Fox's Glade chances
31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
All Welcome 

Grimsley looked toward the mountain peaks in the distance, a serious expression written on his features. It seemed his eyes were always cast toward the mountains. If he had left his home to come here, he scolded himself vaguely, then he should embrace the difference. At the very least, he could see what else there was aside from rock. Which was ironic, in a way, because he sat upon a boulder in the middle of the field, his belly filled with cool water from the quiet stream.

It was peaceful, cold sun turning the dying grass a soft shade of brown. He let his eyes shift downward to look around himself from his elevated position, mind quietly tittering away as he mulled over his next move in these new lands. He had no direction and it was both liberating and very irritating.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
There was enough time for a detour before Bhediya would be expected back. The scouting profession that she'd (somewhat involuntarily) picked up had come to be enjoyable, feeling more like a hobby than a set of tasks. As she wandered into the Foxlands, she wondered why she hadn't started scouting earlier.

The foul stench of fox markings wafted into Bhediya's nose immediately after entering. Blech! she voiced. It took a moment to adjust, but the odor eventually became unnoticeable. Atop a boulder near to where she stood sat a pensive body, likely not interested in company. Bhediya didn't mind, though; she gave a soft chirp and waited for a reply.

31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
Grimsley's ear twitched back and his head soon followed as he heard the sound of disgust somewhere near his perch. His crimson eyes alighted on the small, curly coated figure below him - his forced perspective shrinking her even further. He heart squeezed even before she gave a most unusual and - goddamnit - cute sound he'd ever heard another wolf make. He had never seen anything like her - she was a far cry from his bloodline and it's followers. She was unusual and pretty, too. A toothy, bright grin split his face as he looked down at her and shuffled on his perch to face her better.

"You are the most adorable thing I have ever seen." He told her bluntly, more sincerely than she could probably tell. He looked again, seeing a curly coat and a confident aura about her. She was so different, and his mind didn't even register the idea that she may have been part dog. Even if he had come to that conclusion, he would not have cared in that moment.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Adorable? Bhediya echoed. A smile broke across her maw. I, uh.. thank you. While clearly a statement, the words were posed as a question. This was one of the many times that she'd managed to forget her dimunitive size.

It would be rude to not return the compliment, Bhediya thought. You're a very handsome stranger. Likely too young, she thought. The worst thing about growing in age was the hit taken by one's dating pool. What are you doing here in the Foxlands?

31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
"Adorable?"

"Adorable." He parroted, getting to his feet and making his way down from the boulder. It was panther like, fluid, but he was being more careful than his outward appearance betrayed. He was sure-footed by nature, but he was not keen to stumble and fall on his face in front of the little female. As he came to rest all four feet on the ground, he was delighted to note that he still towered over her. There was no contest in musculature, either - though he was still filling out.

"You're very welcome. You are truly very cute." He almost felt like gushing. Was he smitten or was it simply the shock of seeing something so seemingly delicate and unique? He wasn't sure but it was time to reign in it. He didn’t want to be creepy. She returned his compliments and he acknowledged them with a simple smile and a nod. He was aware of what he looked like - the point was her. He understood it was simple politeness and he appreciated the gesture.

"I am looking at the mountains and...well...trying not to look at them." He chuckled. "I come from mountains, you see, and I think I should try something else but -" he shrugged, a gentle roll of his shoulders, and fixed her with another toothy grin and a look of bright, meaningful attention. "I like what I like."
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
There was no shortage of suitors in the Wilds. The years had passed since her peak; she wondered how many men she might have had were it not for her family at Morningside. It was a foul thought. Bhediya whisked it away almost as quickly as it appeared.

The mountains do have their appeal, she replied with an affirming nod, but I understand wanting to leave. The South would forever be her home, but Bhediya had long since resigned to life in the North. Is this your first stop outside of the range?

31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
He looked at her a moment longer with intense interest before he settled himself and tempered his attentions. "They do - they are where my heart sings." He said quietly, casting his eyes pack to the ridge in the distance. "If I could be so poetic." He flashed a smile at her again.

"Is this your first stop outside of the range?"

He nodded. "Yes. I went through those mountains and the ones behind them, too. They are quite broken - I assume that was a recent occurrence?" He had seen the upturned boulders that had earth lines suggesting that they had been buried not long before. And, of course, there was the deeply concerning cloud that hung over the other peak. He hadn't been there.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The effects of the quakes continued to reign over the Wilds. A slow nod affirmed his assumption. I wasn't here when it happened. The worst of it was over by the time Bhediya reappeared. It was by the grace of the gods, she thought.

There was no clear path for the conversation. Talking about the recent devastation and the current famine would have put a damper on the mood, but brushing past it would've felt too inauthentic. For the sake of moving forward, she said, I'm Bhediya. You?

"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
She had left again. Pygmalion didn't like when she left. He wished she could just stay, stay in the Emberwood, but no, her heart wandered. Her paws wandered.

This time, she was back within the glade where they'd first met, and to his surprise (and a bit of outrage) Pyg saw a big, strangely marked man way too close to her, and. . .

Cute. Adorable. He couldn't stand it a moment longer. 

Bhediya! he exclaimed, coming noisily through the brush to stand at her side. He gave the unfamiliar guy a once-over with dark eyes before turning to her, smiling as he asked, Who's your friend?
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
She nodded. So, the land had seen some uncharacteristic devastation. "Ah." Was all he said when she told him that she had not been here and so could offer no more insight. That was fine - he didn't need the fine details. The knowledge that whatever had happened was over was enough for him. He could navigate the fallout just fine, although he wondered briefly how the packs had handled the shakedown.

