Sheepeater Cliff I gave her thirty bucks that I had socked away
Everything lies within Emotion
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Private 
For @Connor :) Takes place after her thread with Hua

Somehow, the pair had gotten turned around. She had followed the river, as she'd been doing for the past few days - but there! She spotted it, a creature of beastly proportions, a limp in its step and a trail of crimson shadowing its every move. She pursued, following an ancient instinct ingrained in her core. Loinnir knew of her intentions - salivating at the very thought of such a meal - not Lumiya, the ever Dedicated. Too focused was she upon snagging its life, not yet enjoying fantasies about idealistic results.

In the cloud of adrenaline, the young girl had only eye for her prey - the rest of her surroundings were lost to her. The only peepers searching the horizon were those of Loinnir, perched 'pun her cloak of woodsmoke.
Big Man, Walking In The Park
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor had been wandering the land of Teekon, but not too far from Kaistleoki, he had to keep somewhat close just in case if Ira or the pack needed him. The titan would stay true to his values of loyalty but something empty deep down in the man's soul, something that was calling him. He shook the thought off and put it in the back of his mind as he traveled up the side of the cliff with careful paw steps. Who knows, he might be able to get a good look at the previous territory that his pack ruled, he wasn't exactly going there, but he didn't exactly wait for the scouting party either. Connor's coal tipped paws guided him further up till he could get to a point where he could securely position himself to look over the horizon.

The cinnamon male's emerald gaze swept the area as his muscular body turned to look down from the cliff. He heaved a sigh with his nostrils expanding which allowed him to breathe in the scent of another. Connor's eyes turned into curiosity as he swung his head around with his nose twitching. The muscular man followed his nose as he carefully crept around for he didn't want to make a rooky mistake and misplace his paw. Connor made his way to a blind corner but didn't walk past it, instead, he leaned his head forward with his large ears twitching.

There was a wolf on these cliffs, but it didn't cross his mind that he wandered into pack territory, he did that often.

Connor was going to call out to her but he caught himself with his eyes making note of her position, she looked busy. The man would think to turn away to leave her to her business but he lingered, he wanted to see what she was doing, but it was obvious that she was hunting. He didn't make a peep so he continued to eye her with curiosity filling his orbs.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nearly half an hour into her stalking did the beast collapse 'pon the cliffs. The rookie hunter knew it had scented her, and despite this it had given up. She halted just a moment, teeth finding lips in anticipation and guilt. She needed this meal, too long had she survived on scraps alone - her journey leaving little time to establish a clan. Too many times had her emotions led her to a path where she would suffer and no one would prosper. The beast was dead the moment it had gotten the slash 'cross its belly and the limp in its step - to end its life now was a mercy, not a sin.

That is how she justified her creep along the escarpment, her approach careful in nature yet her gaze one of lust. The beast looked 'pon her features, its beady eyes drilling into her soul. It knew it was dead, therefore the look it gave her was not one pleading for life but for a painless end. You can rest now. She told, voice soft and filled with quivers. The teeth that had been biting her lips found their way 'round its neck and that really was the least of it.

Loinnir hooted, a mellow sound but one that demanded her attention. Crimson now painted her lips, dripping down her delicate features and mixing with her silver chalice fur. If yesterday she resembled an angel, perhaps today one could say she looked more ghoulish. Her mismatched gaze found the emerald gleam of a man draped in mahogany, wearing a sable saddle lined with frost. Her gaze inviting, she chirped; Are you hungry? I'm afraid there is too much for just the two of us.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The man seemed like he was waiting for what felt like hours for her to make a move, so then why did he stay? Was it to make sure that she didn't fall? He wasn't too sure himself, but what he did know was that mountain hunting was dangerous and one wrong move could mean the end. But, the girl was patient, she was patient with her prey which was one strategy, even he knew that, but sometimes that strategy could fail, most of the time it did. Yet to his surprise, the animal could sense the presence of the woman and it seemingly gave up, and this only made Connor blink with shock and bewilderment. The lone wolf had seen this has her chance and didn't hesitate to take its life, but there was something that caught Connor off guard.

She killed the beast with mercy.

It was like the titan had stumbled across a unicorn, he had barely seen wolves who give their prey mercy kills in a respectful way as if she was giving thanks to the animal for letting her take its life. His emerald eyes watched with interest as her jaws began to feast on her kill with the crimson blood staining her jaws. Connor didn't feel anything, not hunger nor drool, he was like a child glued to a tv screen until he was snapped out of his hallucination for the woman had addressed him. Connor shook his head to get his mind dilated back into the world that he was living in, the girl had asked if he wanted some to share.

