Witch's Marsh just like a star across my sky
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
The marsh offered protection to their growing group, but at what cost? The muddy terrain was easily caught on fur, thoroughly chilling those passing through. It would only become more dangerous as winter continued its approach. 

Evening was beginning to settle over the Wilds. The sky, although difficult to spot through the thick canopy, held a lovely arrangement of stars. Bhediya wondered who else might be enjoying the same view.
435 Posts
Ooc — Me
Sarah was not admiring the view of the stars, but was scouting around Ibis's claim. She did not like it and it was not because her feet were constantly wet, but, while her body was still battling fiercely against the infection, she tended to tire easily and on few occasions had passed out, without noticing it. The she-wolf did not know the exact number of the times she awoke suddenly somewhere without any idea, how she had got to sleep in the first place, but, when one of those times were out of the sheer instinct of ridding airways of water that was seeping inside her nose, Sarah knew for sure - if she was to stay with Ibis, changing the location was an absolute must.

She had also wondered, who that "nice woman" the girl had mentioned was and, when she finally found someone else in this watery mess, she approached the stranger without hesitation. Her regal and stealthy entry was interrupted by a violent fit of coughing, therefore, when she had regained control over herself, she greeted the dark wolf much more humbly and politely than she would have, if being healthy. "Evening," she said. "You must be one of Ibis's comrades?" Doing a polite small-talk had never been Sarah's forte. It was way easier to simply attack suspicious strangers after the gruff greeting of "what the F are you doing here???"
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The stranger stood not far off from where Bhediya sat. Are you okay? she asked. Herbalism had never been one of her skills, despite her lifelong affinity for flora. Nonetheless, she was sure that there was some way for her to help, should the woman ask.

Bhediya smiled. I am, she replied, Are you? It seemed that Ibis was managing to corral more wolves everyday. The effort reminded her of Grayday and the effort that he'd put into founding Morningside. Soon, their group would grow to be nearly as big, if not bigger! I'm Bhediya, she continued, hoping that the stranger would reciprocate the introduction.

435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Just a bit under the weather," Sarah lied, but did not attempt to hide it much from Bhediya. It was obvious that she was ill to anyone, who had a pair of functioning eyes and the only solace to her wounded pride (who would have thought that anyone would beat up Sarah so badly in her glory days) was not openly whining about, how bad her life was. 

"Not really, but I am her aunt," so, technically she was just as good as any person the girl had collected here. Better even, because she was related to the girl directly, and had met her few times prior. "I am Sarah - I came to visit her," she added quickly. Introductions did not came easy to her, she often forgot to tell her own name, always focused more on more important subjects. To put it simply - in Sarah's opinion - names did not define people. Their intentions and actions did.

"How long have you been here?" she asked to help the conversation along. Another skill she had to work on, but for Ibis's sake she was ready to try.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The discussion of Sarah's illness quickly ended. Instead of pushing for more information, Bhediya decided that it was none of her concern. Should they become packmates, she might find herself more interested. The group couldn't afford to house a potentially contagious disease along with the incoming stress of winter. Bhediya decided that if it came down to it, she would be willing to try and help, at the very least.

It took the ascetic by surprise to learn that this was more than just a passerby. Vagrants seemed to be bountiful, even during the famine, but Sarah claimed to be travelling with a purpose. Just to visit? Bhediya asked. It seemed that most of Ibis's family was dead or disappeared; for the girl's sake, she hoped Sarah would stay. I've only been here a little while.

435 Posts
Ooc — Me
"We'll see," Sarah did not want to dwell on the subject too much. Ibis needed help and guidance, that much was very obvious. Would any of the people fill that role, she did not know yet and had therefore set out to find out. At least - that's, what she told herself. In reality, she simply screening the packmates and have that good solid reason, why she should leave the hollow and join Terance's daughter here. 

"Where are you from originally?" Sarah asked next and was actually glad that she had come up with this question.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
I come from the South, Bhediya replied. Succinct replies saved the trouble of going into detail about unnecessary and somewhat private experiences, like her time at Morningside. Should Sarah choose to stay, the ascetic saw no reason why they couldn't one day indulge in the past.

Bhediya fell back onto her hindquarters and placed her weight on her forelegs; a casual lounge, one might say. What about you? Having family meant that she'd probably been here for a while, but that didn't have to be the case. While she waited for a reply, Bhe turned momentarily back up to the sky.

editing in an exit (11/19)

A star shot clear across the sky, rising in the west and falling in the east. It was as though the gods themselves were pulling her to her next destination, likely in some unexplored corner of the marsh. An aplogetic flush fell over Bhediya's face. I, uh.., she stammered, I've got to go. We can continue this some other time, right? She flashed a winning smile as she stood, quickly making off after the shooting star.