He turned back to her, ruby eyes alight, when she offered her name. "Lovely." He said to her and he meant it. His jaws parted for him to reply when the loud, noisy male burst into the middle of their humble encounter. A white slab of fur who greeted the smaller female as if he hadn't seen her in ages...Grimsley would bet it had been hours or days at best. This was a game that he understood, though he rarely had to play.

"Grimsley." He answered, his eyes on Bhediya, another smile on his lips. This was one was warm, and his attention lingered on her a moment longer before shifting to their new...friend. His expression chilled considerably as he cocked his head a bit, looking the white male up and down. "What are you called?"

Other than 'irritating', of course.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The ego of a man was something that Bhediya would never understand. She sat discontented with her eyebrow furrowed and lips pulled taut. Grimsley had obviously attempted to check Pygmalion, who'd entered with his characteristic.. enthusiasm only a moment before. Her annoyance was apparent.

This is Pygmalion, she answered. Bhediya hoped to intercept their conversation before the posturing began. We're packmates. It was unsettling to find Pyg hiding around every corner, but she was slowly getting used to it. The flattery of being found worth following seemed to overpower her instinct to escape.

Previously, they'd been discussing the devastation of the Wilds. It wasn't the most pleasant topic, but Bhe much preferred it over this. There's one pack forming in the mountain range. It isn't far from here, actually.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He had too many brothers to not recognize what Grimsley was doing. His smile didn't fade; rather, it grew, beaming in tandem with his eyes. His mouth opened to introduce himself before Bhediya did it for him, and he shifted his gaze toward her before returning it to the man.

Pleasure to make yer acquaintance, Grimsley, Pygmalion replied, burred tongue drawing out the name and its syllables. Aye, I'm sure they could use another paw. 'Course, we could, too.

Pyg glanced at Bhediya in query. Have ye kent each other long, then, or am I interrupting a beautiful introduction? he asked, more cheerful than sarcastic—although a good dollop of the latter simmered under each word. He really ought to keep watch on this guy. He didn't like the look of him (nor how he looked at Bhediya) one bit.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
@Pygmalion @Bhediya - sorry for my absence! I am back, now.

He felt the irritation from the lovely, curly lady and he flashed her an apologetic glance. One may have assumed it to be atonement for his earlier posturing, but one would have been mistaken. The apology, if there was a genuine one to be had, was for actions to come - not those that had already passed. Bhediya was not someone that Grimsley would pursue normally and he had no interest in doing so because Pygmalion was here, either. She simply did not fit with what he was seeking but her white knight did not know that and Grimsley was keen to play this game that came so rarely to him. He was having fun, though a genuine bit of irritation did flicker just under the surface.

He nodded to the white male as he spoke his pleasure at their meeting, chewing on every syllable in his name. He was sure Pygmalion was simply...charmed. He flashed him a wide, toothy smile. Though both he and Bhediya spoke of the pack setting up in the mountains - and he would, truly. check them out - it was Pygmalion's admission that their own pack could use him that Grim keyed in on. "Perhaps I will pay the mountain pack a visit, although -" he looked warmly at Bhediya. "Maybe that won’t be necessary."

Pyg spoke again to the curly woman and Grimsley shifted ever slightly closer to her, his eyes alight. "A beautiful introduction. Perhaps we could even move beyond that. You are...very lovely, Bhediya. Please forgive me for saying so, so boldly." He doubted Pygmailon had a bold enough bone in his body.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
bye boys!

grimsley stepped forward and bhediya stepped back. each layer of guard hairs raised in succession, though she remained silent. the situation was becoming increasingly uncomfortable, so bhe announced, i'm going to excuse myself. 

at this point, she'd made it halfway around to pygmalion's hindquarters, positioning herself as if to use him as a shield. his behavior was equally displeasing, though their relationship was established enough to trust him. pygmalion, grimsley, the scout said with a nod before turning back toward the territory.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Grimsley's advance obviously made Bhediya uncomfortable, which raised the hairs along his spine. He felt a growl simmer unconsciously in his throat at the words the man offered and forced himself to stay calm, to be the bigger person. At least while she was here.

But her presence, it seemed, wouldn't last long, and he gave her a silent nod paired with a grimace. Pyg looked at her retreating figure for a short while, and then turned back to the remaining wolf. He would follow Bhediya, but at a distance, and taking a different way home.

She mustn't know the depths of his obsession.

Get tae fuck, ye dobber, Pygmalion remarked to Grimsley, eyes flashing with chocolate-hued heat. Aye? Without another word, he headed off into the grove, shoulders stiff and ears canted backward should the rival male attack him from behind.
31 Posts
Ooc — Sharp
I think that's a wrap - thanks for the thread, guys!

Grimsley would be lying if he had said he was completely unaffected by Bhediya's sudden retreat. His lips twitched downward, as if to frown, for just a moment before he regained himself. He saw her off with a small nod - he was sure she didn't want to hear from him, anymore - and turned back to Pygmalion, shit-eating grin plastered to his face. 

The male spat something at Grim and the big brute cocked his head curiously, an eyebrow raised. He watched the white wolf retreat and snickered - making sure he was loud enough to be heard. "I have no idea what you said but ta-ta, loverboy." He said to the retreating figure.

With that, Grimsley turned and scanned the distance before heading off in the vague direction of distant mountains.