The muscular man raised his brow for he was quite puzzled, he had only just laid his eyes on her and she is already offering her kill to him? Let me be surprised I guess... But he knew deep down that he couldn't do it, so he returned to her with a slight shake of his head with his muzzle slightly tipped down. Connor then emerged from the corner to reveal his whole body in all of its glory, he then looked at her with polite admiration in his gaze. "No thank you," he lifted his chin back to an even level as he smiled at her, "I was just surprised that you had that much patience to hunt your prey," he complimented her.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Never before, she thought, had one stalked her the same she'd done to prey out of interest. Her past had been filled with judgement and beliefs she was lesser than those 'round her - she did not agree with those claims, but it made believing in her own person a little harder. So far, the cruelest had been the ones who'd been claiming they were unsurpassable - that they were per excellence, and if that defined greatness she wanted no part of it.

Questions lingered on her tongue, but she was too gleeful to have company 'pon this lone, winter day. She felt peccant 'pon thinking it, for a companion lingered near at every moment; Loinnir had not left her side since she'd come across him, but he was not great at conversation. She used him more to free herself of thoughts, though his earnest looks did give her the belief he was listening to every word that left her lips. This male was much the same - older, wiser most likely. He towered over her, yet she felt untroubled. His mannerisms seemed to stem from a place of consideration and benevolence, even as he refused the gift she offered him.

I was afraid - that I'd scare it into a tumbling. Her expression turned bashful, ashen ears draping like a cloak 'ver her scalp. It was apparent she was not used to compliments. Loinnir hooted once more before hopping off her back, pecking at the carcass impatiently with his back turned towards their follower. His wings were spread wide to protect their riches, yet leaving much of it exposed still. The sprite chuckled at this display of dominance from such a teeny bird.

I'm Lumiya - this impertinent creature is Loinnir. She usually never felt this giddy, it made her serene voice crack with chuckles now and again. Her mismatched gaze then grew expectant, hoping to get a name in return.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
The woman began to express her thoughts on his compliment by explaining that she didn't want the creature to tumble down the mountain. Connor could get behind that idea, he was always told to respect those who think differently than you, but he always believed in mercy, even when killing for your meal. The experienced mountain man thought that hunting was for survival and not much for the sport, and unfortunately, there were many who wouldn't respect the laws of nature. The titan raised his brows for he observed that the woman wasn't used to compliments just by telling by her body language which gave him more concern than curiosity.

What snapped him out of these thoughts was the sudden hooting of the familiar sound of an owl which he snapped his attention to the bird leaping off of the woman and landing on the prey. The great bird spread his wings in dominance to protect the kill, but Connor was more confused than amused, he slides his head to the girl with a bewildered expression as she introduced herself. "I uh, I'm Connor" he spluttered, trying to get the words out, he has heard of the befriendment of other animals but he had never seen it in practice.

Until now.

"Sorry for my surprise but I just have never seen a symbiotic relationship between a bird and a wolf," he chuckled with amazement with his eyes filling with wonder as he stared at the owl a bit longer. Connor looked at the girl with an amused expression, "You two from around here?"
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The nymph had grown up with a mother who was accompanied by a raven; perhaps it was in her genes to create such bonds with their feathered friends as well. She'd never thought of it as odd as she believed in harmony the way others believed in dawn and dusk. It had become second nature for the painted lady, but it became apparent that not everyone saw the world through her eyes. Was her view that unique? Is that why she'd been abandoned?

Conner was the name given - she stored it in a compartment in the back of her mind, not minding his spluttering nor his surprise. No need to apologize. She commented with a saccharine smile, but Loinnir was having none of it. He vocalized his impatience, chirping low mumblings. He'd never acted in such a way before, perhaps he saw the large male as a threat. Lumi appreciated his concern, but was perfectly capable of caring for her own - the bird must've forgotten that he owed his life to her, not the other way around. That is what she truly thought, but her lips were sealed, for such things shouldn't be said aloud.

Not exactly - we're wanderers. She answered his question with enthusiasm. I came across him on my journey through the mountains - though he will not admit it; I saved his life. She felt good not belonging somewhere. After moons of trying her very best to fit in, she now held the world in her soft grip. She could go wherever she wanted, trotting where others might not dare. And you, sir? You smell of crowd, do they live nearby?
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
He should have predicted that she would politely say that he didn't need to apologize, perhaps he says sorry too much, perhaps he hides his cheeky nature too much. But her companion didn't think so, the bird objected to his presence by being quite vocal about it and protested with squawks, but Connor didn't understand so he looked at the creature with raised brows and unphased blinking. The titan was relaxed, he had to be because if he was tense in any way he would seem threatening and the bird would be justified for its alarm.

Lumiya answered his question by stating that they were wonderers which were common so he wasn't surprised, he just casually looked at the pair with interest. The woman explained the origin of how she and her companion met by stating that she saved its life to which Connor thought it was Nobel in her intentions. "How honorable of you to save his life," the cinnamon man smiled and looked back at the bird with the same grin. 

