Lost Creek Hollow A dark world aches for a splash of the sun
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 

He couldn't sleep. He had tried to but had only ended up wide awake and staring at the sky while his mind moved too quickly from one thought to another. Finally, he gave up and left his bed of dead grass and leaves and headed towards the borders. The thought of leaving had crossed his mind often since returning here without his dad, and he thought about it again as he trotted along the edge of the hollow. But the night was cold and all he could see in the distance was fog; it looked too eerie, and he was too afraid to be on his own. Plus, what would he even do? Where would he go? He paused and stared out at the fog until his eyes began to play tricks on him, forming strange shapes he knew couldn't actually be there; they still scared him a little, though, and a cold shiver ran down his spine, making him shake out his coat and quickly move on from where he had stopped. He thought a walk would help clear his mind, but it seemed to only be making him feel worse. He didn't really have much else to do, though, and the thought of trying to lie down again made anxiety spike in his chest. So he kept walking, hoping his brain would eventually give him some peace.
you're a bandit like me—eyes full of stars
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
this took an unexpected turn LMAO. tiny bit of pp, let me know if it's not okay
He can't decide how he feels about the fog. It's cold, and damp, and it puts a blurry white haze over everything — which probably means he shouldn't like it. But he does, a little bit. Enough that he finds himself idly trailing the borders late into the night, watching it curl around the trees.
He doesn't realize he'd been in a trance until something startles him out of it, slicing through his sense of peace like a cold knife. He pauses, listening to the rustling quietly until it becomes clear that it's coming from behind him. Agitated, he turns to find the source — only to halt a few steps later as he's confronted with the prettiest thing he's ever seen. You're gold, He blurts without thinking, ears burning immediately. Why did I say that? Desperate to distract from his first words, he continues more loudly, voice fast and high with nerves. Who are you?
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The odd comment pulled him from his sullen thoughts, and he paused, a shy smile tilting one side of his mouth. Um, yeah, I guess I am, Pheiros said softly. He wasn't sure what else to say to that. He began to walk again as the other boy spoke, stopping once he was standing in front of him. I'm Pheiros...I was there the day you joined...at the borders with Terance, he rambled a bit, feeling a little nervous that he had remembered Tiarnach from that day, even though he obviously hadn't been very memorable himself. He probably seemed like some kind of a weirdo now. In a hurry to change the subject, he then added: I was just patrolling...you can join if you want. Maybe more talking wasn't the best idea; it would just give him more opportunities to seem weird, but this was the first time in a while that he hadn't thought about his dad, and he was eager to continue being distracted.
you're a bandit like me—eyes full of stars
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
By the time Pheiros finishes speaking, his entire face feels as hot as his ears. He does remember him now, vaguely. The golden boy seems different here, somehow; luminous in the fog, drawing attention like moths to a flame, where before he'd only been a background character in Tony's own quest. Oh. Yeah. I guess I forgot... sorry, He mumbles, embarrassed. I'll patrol with you. He'd much rather sink into the ground and never come back right about now, but that's not an option, so he decides to try to salvage whatever he can of the situation instead.
159 Posts
Ooc — Hela
So he had forgotten. For some reason the boy's admittance of that made his own face heat in embarrassment. He couldn't really blame him, Tiarnach had been a little busy that day, and Pheiros had just been some dumb kid interrupting his reunion. Oh, it's okay, he said softly anyway, not wanting him to feel bad about it. You kind of had a lot going on. His tail wagged a little when Tiarnach agreed to walk with him, although his excitement was quickly replaced with a confusing nervousness. He didn't really understand why he was nervous; he didn't usually have a problem talking to others. Maybe his grief was affecting him in more ways than he realized. He started walking again, awkwardly saying nothing at first. So you were here once before? he finally asked but then immediately regretted his question. His reasons for leaving and coming back hadn't sounded pleasant from what he could remember of the conversation at the borders that day, but he had panicked and just blurted the first thing that came to mind. Sorry...you don't have to answer that, he quickly added.