air as winter threatened to take hold of the lands sooner than it's regular scheduling. The soot helped keep the temperature rather even, it wasn't as cold within the misty woods than it did where the soot didn't reach. 

But his attention wasn't as much on the raining ash as it was on the captives for now. The one that Black Hat had brought had decided to flee during the pack hunt - something he would remember as the lanky man was the one who "vouched" for the pathetic grey woman. Though he would admit, it was rather impressive for @Radar to leave when she did, very clever... for her sake, she would never see the Warlord ever again. 

To replace them, two individuals were brought. An adult male... and a young boy. Once he had closed in on the location, he stood over where they were kept. Ruby eyes sweeping over the two of them.  How are you liking your stay thus far? Comfortable? It would take just a moment for him to recognize the boy...
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
being very vague abt things

Must get out. Gotta escape! The dragon haphazardly threw himself against the dirt wall time and time again. He clawed at its sides hoping to crawl out, only to slide back into the tainted snow once more. If only his leg were not broken, then maybe he'd be able to hoist himself out of the pit. Curse Valour... and his little friend too! They were nothing but cowards; too scared to take him on on their own. When he got out of here he swore to the stars they would pay for humiliating him. Well, that was if he got out.

The odds were not in his favor. There was, of course, the broken leg and the snow. But on top of that there was a lack of cooperation. There was another wolf here, @Revui he assumed. If they worked together then maybe they had a better chance of escaping. Alas, even if the grayscale was willing to do so, Orochi surely wasn't. He had done just fine on his own up until this point and that wasn't gonna change now. So the boy ignored him completely.

Stupid... stupid... Orochi had kneeled over in the snow, exhausted from his escape attempts. He lifted his head to the sky and shouted Valour when I get out of here I'm gonna tear you limb from limb! His ears twitched when he heard footsteps approach. Could it be his former pack mate? He hoped so. If he came down here he was going to get a beating of a lifetime.

It was not a boy who stared down upon the pair but rather a man. No, a giant. Shocked recognition morphed his features and then rage. Shut up! he snapped, You better let me out of here or you're gonna regret it.
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Slight Power Play for Revui, Jitter has given me permission!

The youngest one was a spitfire - and Vengeance recognized him almost immediately as the pup he had met in the apple orchard a little while ago. So they've come full circle. This time, the pup was on his turf, and unlike the young dragon, Vengeance was more than capable of defending his land (well... Orochi will be able to soon, i believe in him). 

The adult male didn't seem bothered. Perhaps he was drugged to the point that he was unaware of what was going on, or ignored the yelling and continued to keep to himself for the time being while he healed. Never the less, it was between the Warlord and the puppy once again. The youth was on his own in this cruel world, and at Vengeance's mercy of all demons, he could have crossed.

With a chuckle, the beast made his way down, without fear of the injured pup or his injured pit companion. With a thud Vengeance made his way down to the ground, soot and ash flew in every direction as he landed, leaving behind him a cloud of gray at his toes. His eyes never leaving that of the young boy who held his attention. Will I? No... No, I don't think I will. Come to think of it, should the boy grow in size and strength, even if the day did come where he followed through on the threats - Vengeance was certain he would lavish at the moment. 

Even if you kill me, I will haunt you. Even if you slay me now, you will need to climb out on your own; and I've been so kind as to ensure you're both fed.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
He glared at the beast as he made his way down and growled when he shook the earth with his paws. The cloud of dirt and ash wafted into his nostrils and stung his eyes. Rrrah! Orochi hobbled backwards, lowering his head to rub the debris from his eyes. This was so humiliating. Why, he oughta tear the giant apart right where he stood!

But of course he couldn't. He was too small, too weak, too broken. If he attacked now, he would surely be beaten. Pinned to the floor just as Issun had done just weeks before. Orochi cringed at the thought.

Although he would hold back from acting out, Orochi wouldn't hold his tongue (when has he ever?). Fine,  the boy hissed, I never needed your help anyways, He shot daggers at the warlord. I'm gonna get out of this stupid hole, I'm going to get my own stupid food, and then I'm gonna tear your stupid face apart!
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The little spitfire was as amusing as ever. The boy never failed to slap a smile onto the Warlord's grimy face every time he opened his mouth. As you wish, I look forward to the day of your success. He cooed awfully. All the while he walked along the circumference of the pit. Eyeing the boy, their surroundings, the adult who slept away the commotion that the boy was howling. 

