Broken Antler Fen it loves as harsh
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
Private 
@Aleks i couldn't respond to your pm since you have a messaging disabled but here's our thread!

the day, as it stretches on into early afternoon, despite the warmth of the sun along her back, does not warm too much more than the chill of the morn. praimfaya moves thru the heart of the fen, pausing to check their emptied food caches ...as if she expected food to magically appear there. she's thought about stowing a rabbit leg in a few of them but doesn't because she wants to keep her strength up and because a hind rabbit leg is horrendously and embarrassingly meager — regardless that the famine hasn't exactly allowed her much opportunity to hone her hunting skills. occasionally, there is bigger prey. a bird, a fox, a badger.

with a soft sigh she turns from the caches and lopes forward, her general destination the borders. at least patrolling the borders worked to distract her from the never fully sated rumble in her stomach.

words: 149
the fever becomes my home.
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
apologies about that

He was there, upon the borders that their Worlida loped towards, already through half of a patrol. He took it upon himself to refresh any places that seemed to be weakening in scents. Although it was his title to protect Praimfaya, he felt the pressure to protect them all the best he could. Of course he was not alone in such a task even if his mind presented it as his sole burden.

But he is tugged away from the thoughts at the sound of an approach. She is easy to spot with that stark coat and the unique smudges under her eyes as if someone tried to wipe away tears with the earth. It was her who had a burden, he knew. On a path to Wanheda and destined for such greatness in her youth. Perhaps she was here to busy herself with the same thing he was doing.

A deep whuff escaped him as he waited to see if she might direct her path — her attention — towards him.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
no worries! ^-^

though it should not surprise her to find other kru at the borders — amidst the surprise she is glad to see it — she gives a small start as the deep vocalization travels her way, broken out of whatever revere she'd allowed herself to fall into. frostbound gaze seeks out the origin of the noise and falls upon the familiar form of aleks. praimfaya's direction shifts as she diverts her course to intercept with his own. hei, she greets him with a jovial wag of her tail. were you patrolling? praimfaya subtly says as a way of asking 'mind if i join?' without coming forth and actually asking it.

words: 114
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
"Hei,"

It was a standard greeting among the group, he had come to learn this over his time spent in the Fen. I was — am. He motioned with a soft roll of his head for her to follow should she wish to accompany him along their borders. There was no need for him to stop his duties just because someone had arrived. Conversation could be held with the task was a simple one.

Praimfaya, He rumbled with ease as he aimed to look over at her should she have followed and stayed near. Might I ask something of you? Despite how serious of a question that could sound with no context, there was no urgency in his voice or even unease. These were not pressing matters he thought of when he had asked. Simply curiosity ringing through his deep voice.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
without further preamble, praimfaya falls into step beside him. despite her tender age she is comfortable on the borders: where she can best employ her fighting and diplomatic skills should the need for either ( or both ) arise. it occurs to her that, perhaps, for ingram's sake, she should not spend as much time at the borders but any time she considers it she cannot resist it. the call of the commander, protector and one-day leader of her people is too strong — a sirens call no doubt encouraged by blodreina during the time she'd been alive thru praimfaya's childhood.

praimfaya, aleks rumbles her name and her frostbound silver gaze lifts from the stretch of no-man's-land that yawns before them: land that leads to lake rodney eventually, to aleks. of course. the worlida responds, wondering what has stoked the notes curiosity she hears in her setnes's own deep and rich baritone.
words: 154
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
There is no hesitation in her response and although it does not outwardly show, he was appreciative of her willingness without even knowing what was on his mind. Hadn't she always been that for him though? She had answered his questions about kru and Roangeda so willing, allowed him the chance to prove — become her Setnes.

I wish to learn more of your language. He explained as he let silence settle for a moment or two before he offered an elaboration. I believe it could be helpful, should there be a situation where we need to discuss private or important matters but are not in a safe place.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
his words, to praimfaya, sound more like a request than a question but regardless, it is a request that the worlida is more than happy to oblige. though learning trigedasleng was not something she required of her kru she appreciates any effort or inclination they may show towards learning it nevertheless. though she is fluent in both trig and common it is no secret that she prefers trig to common. now moreso than ever. it reminds her of blodreina, largely, makes her feel connected to the deceased wanlida beyond her self-given rank of worlida. one day, she would shed it for wanheda and become a true commander of her people but for now worlida was a good place to be dacio's student; and as aleks points out in his next sentence: it has it's fair share of uses.

