Stone Circle there's no one left spared
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 

It was likely that she was unwelcome but it was certain that she'd never know without asking. The borders of Easthollow had remained nearly stagnant since Bhediya's time within; same location, similar scents. There were some that she didn't recognize, but that was to be expected.

The bite of apprehension warned Bhediya from approaching, but she pressed onward. There were questions that she needed answered and only someone as close as Valette, or even Steady, would be able to do that for her. After deciding to go against her instinct (turning around and leaving before possible confrontation), Bhediya sounded her call and waited for someone to answer.

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
He had been hunting a grosbeak when the call sounded from the borders, and to his dismay, the poor thing had gotten startled and flew off. The desperate beats of its wings echoing as Greyback chased it in a hurry. But it was fast, far too fast for a wolf of Greyback's stature to catch, and with a disgruntled growl, the large man turned and heeded the call with frustration.

He shook his head and his stomach growled low beside the one in his throat. The twisting of the muscles in his gut was a harsh reminder he had failed and would probably go hungry for the rest of the day. How pitiful. Easthollow was getting weaker by the day, and he hoped the prey would come back soon now that the quakes seemed to have died down.

Approaching the border with his head and tail held high, the mammoth of a wolf, Greyback, towered over the dark female with a shadowed gaze. The patriarch was normally composed with a face of stone, but frustration still ran hot in his stomach, as did the pit of hunger, and the man couldn't help but he irked that this strangers howl ruined his hunt.

Nevertheless, he still gave her the benefit of the doubt and flicked his tail behind him, unaware of her past with the hollow and his mate. "What brings you to Easthollow borders, young one?" he echoed. The woman looked older; The same age of his first daughter, but as he grew older Greyback found himself seeing everyone as young.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had been on the hunt as well, desperate for food. Anything she found she would give to her children. She herself could not remember when she had eaten for the last time. For that she was a mother, and the matriarch of the family. She needed to take care of them. Valette heard the howl, and since there wouldn't be any prey for her to catch she turned towards the howl. It sounded familiar but she couldn't place it.

The female moved to the borders and found her mate with some female. Valette trotted next to him and greeted him by moving right to him with her nose going through his fur. When she was next to him and closer to the female she recognized her. She bared her teeth. "Akuti?," she responded and frowned. "What do you want?" she questioned sharply.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
A beast of a wolf approached first, his large stature dwarfing Bhediya immediately. She lowered her tail and curled her ears back, gazing at the ground in the a show of submission. Were it not for the vaguely familiar scent of Valette that he carried along with him, she might have wondered if the Alphess still lived here at all. 

It wasn't unusual for wolves to mistake her for an adolescent; instead of correcting and potentially offending the brute over something as trivial as age, Bhediya remained silent. As she drew in a breath to begin speaking, Valette finally appeared, obviously not pleased with her visit.

Bhediya took to steps backward and lowered herself fully to the ground, albeit slowly and without a sound. Tail curled and ears flat, she finally said, I'm here looking for Morningside. Perhaps they'd moved from their original territory and that was the reason she hadn't picked up their scents. It wouldn't have surprised her; Grayday wasn't big on sitting still.

I don't want anything else, Bhediya continued softly, I...I don't even have to know where they went. I just want to know what happened. If Valette, or her partner, were to react adversely to what had been said, Bhediya wouldn't fight back. Anything to just know.

"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Thankfully Valette hadn't been far behind, and when she approached the elder turned his head to rest it upon her shoulders for a brief touch before turning to the stranger—Akuti. He had been taken aback by his mate's disposition towards the female, but while she bared her teeth and spoken in her sharp tone, Greyback stood steadily beside her. The only evidence of his displacement was the frown on his face. What had Akuti done to make Valette react in such a way?