The girl commented on his scent that he smelled like he had been around a bunch of wolves, he nodded to her, "yep! From a place called Kaistleoki, just down the slopes." Connor swayed his head towards the direction of Kaistleoki with the wind brushing the scent towards his nostrils. The man moved his head back to look at the girl, "we are in a temporary home at the moment but we plan to move back to the old territory soon," his tone was surprisingly mournful and his expression morphed into slight sadness.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Honor, something the girl did not realize she possessed. She acted not because of others, but a force she felt within, propelling her down a path of nobility and selflessness. Doing the right thing, expressing yourself through more than words, was one of the few thing that could liberate their kind from endless suffering. She didn't understand those who fought and cried, those who killed - died, but she understood herself. She knew of her flaws, knew her rules and knew the nature around her - like Faerie Queen.

Mercy bears richer fruits. She commented, speaking her truth. If she'd left Loinnir 'pon the mountain to pass, she would not have gained such a wondrous travel companion - just like with their slain beast 'pon these cliffs, if they'd not ended it they wouldn't have gotten the meal they were in need of. There was no lesser evil, just the more righteous - using that excuse meant one hadn't thought about their options more thoroughly, a mental block usually caused by pride. However, could she fault those with pride for having it — beat herself down for not possessing it?

She followed his gaze to the Flatlands down below. Even from here, the wilds seemed so vast. I see... She mused, frowning ever so slightly due to the somber tone in which he spoke his next words. It must be wonderful there - if you long for it so dearly, — tell me, what draws you to that place?
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor smiled as a reply for when she said that "mercy bears richer fruits," he was glad he found someone who would share the same mindset as him, but he did wonder, would she fight if she had no other choice? The titan didn't bother to prompt that question to her so he kept it at the back of his mind. The woman then asked what drew him to the pack where he resided now, the man pried his lips open to speak but nothing came out. He closed his jaws and looked at his paws as he was in deep thought, what did draw him to Kaistleoki? He couldn't answer it right away as his eye darted from side to side and he puckered up his bottom lip as he continued to try and find the answer for himself.

Aristos was a failure, Rhaella ran away with Deagon, Lokie left to reunite with his family and Rosencrantz left bitter and alone. Connor sighed and looked at the woman with a casual expression, "I guess I just wanted to find purpose," he shrugged for it was as honest as he could get. "I came here to be someone, and maybe start something," he continued with his orbs filled with honesty, but there was the hidden emotion of feeling lost in his glance.
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Even if the little fae wanted to fight, there was little chance of her beating anyone. She had a mean bite like any other wolf, excepting the ones lacking teeth, but her physical strength was very much lacking. Her light frame required little effort to move around, so she was a good dancer and small game hunter instead with a mind like no other.

She frowned again. Aren't we all? Was her sweetened response, said in an empathetic tone. So very few of us know what we're meant to be doing, I've found it better to leave it up to fate — I do as I please and see where I land. Though this trick didn't work for everyone as lost as the copper male and the little fae.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor's ear twitched at her response and tone of voice as his eyes slid over to her and looked at the woman with a hint of wonder in his gaze. The girl continued to speak her peace about what she has been doing and he found her philosophy quite true and appealing. A small smile formed on his large face, "ain't that the truth," he chuckled and swung his head towards the flatlands that he loomed above.

"So where do you plan to go now?" He once again looked at her with a curious tilted head, for the first time in a good long while he felt a connection, perhaps it was his longing for another traveling partner like Lokie. But the titan knew he couldn't be impulsive, he was so keen on making friends with other and keeping relationships that it would perhaps cloud his judgment. 
483 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
'doing as you please', in the wrong mind, meant lazing about or going against nature, both of which Lumiya wasn't planning on doing. She meant it more in the sense that, she would act on her ideas of righteousness and go after her dreams and ambitions instead of letting them pass by. The russet male luckily knew what she meant and she smiled as he mused about it.

East - 'ver the mountains and into the Taiga. She answered with a small sweep of her muzzle, a gesture to the mountains she was planning on conquering. She glanced to the carcass again then, deciding it really was too much for the two of them. Feel free to send someone for the collection of this meal once we're gone - I'd hate for it to go to waste. To this Loinnir stuck up his beak, offended that his caretaker thought he could not finish the entire beast on his own.
198 Posts
Ooc — Kaiju
Ranger
Connor tracked the woman and watched her eyes, he listened as she spoke of where she came from. He followed where her muzzle gestured and blinked with wonder, oh how he would love to sweep the area and smell the scents of new for he hadn't traveled that area. The titan felt like he was in a trance and almost didn't hear her words about the carcass so he snapped his head to where she was looking and had to recalibrate his mind. He blinked at the dead body as she spoke and her feathery friend seemed annoyed at this by him thrusting up his beak as though he was offended.

The large man looked at them both with amusement, but he knew he couldn't stay and chat with the woman as much as he wanted to. He gave her a smile and sighed, "well I must tend back to my duties, it was really nice meeting you," he gave the two a curt nod and turned his body back to the direction of Kaistleoki as if he was being led by a lead. However, something lingered in his heart and he just couldn't ignore it, so he stopped in his tracks and looked at the woman with a bit of pleading in his emerald orbs and a curious tilted head.

"Will I see you again sometime?"