Otter Creek remain until the end
All Welcome  November 06, 2019, 07:46 PM
Bhediya
Pledged
Uaine Gorsedd
@Maegi -- I was gonna backdate this for 11/03, unless that's a problem for your timeline!

The flatlands were only as uneventful as had been expected. Life had become a prized jewel, difficult to spot within the monotonous scenery. The famine had affected prey animals, yes, but it also seemed to be weeding out the weaker of the wolves. There was no way to cheat fate, but one might think to ask for mercy.

The journey westward continued after the meeting with the ivory fae. Bhediya, although her goal had been to move until she could move no longer, resigned to resting beside the creek. The moon was beginning a slow rise but daylight remained abundant. Soon, she would have to continue.

Don't forget love.
It will bring all the madness you need to unfurl yourself across the universe.
November 07, 2019, 09:14 AM
Maegi
Blackfeather Woods
Nona
not at all!

Mou had returned to the woods, especially during the day, and so she did the same. If they were to live in the forest once more, the borders must be bolstered again. The downed trees and general wreckage made her uneasy, though, and she found herself looking out much more than she looked in, as she walked along the edge of the territory.

It was nearing nightfall when she crossed the trickle of creek that led into the forest and paused, noticing a shadow upstream. The water was healthier there, flowing better, uninterrupted by fallen objects. She padded along the bank to find a tiny dark woman at rest—Coelacanth?

No, but quite like. It made her more willing to trust the stranger, and Maegi approached her, tail flagging. You looked like someone I know, she remarked, striving for a casualness she'd lost in the wake of so much grief. The words still were stilted—but they came easier, at least.

Current thread titles from "Every Single Night" by Fiona Apple
NaWO Progress (As of 11/9): 5,539/50,000 words
November 07, 2019, 10:40 AM
Bhediya
Pledged
Uaine Gorsedd
The sound of the stranger's approach roused Bhediya from her semi-conscious state. One green eye fell open after the other, lazily scanning the landscape. A blanchard, not unlike the others, stood nearby. You looked like someone I know, she mused, prompting Bhe to stand.

The ascetic spun around upon short legs to get a better view of her company. With a kind smile engulfing her maw, she replied, I hope that I didn't disappoint you too much. It seemed that age had given her the gift of universal familiarity, for which she was only somewhat grateful.

Don't forget love.
November 07, 2019, 11:46 AM
Maegi
Blackfeather Woods
Nona
She felt kind of embarrassed at the reply, wondering if she'd outwardly shown disappointment. Strange, if so—she'd been little more than a ghost lately, wandering the meadow. The Nona shook her head, trying to make the gesture as fervent as she could.

Of course not, Maegi replied. I'd be worried to see her here—she'd be far from home. She thought of Reed, then, and pondered whether the Corten would go looking for the lost seawolf. Jaes, she hoped Reed was safe, wherever she was, even if she was irate by her abrupt departure.

She cocked her head, trying to keep thoughts of her Undersea friends at bay. It did no good to ruminate on hypotheticals. Are you passing through? Where are you traveling? Despite the resemblance, this woman was not familiar to her.

November 07, 2019, 12:32 PM
Bhediya
Pledged
Uaine Gorsedd
A simple nod of the head was enough to communicate her understanding, or so Bhediya hoped. The Wilds were in complete disarray; wolves were either searching for those who'd been lost or trying to protect the ones that they still had. Bhe mourned along with the former.

I was planning to keep going west, Bhediya replied, but I have someone waiting for me in the east. I'm trying to figure it all out. That was it, she supposed. Presumably, the stranger was smart enough to have aligned herself with a pack for the rest of the season. What about you?

Don't forget love.
November 07, 2019, 10:57 PM
Maegi
Blackfeather Woods
Nona
Maegi nodded, not even trying to make sense of directions at the current moment. At least this woman did not find herself alone in calamitous times. I live in the forest, she replied, tipping her chin in illustration toward the trees behind her. My family has made that their home for many seasons, and damned if there wasn't some pride in her voice, just then.

I'm Maegi, she continued, feeling well enough with the interaction to introduce herself. The dark she-wolf didn't seem like a threat to her or Blackfeather. Perhaps there was something they both could gain, here. I hope that the earth's shaking hasn't affected you too terribly, the Melonii said, fervency sharpening the edges of her words.

November 08, 2019, 07:40 AM
Bhediya
Pledged
Uaine Gorsedd
Their eyes trailed back to the same expanse of land. Bhediya listened to Maegi's words carefully, nodding her head as the other went along. A twinge of anxiety pulled at her ears but she fought to keep her composure. It's good to have a legacy. Something to pass on. 

I didn't arrive until after the worst of it, Bhediya sighed, wondering how much devastation she'd been able to miss. If Maegi's roots ran as deep into the Wilds as was claimed, she wondered how much pain she'd been forced to face.

Don't forget love.