He stared at her for answers, waiting patiently as she sunk to the ground in an effort to show submission. "Morningside is gone—disbanded some time ago." he replied curtly. Truth be told, Greyback didn't know what happened to them. It wasn't in his nature to leave Easthollow often, and when he did it was only for the sake of himself and his family.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette kept her facial expressions tight as Akuti wanted information. She wanted to know about Morningside. Her mate answered it for her. Valette nodded in agreement with him. "After Grayday died, the pack disbanded since there was not a leader to follow in his footsteps. Eventually Sunny tried to reform Morningside but it disbanded again. I have no clue where Sunny or his children are at the moment," she explained to Akuti with a short tone.

Valette wanted to be sharp and bitter, wanting to ask if she left them like she had done with her newborns. This was the first thing Valette had not approved of. And then when she had been in Easthollow, she had been the one to leave with Grayday. Valette had not been pleased with him either but they made up eventually. Unfortunately for Akuti, Valette just remember the female as being disloyal. "And this is me being kind, giving you so much information." Valette stood close to her mate, glad that Greyback was by her side. Then she did realize that Akuti was one of the few that had been around when Steady had been alive. It all had been a long time, she realized.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The words replayed twice over and then once more. Grayday; he'd died? The momentary pause in her stiff posture revealed her surprise. It occurred to Bhediya that had she not left, she might have been there for him. They might not have been suited as mates, but Day gave her the only taste of authentic affection she'd ever had. At the very least, she could have been there as his friend. Bhediya wondered where the children went after their father passed.

Nonetheless, Valette had offered more information that Bhe had been expecting, and for that, she was infinitely grateful. After allowing the short explanation to sit and simmer for a moment, she glanced up at the Matriarch's sharp gaze, searching for even the slightest hint of something other. From what Bhediya could see, there was none.

The ascetic drew in a deep breath. I owe you an apology, she began, I can understand you not forgiving me. Before continuing, Bhe shifted her attention to the brute. Long ago, Valette took me in. I abused her kindness. Then, to Valette once more, Thank you for helping me, then. I know that it wasn't yours, or Steady's first choice. I'll go, if you'd like. Bhediya waited to hear if another point of attention would be brought up.

508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Valette explained. Ah— so that's what became of Morningside. Greyback didn't know Grayday that well, perhaps they had met once or twice. He was easily the largest male the patriarch had seen, one that rivaled his own size, and because of that Greyback respected the man. It was sad to hear what had happened to him. Greyback at least hoped when his time came that West would step up and take his mantle. Or maybe Arlette...

He watched as they conversed, and when he was offered an explanation he looked at Valette, his gaze searching her face. Betrayed her how? The man wanted to ask, was curious to know the answer, but kept his jaws shut. It was not his place to know, and if Valette wanted him to she would surely say it.

He knew it happened quite some time ago at the mention of Steady. Another man that Greyback didn't know much of, but respected enough for the sake of Valette. He mulled the thought in his head, of Valette having another mate, of loving someone other than him. It stung a bit, but he reminded himself that it was long ago with a heavy sigh.

Bhediya pulled him back with the mention of leaving, and the beast stared at her. "It is not my call to make such a choice."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched the female with her strict gaze. The memories of her and Steady. How much it hurt to think of a time Steady as alive. There were two sides that were stabbing her. If Steady hadn't died she wouldn't have been with Greyback, that hurt, but that Steady died hurt as well. "Go, I've given you far more kindness than you deserve," she stated, remembering how Steady was much harsher than Greyback ever was. Maybe now, how she turned out to be, she was a better fit with Greyback.

She didn't feel to have have any other conversation with the female. She didn't need more painful memories of a time that was so different from how things are now. She leaned against Greyback. "I have not thought of Steady in a long time," she admitted and then frowned, not sure if that was bad. She decided it was not. Perhaps the wound had healed, to only leave a scar on her heart. "She might be one of the few alive that new Steady," she breathed in realization.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Last post from Bhe. Thanks for the thread y'all!

The message between them was clear. These borders held strong against her presence, but Bhediya was not surprised. The expectation going in was for Valette to turn her away immediately, so to even have been given as little information as she was, the ascetic was satisfied. 

She backed away slowly. Once far enough to no longer post a realistic threat, Bhediya gave a nod to both of the Alphas and turned to make her exit. Thank you, she called back over her shoulder without stopping to wait if either would respond.