Haunted Wood I am more than meets the eye
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Private 
set to tomorrow morning. For @Black Hat

To say he was proud was an understatement.  His chin was high and walk calm and with a confident stride as the half a rabbit fell hung from his jaws, reeking of fresh healthy meat and blood. He hadn't eaten it immediately, he was young and stupid and immensely filled with pride over what was his first kill. He knew Minnow had helped him and had held his end of the deal, giving her a share and taking his share evenly. He gave himself extra points in the brains category for giving her the half with a head, leaving him with the end that held the most meat. As he stepped over the borders he slowed, becoming more watchful over how he looked and trying to get back to his den without being seen so he could eat in peace. He wanted to share it with Clay and Hela but he wanted to eat his piece first before trying to gain their loyalties. As he ducked under a low, pointy branch he heard a stick crack behind him and he slowed his step, listening intently and giving a low, sharp growl in case he was being approached as he set down the rabbit and began to turn.
3/10 mastery
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The aroma of fresh blood drew him out of the foggy depths with a drooling maw. Famished as he was, Black Hat wasn't quite at the point of shifting into a savage beast, so he had no plans of attacking the boy for his prize. He merely strode up to him with a glint of curiosity in his eye, appearing non-threatening as was possible for a creature like him. That only got so far.

Well well, aren't we proud of ourselves? At ease boy, I've no interest in your snack, He uttered through the amused grin pastered on his face. Was it your first kill?
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Despite the reassurance and the posturing, Valour did not fully believe that he was not in danger of losing his meal. Then again, it crossed his mind for a moment that if he fed himself that meant less work for the adults so after a moment of silently staring and hovering over his meal he relaxed. "Yes, I am" he stated without a hint of shame in his tone. At the second question he gave a single nod, confirming that it was indeed his first kill. "I wasn't alone, that's why there is only half" he was honest at least, though he felt that on some level it took away from what looked like a great kill.
3/10 mastery
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The boy positively beamed with vainglory. He chuckled. You weren't alone in the bison hunt either, but you did contribute… reckless as you were. I suppose this means you've yet to take something down by yourself. Pity. Black Hat wasn't intentionally aiming to shoot down the boy's pride, but hearing his opinion on one's accomplishments was basically guaranteed to achieve the same result; it was in his nature.

Who helped you? He asked next, apathetic about any potential bruised feelings.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour wasnt sure what the man was trying to get at. He knew he wasn't helpful during the bison hunt even though he had sank his teeth in once. He knew he could've died or been injured and become a liability. He now knew how hard the pack worked to keep him alive and teach him how to live. "its the closest I've come to learning to earn my keep" he stated warily unsure if any offense had been meant. At the second question he lowered his eyes "A girl named Minnow. I scared her away when Tzila was gonna have her come here" he stated this almost shamefully but then looked up with a stubborn glare "But she is a whiner. She is soft. She gives up easily" he said though he wasnt sure that was true anymore.
3/10 mastery
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Predictably, he got a little defensive at his remark, but Black Hat was unperturbed. Good, I'm eager to see you reach that destination, He said evenly and in earnest.

He tilted his head when the child said he scared the girl away. Why? Black Hat asked curtly, not tacking any presumptions onto the question. He wondered if the boy didn't want to subject such a fragile soul to their ruthless ranks out of pity, thinking back to how he saved Hela. The demeanor he described did sound like the polar opposite of the type that thrived in Nightwalkers. Whatever his reasoning, it was best she wasn't here — for her sake. He was reminded of Radar and how she appeared to dread every second in the pack, leading to her eventual escape. This girl would probably end up trying to do the same.
♚ JOIN CORONA
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He was apprehensive as Black Hat seemed to support his goal but it made logical sense, les work for the adults if he was able to feed himself. Slowly he relaxed until he was asked why he had done what he did and he remained silent, glowering at the male with a sort of thoughtful expression before he looked away "We had enough mouths to feed. I was hungry even when food wasn't this low. Another pup would've made stuff harder" he said this coldly and then released a slow, tense breath "She wouldn't have fit here anyway" he said shuffling awkwardly as he thought about Minnow and how she had been during their hunt. She had potential but he wouldn't say anything about that to Black Hat.
3/10 mastery
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
So he was capable of some forethought. Maybe Valour would turn out to be a useful asset to the pack. I agree, your decision was for the best. He seemed uncomfortable for some reason, like he wasn't giving him the full truth. But Black Hat couldn't be arsed to pry it from him, not finding the matter important enough.

Well, I won't bother you any longer. Keep practicing, we need as much help as we can get. With that, he took his leave.
♚ JOIN CORONA