Chimera Fields Trapped in a parallel world
ɓuıʞ nɾıɐʞ
54 Posts
Ooc — H2O
@Praimfaya sorry for the wait!

She traveled away from the mountain, it felt like it brought her too much grief. The path Evermore followed seemed to be filled with nothing but love and then loss. Perhaps she would be damned to this life because of her sins, though she wasn't sure what she could've done wrong. Her family sheltered her, and that was something she hated even while young. She left, but didn't desert them. Could that be an action punishable for?

Her pace was slow, Evermore tried her best to watch where her steps went. Yet, the sun had left her alone in the dark, desperately trying to see where her feet fell. One event led to another, she trips over a buried stone in the ground, and with a thud, she tumbled to the ground. Normally, she'd be sharper on her feet and would spring up with a hearty laugh. Yet, she lay still on the ground, the cold dirt rested against her cheek as she watched the grass gently sway in the night's breeze. Maybe she could pretend to be a grass blade, and let the wind take her where she was needed or destined to be.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
no need to apologize! as per usual tags for reference but no obligation to join! <3

despite praimfaya's numerous trips outside of roangeda's establishing borders she can't say that she's ever been to the particular territory she moves through now — likely in the company of @Dacio, @Aleks or @Ingram as she wasn't often without at least one of them these days. though the shadows of night that have fallen over the wilds hide from her the things only seen by daylight, she can tell that there is a vast difference in two sides of the territory. the western front is uneven, though some grass might grow there during the warmer months it is sparse and rocky now as the chill of autumn and the coming winter set in. the eastern front shows signs of visible flora life coupled with the scurrying of the small nocturnal woodland critters scurrying from her advance.

she is not out this far to hunt tonight. at least, not prey. without much to go off of on kaistleoki's dispersal from their original claim praimfaya grows desperate to find isi and dragomir, believing that her bloodkru still lives with them. all she knows is that she has to warn isi that the rusalkan crone searches for her; and when the scent of another wolf wafts in praimfaya's direction she cannot entirely mask her disappointment that it is both lone and unfamiliar to her.

nevertheless, she investigates.

praimfaya draws nearer, following the scent as it grows stronger, her steps cautious. they halt all together when the form of the woman takes shape against the grass. would it not be for the steady draws of breath that praimfaya hears she might've assumed the woman to be dead. hei, praimfaya calls out in trig and then switches to common for, are you ok?
ɓuıʞ nɾıɐʞ
54 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Perhaps it was pathetic, perhaps it was something that Evermore just felt the need to do. It wasn't simply the exhaustion of her constant travel in her sleepless state, but perhaps it was her mental exahstion, her emotional exhaustion. She felt alone in this world, and for a moment that's all she could think about -- her loneliness. The grass blades still danced, even when the world threw its constant and suddent changes upon the inhabitants. Perhaps, she should dance still, continue to live her life even though it feels like everything is coming to an end.

"hei,"

Her internal thoughts silence themselves. Evermore lifted her head from the ground and scanned the rolls of land infront of her. Gently, she landed on the light colored fem. She looked concerned, and for a moment Evermore hoped she was the one being concerned over. It felt nice to be worried about for once. She didn't know what "hei" meant exactly, but it was enough to get her attention.

"are you okay?"

She sounded steady, perhaps a bit more fluent with her tongue. Evermore blinks softly and nodded her head. "Tripped over something," she started out, "my eyes didn't protect me as well as they should on this night." She felt old when she said such a sentence, she was hardly an older wolf yet somehow she had the joint pain and bad eyesight, though she blamed her long journey for those things. With a lack of grace, Evermore unfolds her legs from underneath her and stands to her full height, chunks of dirt and flowers stuck to her side and belly.