i agree, praimfaya supplies encouragingly. most of the time, unless they were addressing strangers and/or common speaking wolves, praimfaya and dacio spoke in trig to one another. as aleks points out, it keeps their end of the conversation private and allows them to give out only information they're willing to give out. i will teach you trigedasleng. she tells him with a small smile curling the corners of her lips. it's very close to common. it's kind of a ...bastardized version of it. priamfaya explains.

i assume you're already familiar with hei. it can mean 'hey' or 'hello' but works as a simple but efficient way to greet someone regardless of rank.

words: 263
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
He realized late that although he had asked to ask something of her, it was more of a request than an inquiry. Although he was pleased that she took well to it regardless. His first lesson was simple enough. A word he heard plenty enough to garner its meaning. He listened as she explained it was a casual greeting.

Hei, He tested carefully, mimicking it well enough. Then came the curiosity that gripped his mind whenever they delved into topics regarding Trigeda things. How might one give a...proper greeting? Such as in an encounter with a higher up.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
praimfaya gives aleks a small, encouraging smile as he tests out the typical greeting given to kru and non-kru alike. it never occurs to her that it might send a bad message for it is always coupled with posturing that indicates how she is greeting: friendly, cautious, hostile; and it is close enough to it's common equivalent that she never thinks to change it. would she have it entirely her way she wouldn't have to speak common at all. she much prefers trig to it but then again, it gives roangeda and those who know it ( or who are learning ) a distinct advantage around strangers. it allows them to communicate with one another without letting a stranger know their business. and as aleks has stated previously: particularly useful in a place where conversation was not private and a situation in which might turn unsafe.

praimfaya's quiet but attentive as he asks his next question: how to greet someone with a higher rank. they are addressed by their rank. she has called dacio klikalida several times, though mostly when speaking to outsiders. while we aren't particularly a secretive pack you can also use rank when speaking of kru to outsiders. it keeps a bit privacy among them, praimfaya supposes. her mother had been big on addressing wolves by rank and whether that was correct or not it was something that praimfaya picked up from shadowing her all those months.

nanowrimo: 241
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
It was a simple enough thing to remember. Granted he had not exactly learned a lot yet. Which left him with the burning desire to know more. He would struggle not to bite off more than he could chew. A specialty of his.

Are there any special words or sayings to certainly learn? Perhaps things to keep an ear out for should it arise in a conversation with someone...more skilled than myself. Warnings and the like. It would do him best to know all the ways danger could be announced. For he would not be a very good guardian if he could not answer to all calls.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
praimfaya is contemplative as she mentally searches thru the trigedasleng thinking of terms that she could drop to indicate a warning to aleks. it's not a bad idea and she is glad that he has brought it up for she hadn't thought of it herself. there are many and more words in common than trig but two words come to the forefront of her mind as simple but effective. there is sich it means 'trouble', but wochas which translates to 'beware' or 'watch out' could work too. uttered in a simple word to her 'setnes' ( though he bears a higher rank now ) could be extremely beneficial in a situation in which the to-be commander doesn't feel comfortable. though from what she's seen so far aleks is an attentive guard and she is proud to call him roankru.

perhaps we could use 'sich' for a mild situation and 'wochas' for one that might progress bad quickly. she suggests, looking to him for his opinion on it, as it was his idea in the first place.
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
He would commit the words to memory, mindful of their meaning. His head nodded to show understanding. They were not even horribly complex either which would do him well. I would like that. He hummed in response with the small start of a smile on his face. It was short lived though as his features fell flat once more.

Thank you, Praimfaya. If it would be allowed, he would aim to give a small touch with his nose to her shoulder blade. A genuine show of his gratitude.
743 Posts
Ooc — viz
Master Warrior
Rogue
feel free to either archive as is or archive with your reply.

with subtle words to communicate severity of situations when in the presence of others out of the way, praimfaya offers her skairipa a soft smile at his nod. trigedasleng, she thinks, isn't terribly complex for a language — but understandably, she's biased. it is close enough to common that the words themselves are easy to remember; and she was always a willing teacher to kru who did not speak it natively. she allows the small touch of his nose to her shoulder, glad that she has found camaraderie in him; glad that he joined her kru when she offered.

join me on the borders? she inquires with an inclination of her muzzle. i will teach you more words and phrases, if you'd like.