Lake Rodney BWP { eyes killer cold and black and bare
51 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

AW · phase one of BWP Extinction

Razikale shows It’s face early. Rumbling underneath, the Patron stirs in Their underground domain—and it makes Aldric uneasy. At first, the flame-touched male thought it would be a brief warning, a tremor to remind them that Razikale’s presence is ever constant, even if They do not make it known.

Yet, the trembles have become frequent. Some a few seconds, others lasting long enough that Aldric must pause and ground himself.

He’s left the willow in the Fen in favor of the nearby Lake for nourishment. His stomach hungry, for it seems prey is scarce in these lands. Little does Aldric know that it is not always like this.  
Verradril
common · »tevene«
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He needed to get on @Vengeance's good side. It wouldn't do to have such a powerful entity be anything less than an ally, and he craved a high position like an addict craved opium. That keenness brought him to the broad lake neighboring the Haunt — the place where he fought that mad wench and wound up trapping himself in this situation. Though he managed to scrape by what could've been a much nastier outcome for him, Black Hat considered it a lesson learned in self-control... though he really should've learned by now from his experiences outside these Wilds. Old habits die hard.

He trotted along the water's edge, not in a hurry yet still wanting to move at a decent pace. If no one was here for him to question about the earthquakes, he'd have to travel further. Luck seemed to be on his side today though, as he spotted a man by the lakeside. He altered his trajectory to head his way. Hello there, Black Hat started curtly, not wasting much time with pleasantries. I hate to be a bother, but I was wondering if you've been experiencing any earthquakes lately. We have back at the Haunted Woods. He gestured towards the woods with a tilt of his head.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
51 Posts
Ooc —

An unfamiliar voice beckons for the ex-prince’s attention—it is difficult to understand, the harsh quality grating on his dark tipped ears. Enough so that the man cannot help swerving them in a different direction, as if to buffer the sound.

His yellow eyes flicker in the direction the stranger gestures—“Haunted Woods” sounding a less than pleasant place to live in, but such opinions are kept under lock and key. Instead, he focuses on the bizarre term the other used. “Earthquakes”. It makes sense, for it is the earth that is trembling underneath them, and although Aldric is firm in his belief that it is Razikale, not all are knowledgeable of the Minrathous Patrons.

Yes. The earth has been trembling often, Aldric confirms, There does not seem to be a pattern on how long they last.  
Verradril
common · »tevene«
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
How the youngster's ears swiveled back in response to his harsh voice did not escape him, and he took offense to it. Sure it was a little rough around the edges, but the texture wasn't that bad! Nevertheless, Black Hat decided to gloss over it for the sake of staying on topic. He grunted in acknowledgement of the fellow's words. The stranger didn't appear to know any more than they did about the cause, but his shared experience at least confirmed the earthquakes weren't confined to the Haunt.

Where are you experiencing these tremors? He asked next, trying to get an idea of how far the quake's scope was.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
51 Posts
Ooc —
With his travels, Aldric has become further accustomed to the common language, yet this man’s voice adds an additional challenge. His own gravelled voice still unused to speaking the less familiar words, and so he says them slowly, with care and thought put into each.

They are stronger here, but I felt them in the south, too. Very faint, enough to be recognizable and make one pause, but not enough to damper the day like it may be here. Have you seen prey?
Verradril
common · »tevene«
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Black Hat had an equally difficult time understanding the foreigner, but he managed well enough, assisted by the man's languid speech. He simply grunted at the information given as he stowed it away to relay to Vengeance.

A question. Yes, but they're growing scarcer by the day. I fear the tremors are only getting started and expect them to thin out more, Was his answer. More conversationally, he asked in turn, What is your name, traveler? I am Black Hat.
♚ JOIN CORONA
51 Posts
Ooc —
Worse? Certainly Aldric hoped that these tremors were simply a commonstance for this area, and they would leave with the changing of the season. This stranger confirms his fears; that these earthquakes are not normal, and are showing signs of continuing. Hm.

Has this happened before? Or at least, he is curious if Black Hat has gone through this—and what Aldric might need to expect in the near future. Aldric.
Verradril
common · »tevene«
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He slowly shook his head. No, this occurence is new to everyone. Thus, everyone in the wilds was utterly unprepared for what all these quakes wrought. He chose to omit that musing though, not wanting to leak his pack's vulnerable state to anyone. But especially with winter just around the corner... it was a thought that plagued Black Hat's mind every day.

The red-mane gave his name, Aldric. And what brings you here, Aldric? He asked more conversationally, now.
♚ JOIN CORONA
51 Posts
Ooc —
Alas, the majority must be inexperienced then, when it comes to the havoc. Aldric might've been hoping for advice in weathering them, but asking for help is something the ex-prince is hesitant to do so in the first place. The change of subject is welcomed.

I am searching for prey and water, he says, deciding to take the question as this specific location instead of the Wilds itself. And you?
Verradril
common · »tevene«
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Gonna close this out!

I came here looking for answers regarding the earthquakes. Since I got what I was looking for, I'll leave you to it. Good luck, He said, mentally adding "You'll need it." before turning with a bow and heading back to the Haunt to report his finding, mediocre as it was.
♚ JOIN CORONA