"It is hard trying to recover from the earth's trembles." She saw the forests, how streams were diverted, how trees had fallen over, and how the oceans had swept up the coast. She wondered if the young lady in front of her had seen these things as well.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
the stranger stirs and praimfaya faintly sees the nod of her head in the shadows, ears cupping forth with attention as the woman then speaks. she tells praimfaya that she's tripped and that her eyes didn't protect her as well as they should've. praimfaya frowns slightly but glimpses about the uneven terrain of the barren half of chimera fields. understandable, the worlida then speaks in what she hopes is assurance. the ground wasn't very even on this half of the fields and who knew how deep some of the divots in the land were? she was lucky, praimfaya thinks, that she hadn't twisted an ankle or something.

it is, praimfaya agrees. my kru and i were lucky that our home was mostly protected from the worst of it. lucky, praimfaya thinks. she is only lucky because of blodreina's sacrifice. so very easily, it could've been her body broken and pinned and dying beneath the boulder that had shaken loose by the earth's rage. the fen, thus far, has proven much safer than arrow lake ever had.
ɓuıʞ nɾıɐʞ
54 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The other offers assurance to Evermore and her fleeting feelings of dignity in herself. She also seems to understand that the earth hasn't been herself lately, she's been testing her inhabitants with all types of forces possible. But hearing about a protected home, Evermore couldn't help but inquire more. Where was this place, how could it protect others? "Protected? You must be very lucky then, hardly anyone can say that nowadays."

She couldn't possibly know how much protection the white fem and her family could have, but she seemed to be in better shape than the brunette. Evermore licked her dry lips. "The coast was dealt the worst, the shores were swallowed whole. That was where I was when it all just-- just happened." Of course, this was all in Evermore's own personal opinion and experiences, perhaps this woman has seen more than to be expected. But she couldn't deny that the coast had a big hit, tsunamis and waves, endless sideways rain and wind. What could the inland face that is worse?

"I'm Evermore, by the way." 
 NOTICE: 
Evermore has been infected with RABIES. Any threads with her put your character at risk of being bitten and infected!
Stage 1: visual illness, fever, anorexia, vomiting, slight incoordination
Stage 2: cerebral/cranial dysfunction, foaming, extreme aggression
Stage 3: self-mutilation, paralysis, death
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
my mother chose well. praimfaya murmurs in a proud hum, even though it brings with it the familiar pang of loss and longing in her chest. as usual, she doesn't focus upon it. she misses her mother fiercely, but she uses her grief to fuel her desire to see roangeda become everything blodreina had hoped for and more. a child that would be commander; for now served as co-leader beneath the tutelage of her klikalida. an ear cups forth as the woman informs her that the coast was dealt the worst. praimfaya hasn't seen it firsthand but this woman is not the first to tell her it.

but we suffer the famine same as everyone else. there were fish in lake rodney and small woodland critters but nothing large enough to stock caches with; and with winter coming this lack of large game was concerning. praimfaya. the worlida offers her name to evermore in return.
ɓuıʞ nɾıɐʞ
54 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Mother. 

Evermore hadn't heard or thought of that word in awhile. She must've been wise then, just the way Praimfaya said so. To give birth to a beautiful daughter, Evermore hoped the mother was proud. Her child seemed to have her life under control, in comparison to the mess the agouti found herself in. Talk of famine brought light to the twinge of hunger Evermore felt in her body. She scraped by with whatever she found, but she hadn't thought of the bigger consequences of the earth's rumbles. The large game must've moved on by now, for their own safety.

"Life will remain hard until the game comes back, wherever they deem it safe," she started softly, "I fear the lack of food will lead to problems between the wolves that remain." This included her, this included Praimfaya and her kru, this included anyone who decided the Wilds was still there home, even with the troubles that came with. She could only imagine the fights that would break out for any large food source that came into being, whether it was a stray stag or even a few large fish. "It will be hell on earth until everything is back to normal."

