Sleepy Fox Hollow one by one
62 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
@Mahler / @Takiyok, or any Diaspora wolves!

Stubborn, naive—she thought no matter what obstacles lay before her, she could conquer it. Winters are a piece of cake compared to the chaos surrounding the Wilds at the moment.

Her jaws part, light rain dampening her coat of red. Each step trudges her upwards, and she darts when need be from the crash of rock or a loose tree. Traveling has honed her stamina, but even she is feeling the dizziness from lack of nourishment.

White flags of surrender wear in her blue eyes, no matter how strong her mentality reigns, Annaliese is not foolish—she knows she cannot survive winter alone. The scent of group caught her attention days ago, observing from a distance… now, she can wait no longer.

Halting near a marker, the red woman leans back her head and beckons for their attention.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
All Welcome 
with his thoughts upon the hinterlands, mahler roved the borders of the hollow aimlessly. stag now, tripped away; he recounted the names of the ones lost, and presently began to gather pebbles.
a dire, monotonous game; the gargoyle nudged them into a semi-circle around a larger grey stone. stigmata, he decided, the death to precipitate it all.
he was roused from his grim contemplations by a summons, and swept up the ridge to greet the foxfire at their gate. aware that the famine had tolled his weight away, mahler nevertheless drew himself to great height and lay his lavender gaze upon the woman, waiting.
the rain fell; he appraised her form with the weary practiced air of a general seeking new bodies for his army, though in his kill-brother's absence, he felt less their military might. 
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
62 Posts
Ooc —
Patience is a virtue that Annaliese lacks; so used to snatching whatever she desires. They may knock her down numerous times, yet she is a persistent pest. Fortunately, she is not left waiting long. Upon the horizon towers a man of coal and ash—a mimicry of the sky above. ‘Fitting,’ she thinks.

Never one to be shy, she takes him in. Her ears and tail lay submissive, and her already dwarfed height slouches to accommodate. Her eyes, however, dare to defy authority. Fascinated yet judging of the thin form. Her own lacking the thick bulk she is used to.

I am Annaliese, she says in lieu of a verbal greeting, I want to join you.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the woman was respectful, direct. though the shameful masculine part of himself put in a vague response to her appearance — mahler found such irritating, given his general exhaustion and grief — it was those qualities upon which he focused.
"vhy?" came the accented thrum of his throat. with the world turned to madness, surely this annaliese could understand the care that must be given to joiners, that he would not assume the responsibility of someone unable to contribute.
on the other hand, mahler could scarce allow another grown wolf to pass by diaspora, not with so many young mouths to be fed. he was silent, once more awaiting the she-wolf's response.
62 Posts
Ooc —
Of course, she would think him a fool if he accepted her whims right then. Annaliese puffs her cream chest, ears twitching at the accented tone. Appealing, in a way she’s never heard before. Hunter’s Slope continues to prove itself a bore, compared to the Wilds.

You know why, she says, gesturing with a shift of her muzzle towards the destruction that lay all around them. Nature slapped them silly. We can help each other. I will not take what I cannot give back.

Annaliese is a survivalist at her core, and she loathes to admit that she cannot do this all on her own. So she focuses on selling a point that they are both strong, and will be even better together.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
annaliese was not without pride, something mahler admired, though it was a silent expression within himself. "this is diaspora. i am mahler, its general." after all that had transpired, the gargoyle still found it odd to refer to himself as such.
"vhat do you bring that ve might not already have, annaliese?" mahler purled, stepping forward. her acceptance had been confirmed, but her demeanor intrigued him enough to continue the questioning. 
charcoal ear twitched at the small shifting of stones along the ridge top; lavender eyes, slightly warmer now, searched her fiery countenance. "before you confirm it is vhat you desire, you must first be informed that this home is temporary. ve are of the mountains, but it appears the mountains are no longer a safe home." transient, as they had always been, only now it was forced.
62 Posts
Ooc —
Preening underneath that lavender gaze, Annaliese finds it irresistible. She hungers to sink her teeth into this Diaspora, to experience what it is to live in a pack that challenged obstacles as she did. This general, Mahler, a formidable man.

If this were her birth-home, it would have crumbled, lest her and her sister take the helm. Her parents much too weak.

She does not want it to be handed to her, however, and it is Diaspora that she desires now. Her mind is made up, she will run with them, no matter the cost.

Yet, she has much to learn. Annaliese never experienced the weight of a step, of how a General’s presence could dominant the air. She shivers, not of fear yet in anticipation. Part of her wishes to flash fangs, and another, quiet voice wishes him closer. Her stare drinks him in, standing against the force of his presence, and daring a minuscule shuffle forward.

I bring whatever is necessary to help your Diaspora survive. My experience focuses on exploration and healing. Her resume is a spread of whatever she could get her greedy gremlin hands on. Success is the end goal.

