Ooc — Hela
Guardian
All Welcome 
Back dated to 10/9
Locarion: somewhere between lone star mountain and thunder dome
@Alessia /Zephyr, @Rosalie, @Helios, @Lainie, @Polaris, @Morena, @Atwood
@Soter 

Just so everyone knows:
Alessia, Soter, and Morena are on the lone star mountain side of the rockslide and are leaving the game.
Kavik, Polaris, Lainie, and Rosalie are on the thunder dome side of the rockslide and are sticking together (I assume). I figured we could figure out where they're going ICly, but Kavik will want to get out of the mountains asap.
Helios and Zephyr are going off on their own
each group is assuming the other groups are dead since that's easiest
Atwood, feel free to stick with us or go your own way <3

I'll miss you you guys! Let me know if you ever want to reunite with Kavik <3

The snow had fallen all night and into the morning. Kavik considered staying in the cave where his family had some protection from the cold but the sooner they made their way through the pass and away from the mountains, the sooner they would be safe from the crumbling peaks. There had been multiple quakes throughout the night, and he worried about them getting stuck up here during the coldest part of the year. So just as the sun began to shine into the opening of the cavern, Kavik had gently woken anyone that was sleeping and ushered everyone outside to begin their trek once more. 

Snow still fell heavily from the sky, and he was grateful that the tall sides of the mountain pass sheltered them some from the icy wind. He focused on where Rosalie and Polaris walked in front of him. He was unable to make out the words of their quiet conversation but the sight still comforted him; at least his family was all here and safe. He glanced back to where Alessia walked with Morena, slowing a little to allow Lainie to walk at his side. Helios and Zephyr were off a bit from the group as usual, but he could still see them, so he didn't say anything. His youngest son was in the middle somewhere, sometimes walking with him or Rosalie and other times slowing to walk with Alessia. No one said much, too focused on moving forward through the freezing snow he assumed.

After staying in the middle of the family for most of the day, he moved to the front of the group as the sun began to set. A loud crack made him freeze, followed by the sound of rocks slamming against each other. He saw the mountain falling down towards them but he couldn't speak fast enough. It reached them too quickly, sending him to the ground and covering him with debris. For a few seconds, he lied there under snow and rock, too stunned to move. But he his family made him snap back to awareness. Kavik sat up, debris falling from on top of him. He had bruises and minor injuries. Blood trickled down his face from a gash on his head, but he paid little attention to any of that. He stood and looked around, noticing right away that the pass was completely blocked off by a wall of rocks, snow, and debris. He ran over and called out, realizing that the only member of his family he could see from where he stood was Lainie. He tried to dig at the base of the wall, but it started to make a precarious creaking noise. He felt like he couldn't breath, and panic started to tighten his chest and make his head pound. But he couldn't lose it right now. He turned and ran towards his daughter; he needed to make sure she was okay.
I'm no good without you
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
It was unfortunate that Lainie had been straggling behind a bit, feeling so wretched from the travels that it was hard for her to keep pace. When the land beneath them gave out she shouted for her father before losing the ability to do much else beside scream and be tossed around by the earth and rocks. When everything went still she knew she was under the loose earth and struggled, thrashing around in a panic as she used her forelegs to shove at the earth until her head burst free. "Papa!" she gasped and then called again, louder as she worked to free herself her body feeling sore and her spasms making it difficult but slowly managing to loosen the dirt enough to twist upright and stand. Her breath heaved in drained bursts as she slowly limped toward her father, eyes wild as she glanced around her as if expecting the entire world to crumble around them.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
I'm going to leave this open for one more week <3

Kavik ran to Lainie when she called out to him. Are you okay? he asked worriedly. Are you able to move? He glanced back to the wall of rock and debris, fighting to swallow the bile rising in his throat. The rest of the family hadn't been that far behind him. Suddenly, he was hit with the suffocating weight of his realization: they must all be buried beneath the the rocks. 

Stay here, he told Lainie before bolting back over to the wall. He listened intently, praying to hear anything but there was nothing. He called out the names of his family, but there was no response. No, he cried out, the sound dying into a soft sob. He hung his head. This was his fault; he made them all leave, he decided to travel through the mountains knowing how dangerous they were, he had led them all to their death when they had all trusted him to lead them to safety. He squeezed his eyes shut, breaths moving in and out of his lungs quickly and he vied for control of himself. The grief and guilt was devastating, though, and for a few moments, he thought he might collapse to the ground beneath it. He wished he was under the pile of rocks instead of his mates and children and he silently begged whomever was listening to switch places with them. He could die here today, but they didn't deserve this. He stood, silently frozen in his despair and failure until the sound of coyotes in the distance made him snap his head up. He realized the sun was almost fully set, and he turned to Lainie. We have to go, he said painfully. It's getting dark and we're not safe here out in the open. He turned and ensured she was following closely as he began to walk. He felt like he was leaving half of his soul lying cold and dead under the snowy debris and it killed some part of him deep inside, but he couldn't let anything happen to his one remaining child. He had to at least keep her safe.
I'm no good without you
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Stage 1 of grief: Denial. Last post from me.

Lainie did was she was told, she stayed put but her mind knew why her father didnt come to her for so long. She stood frozen as her mind shut down, staring at the spot she had last seen her father. She did not contemplate whether her family was okay. She did not contemplate where her dad had gone, she simply obeyed the last thing she had been told and busied herself however she could. By the time her father came back she was laying on the ground panting softly in a manic daze, leaping up and pressing against him walking away with him silently and not saying a word.