Every step he kicked up just a little dust cloud of ash in his wake, leaving titan sized footprints behind him. But tell me, how many enemies have you made? Wandering into parklands unwelcomed, picking fights with the locals, picking fights with strangers in orchards. I can be a better ally of yours than an enemy. He paused for a moment to let the boy digest what was said. 

It didn't matter what he answered or thought, Vengeance did his best to try and rally as many on his side as possible. Especially the young... If he could sink his jagged claws into them and drag them onto his side at such an early age, perhaps he could build a little army of loyal minions. But that was only wished. He could never tell what this boy was thinking after all. You have a fire I enjoy.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Odd how a sense of wonder arose in that moment. He stared at the prowling beast, then at his own paws. He took note of every print left in the dust. They were gigantic. Orochi swallowed a lump in his throat. Could he too be graced with such a powerful body one day? Maybe then he could take down his enemies with ease. He could stand tall over Minori, he could beat Valour to a pulp, he could slay this... this monster. jealousy. Jelousy. Why am I so weak?

The dragon shot up once more, boiling, growling. And were those tears scorching his eyes? Don't cry, damnit. Stop crying STOP CRYING. I don’t care. His voice was softer now. Any louder and he wouldn't be able to hold back those tears. But even though he was more quiet now, his words still trembled from an uncontrollable rage. I don't need you to be my ally, or parent- He stops for a moment, now realizing he was subconsciously comparing the beast to his caretaker. Well, past caretaker that is. Orochi let out a frusturated growl. Whatever! I don't need anyone ok?
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
The boy was cracking. The tears were evidence of that. He was close to breaking but it was a tender moment. Vengeance wasn't all that good at mental manipulation. His strength laid in overpowering individuals with his strength, weight, and size - to play with someone mentally purely on wordplay felt alien to him... and he wasn't as confident in his ability with it as he would be if he had chosen to throw the boy around like a ragdoll again. 

The boy had a word caught in his throat - and Vengeance smiled. Of course you don't. His tail flicked at the tip, curling ever so slightly as he continued to slowly pace around the walls of the pit. But that flame needs tending for it to grow before it sputters out. You don't need anyone, but you desire someone. Something. What is it that you want? He would keep pressing until the boy was no longer amusing.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
Oh there were so many things the boy desired. How could he choose just one? He wanted power, control, strength. He wished for attention and praise. He wanted someone to love or love him. That someone existed once. Takara, his dear mother. She was the only one who was able to keep the dragon at bay. Now she was gone and she took that peace with her. And she left a beast behind, one that damned the world. One filled with pain and rage. Oh mama please come back. Take me away from this terrible place. Bring me home!

What do I want? His voice grew ever softer, now freshly stung with the memory of his mother. Orochi eyes jumped from place to place. He was sad, he was scared. He didn't know what to do or what to say. It irritated him. Control over himself was all he wanted. Why was there always someone in the way to stop him from doing so? And they always made him cry. That was the worst part.

Contol. It's what he craves in the moment. And with the beast here he could not have it. Go. He lifted his eyes and repeated more harshly, Go! I want you to leave!
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
short post is short! So sorry, we can have a new thread later if you want!

the boy was struggling internally. His mind a wir with emotions and things he didn't seem to understand or was taught how to grasp and deal with properly. Abandoned and forced to teach himself the cruelties of the world and learning one happenstance after another.

Think about what I said. was all he said before climbing back up the slope, leaving the boy and the other injured man in the pit before walking off. Leaving the boy to think about them being allies rather than enemies. They'd be powerful together. He could teach him much more - all he had to do was think about it a moment. Let his emotions run dry and let logic take over.
435 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Warrior
i'd love that! thanks for the excellent thread as always <3

He... left. Just like that. No retort, no refusal. He just left with him with a simple task and then he was gone. Orochi stood there for a moment, frozen in time. He blinked and then he began to uncoil. He should be mad, he wanted to be. He is to some extent. This was the second time the beast had pushed him over the edge, forced him to ask questions he never wished to ask. A forced growl swiftly dies in his throat. There's no need to waste his breath anymore. Vengence was gone, that's what he wanted right? Orochi limped to a wall to rest against it for the rest of the day.