It is then a potential opportunity is given to her on a silver platter. Diaspora is to move; the Hollow a temporary resting point. Annaliese brims with excitement. Unfortunate, she says first, a smile curving upon her lips. But I can find Diaspora a permanent home. One safer than these mountains. She assumes they have not already, given they remain here.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
interest danced in his stony expression. she was a confident sort as well, and all her features came to bear in the form of an impressive creature. "you promise much," he commented, the ghost of a smile flirting round the edge of his mouth.
"the hinterlands are to the vest of us," mahler indicated with a dip of his muzzle, "far off, and across another range." a pause followed.
"i accept you as our newest geist, and i set your task now: go there and seek a place vhere ve might settle. i know nothing of it. bring back as much information as you can, and the rank of centurion, highest after leadership, is yours."
62 Posts
Ooc —
She promises what she can deliver. The adventure ambitious when Mahler chooses to send her far west, but nonetheless, she is determined. Better to thrive for a cause than freeze alone in the winters that are to come. She best haste, for it would not be long before snowfall adds to their worries.

Gaze momentarily distracted by the smile the ash-touched male gives, she shifts her steel eyes to the west, following the direction he gestures. Ears swerving to listen to his every word.

Officially pledged a Geist of Diaspora, Annaliese preens underneath. The deal he strikes perfect motivation. Centurion Annaliese has a nice ring to it. Excellent, she purrs. I will leave before first light tomorrow. Much as she wishes her exhausted body had the energy to start now, it is wise to rest and gather strength.

Tell me, General, what is your dream home? It may be out of reach, if these Mountains are what he seeks to remain a hold of, but Annaliese will see if she can seek it out.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the unknown lands. mahler followed the line of the ghost's gaze toward the place they lay, and for a long moment was silent. his vision for diaspora revolved around the sunspire, and now the range stigmata had so loved was sundering.
were they still wolves of the mountains?
"a deep forest vithin sight of a lake or river, a plateau. ridges, cliffsides. i vant protection for new pups and a vantage point to look down upon the herds."
the strange world beyond; mahler looked to the eager foxfire now, and wondered if she was being sent to die.
62 Posts
Ooc —
The General knows what he wants; helpful, so Annaliese can find this perfect haven for Diaspora to rest it’s head. She is pleased that he lacks hesitation, decisive in his decisions instead of wishy-washy answers she is used to from her relatives.

Hmm, she hums, A wonderful dream. And hopefully, when she is through with this, a reality. Annaliese flickers her attention back to the ash-touched male, smile still gracing her lips.

You mentioned new pups… do you have a mate then?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"not yet, though i suppose they vill be born all the same," mahler answered, unable to resist teasing her a small bit for his own amusement. inviting annaliese to his side with a gentle inclination of his muzzle, the man was silent a long moment before he spoke again.
"this trek vill be dangerous. i vould not think ill of you if you declined."
62 Posts
Ooc —
Cream eyebrows lift before she eases into a smirk. Amusement flickers briefly within her eyes of ice.

Such a tease, she whispers, and joins him at his side without hesitation. Though she cannot help ponder, this will be the first year she could have children of her own. Would motherhood be fitting for her? Although Anna is thinking much ahead, too new to Diaspora to hold any weight yet.

Alas, her dear General grows serious. Perhaps that is why he has so many grey hairs.

Attached to me already? It's only been a few minutes, she taunts, tipping her chin upwards. Do not worry, General, I've given you my word, but if it would make you feel better, I will return if the path becomes too dangerous?
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
annaliese was flirtatious, flippant in the face of grave danger that might lurk ahead. summarily amused, briefly irritated by what he had first mistook for a girlish ignorance, he settled himself. a smile came to his lips — he let a low rumble of laughter escape the cavern of his darkened chest.
"i expect you to keep yourself safe in the service of diaspora. at least in this endeavor," the gargoyle murmured. "if you are as skilled as you have persuaded me to believe, then of course," and here mahler's eyes shown with a lilac glint toward the new geist, "i vould be sorry to lose you."
62 Posts
Ooc —
Underneath the doom and gloom, her General holds an alluring voice; the deep rumble of his laugh capturing her attention. Annaliese’s lips curve automatically to the sound, unable to halt the movement of her tail.

Although joking in her mannerisms, she hadn’t expected for the frost-tipped male to be genuinely concerned for her behavior. She is a new pawn, someone expendable. Diaspora continues to prove itself to be the right choice.

Hmm, she hums, expression softening as she dips her head in a brief nod, You’re kind. A quality she isn’t certain about yet.

Mind showing me around?

Fade? :D
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
<3

"i am glad you believe such."
take her up on such he did, pleased by her quick mind and fiery looks as he began to acquaint her with the place where diaspora had made its temporary home.