She thought for a moment. Evermore would stand no chance by herself out here. She knew of the advantages of not having to answer to others, but at the same time, she knew the consequences of not having others to fall back on. She hoped she wouldn't come off rude. "I know it should not be my place to ask, especially in a time like this but," she began, her eyes shifted to the ground nervously, "is your pack full?" Survival was her first option, perhaps her only. She needed somewhere to stay if she wanted any chance of riding through this new plague of the earth. "I doubt you wish to bring in a loner into your fold at time like this, but I can do whatever is needed or asked of me to help, should you have the room." It was a long stretch to put it nicely.
 NOTICE: 
Evermore has been infected with RABIES. Any threads with her put your character at risk of being bitten and infected!
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
evermore speaks of things that praimfaya herself has feared, but dacio assures her that roangeda will survive it and praimfaya trusts him as her mentor and co-leader and she trusts her kru. we will survive. praimfaya murmurs with unwavering confidence. in comparison to the death of blodreina surviving everything else felt easy ...but the pain of losing her mother too early was still raw despite how skilled she's become at twisting it into devotion to roangeda. praimfaya doesn't grieve the way she should, she thinks. only briefly and privately, in the presence of her father, had she allowed herself to cry for her mother.

the worlida is drawn from her thoughts at evermore's question, frostbound silver gaze refocusing upon the earthen colored woman once more. we are not yet full, praimfaya replies after evermore has finished. famine or not, we will not turn you away. praimfaya seeks to assure her. do you have any specific skills? though evermore's acceptance into roangeda is already all but cemented. still, anything extra that can be contributed to roangeda's survival is welcomed.

words: 185
ɓuıʞ nɾıɐʞ
54 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The confidence in her response made Evermore smile, just a glint. Tough spirits like Praimfaya's would help make the world go round. Hopefully, others will have the same mindset, that they will survive this hardship of faminine and perhaps disease. Whatever follows, the wolves would have to fight. As for the response to her question, Evermore remained surprised and perhaps relieved. There was a spot, but perhaps not without a price, or proof even, that she could provide something to these others.

When it came down to skill set, Evermore didn't really know what she succeeded in and what she failed at. She hadn't had enough time to figure that out yet, perhaps due to how long she spent her time at home and then as a loner up to this point. She shifted her eyes down for a moment, almost embarassed. "You know, I don't really know what I'm good at," she started off, nervous about her shaky response, "but I've survived this long on my own. I've hunted small game before, did a few pack hunts with my family."

"I know it doesn't sound like a lot, but what I can offer is that I can learn. If you need me to learn how to do something or how to be a certine role -- I can do that. I want to pull my own weight and help your wolves the same way they would help me, should I join."

She hoped her response was enough, her nails dug into the ground for a moment.
 NOTICE: 
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
don't worry, praimfaya seeks to reassure as she notes the downward gaze of her companion in what praimfaya thinks might be embarrassment. just contribute what you can. i do not expect everyone to have trades. praimfaya tells her. i refuse to police those sorts of things. you contribute what you can and what you want to roankru and roankru will do the same. we are wonkru. one family.[q]

[q]and who knows. maybe you'll find one you like and you'll choose to pursue it.
praimfaya says with a soft smile and a slight but lofty shrug of her shoulders. as she's spoken to evermore: she sees no point in policing trades and requiring them out of all of her wolves. they were extra: if pursued then great if not then that was fine too.

a soft breath is taken as praimfaya drinks in the chilled air for a moment. she has already made her decision. welcome to roangeda, evermore. she says with a small smile. if you'd like i can show you the way to the fen, praimfaya offers. or if you'd rather make your own way there, you head south east for a few territories and then directly south. this is why she wasn't a good scout: her directional skills were harshly lacking despite how much she actually enjoys exploring. it was one of those things where she knew how to get to the fen and could do so blindfolded but giving directions to other wolves? she struggled. praimfaya lets out a small, perhaps bashful laugh. sorry, i'm not great at giving out directions. she admits sheepishly.

nanowrimo: 275
ɓuıʞ nɾıɐʞ
54 Posts
Ooc — H2O
She was wise, wiser than Evermore could ever expect from such a young soul. She liked Praimfaya, she obviously had her ducks in a row and her life under control. Talk of moving to the fen made her nod her head, she was bad at following directions. She smiled, "I'm not very good at taking them, perhaps I should just follow you then." She hoped Praimfaya didn't mind the company. Maybe she'd pop in a joke or two, get to know this girl better. Evermore had a feeling she was going to find a home in this land, at least, that's what she could hope.

So sorry for a late reply and a short response, feel free to either archive or reply and end on yours! thanks so much for welcoming in evermore <3
 NOTICE: