Hoshor Plains Don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
AW but maybe @Hieronymous

The sun had set a while ago, but the healer remained vigilant in her task. She promised the Constable that she would help establish the borders, and so she was going to keep her word to the best of her ability. She had managed to catch a raccoon earlier in the day, but she had given it to her children to ensure they had full bellies when they went to sleep, or as full as she could get them with hardly any food around. Her own frame remained thin, and her stomach growled angrily as she made her way along the borders. She ignored it, though; there wasn't much she could do about it anyway. The air was cold tonight, and her breath came out in white puffs around her face as she walked. Occasionally, she would stop and stare wistfully out into the darkness beyond the plains, her gaze searching the nothingness for Castor. She was sick with worry over his disappearance, but she hadn't been able to spare very much time looking for him. The constable needed a lot of care and they needed to get the pack's claim here more permanent before winter officially arrived. Plus, she wasn't sure how much she should be wandering the lands outside the borders; if the wrong wolf found her, then all of her children would be without a mother. She sighed heavily, guilt and worry a rock inside her chest, and prayed silently for her son's safe return. Hopefully he wasn't lost out there on his own without anyone to keep him warm and fed.

She started walking again, stopping after a few minutes to mark a tree on the edge of the plains. Then, she continued on, thoughts heavy with worries over her son and the future of Kaistleoki.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
25°, currently it is clear and set during the day. Located in Kintla Flatlands, hoshor plains

As much as he tried, when left to his own devices, Hieronymous was beginning to feel the dread that loomed over all of them during recent events. As much as he tried to remain positive, seeing his reflection in the water had caused him to worry - more so when he glanced around at fellow packmates, seeing their bones become more and more prominent, the fatigue on their faces, the worry. 

What could he do to help them out? Food would be nice, but every adventure he set out in search of food always left him empty-handed. Food was scarce everywhere, and he had to still try and eat himself before he wasted away to nothing... though he couldn't feel the pit in his stomach, it certainly was there. 

Locked in his jaws was a raven, feathers broken and splayed out in his teeth as he wandered back in from outside. Food - it wasn't what most would think to be food, but desperate times called for desperate actions. A scavenger being hunted was perhaps something that Hieronymous had never thought would be necessary, and yet here he was, striding into Kaistleoki with hopes of giving something for @Ira to eat.

Instead, his eyes landed on the mother, Speedy. They had yet to meet, along with many others of Kaistleoki, but perhaps this was the moment. With a sway in his tail, he trotted forward, slowly lowering the bird in his maw to the ground while keeping his gaze on the woman, tail still swishing behind him while he turns the motion into a quick bow. Lady Speedy, you're painted with worry, would I be overstepping my boundaries by asking why? He wasn't aware that she was missing a pup, only having to slowly find more and more out of his fellow packmates - it was tough while everyone was focused on survival rather than making friends.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She didn't register his presence until his words broke through her anxious thoughts. She paused her steps and looked to Hieronymous with a weary smile. She never minded the concern of a fellow packmate; it was often that their roles were reversed, and she was the one asking another to share the burden of the their problems, so she appreciated the opportunity to do the same. My son is missing, she admitted quietly. I've been so busy with Ira and trying to help make this place safe for the pack that he just disappeared right under my nose. She cast a worried glance out to the lands beyond their makeshift borders before resting it back on him. I'm afraid of what could happen to him out there all alone, especially right now...he's still so young. She closed her eyes and sighed. So I decided to search the borders for any sign of him; our scents needed to be freshened anyway. It would hopefully keep unwanted visitors out as well as possibly lead Castor back home. You can join me if you'd like, she offered softly. She wasn't the best company right now, but she could use the help and the distraction.
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Listening carefully to Speedy's words, his heart ached for her. To lose a child, he couldn't imagine how that must feel - not being a father himself and all. Life had proven over and over again to him that it was cruel, both beautiful and savage and something that had to be respected and every moment had to be cherished for anything could tear you away from a loved one or from your own breath itself. 

I would be honored to join you. With a gentle nod of his head, he positioned himself at her side at a respectable distance. Poised and ready to follow her around the borders - he would take this moment to learn their boundaries as well, map it out in his head and memorize the location. Would you like to tell me about your son? His name, a description? I will keep an eye out for him while I travel.

He wouldn't fill her head with false hope, but at least he would know what and who to look out for should he have had, or would, cross paths with the lost child. Most would give their condolences, or even reassure her - but to him, it all came off as negative assumptions or hopeful lies. Instead, he'd rather stay neutral on the boy's possible state. Until they found him and brought him home, or a body to grieve over.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She offered a sad smile. Thank you, she offered. If more of them were looking for him, then they'd be more likely to find him before something happens. She walked along the borders, nose to the ground until his question made her lift her head to look at him. His name is Castor, and his coloring is similar to mine except lighter, and he has very distinct, teal eyes, she answered. He is about five months old. I'm worried about what could happen to him out there all alone. Her words cut off with a sigh and a shake of her head. She knew there was a chance he could be injured or worse, and the longer he was missing, the more likely it was that something bad had happened. She felt helpless; all she could do was search and hope that he stumbled into someone or somewhere safe in the meantime. I appreciate you taking time to help me look for him, she added after a small pause. Then she lowered her head once more, drawing in the scents along the borders as she moved.