Emberwood I realize your laugh is the best sound.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
@Awol or @Reiko or any other UG!

After her friends scattered back to their duties, Ibis took some time to herself. She wasn't sure what to do with her time really, wanting to explore the forest, hunt for the pack stores, visit the marsh and look for signs of her brother—there was so much she should've been doing, and a lot on her mind. In the end she trailed away from the meeting place and deeper in to the Emberwood. It was a beautiful place, she thought. Beautiful in its own way, and very different from where she'd been living the past few months; it would become a home to all of them and in the spring, if things were favourable, the pack could re-evaluate.

The pack.

When had this mess of strangers become so dear to her? As Ibis pranced among a cluster of birch trees, she watched the yellow leaves tremble at the slightest touch of a breeze. Her mind was heavy, but she was happy. 'Mum, if only you were here to see all of this.' The girl mentally projected the thought in to the universe, hoping somehow that her mother, wherever she was, could hear her. With a little sigh drifting from her like a tiny cloud of smoke, Ibis' attention dropped from the boughs overhead and she began to wander again.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Thought we'd make it offical Awol is following around Ibis IC while were doing this! Also, making the assumption Awol forgot to tell Ibis that he was following her to the wood, I can edit if you want!

[Image: asjyQTV.jpg]

The young man skirted through the orange and yellow leaf piles the dressed the forest floor. He was elated. It had been suck a long time since he had been in real forest, the trunks of towering oaks that claimed the land's fertile soil underneath, the sharp and untamed grass and plants, pricking his nose as he made his way through. Awol had come form the marsh to investigate the forest Ibis had spoken about, as he had forgotten to tell the woman he wanted to stay by her side. Without her brother, Ibis was not only lonely, but unprotected. Awol admired her for her kindness and inner strength, and he wanted her to safe at all times. To assist was his goal for now. 

Deep down, he hoped for a private conversation with his friend, about the possibly forming pack and scouting lessons. It was only as he organized his thoughts hat he caught her padding through the scene. "Ibis!" he had called for her immediately, and trotted diligently to her side.
place holder
[Image: ezgif-7-849c01d20f4e.gif]
common & german 
currently without memories, has a huge head scar of a four pointed star
on left side of head and one lip scar under left eye.

❛i'm an ungodly man, so i'll take the chance.❛
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She did not get far before a familiar voice pierced the air, and she paused. Awol's multifaceted coat stood out against the reds and golds of the forest. She smiled as she saw him, her tail raised slightly and wagging at her hocks; this boy had been one of the first to pledge themselves and for that she was grateful. More importantly the girl wondered how he would fare with the move—it wasn't too far from the marsh, and would serve as a good base of operations for all of his scouting needs.

He had been very helpful at the meeting too, personable, voicing himself without fear. He would make a fine scout one day, she thought. Which also reminded her, she wanted to alert her father of the pack's growth and the transition from one territory to another. How lucky she was to have run in to someone perfectly suited to the job!

I didn't notice you were following me! You're very stealthy. That should be useful for your scouting. She commended as she closed the small distance between the two of them, and gave him a friendly boop of her nose against his shoulder. Did you need something?
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away

As Awol neared the female, her face once again shone and her tail slightly wagged her tail. A satisfied rumble entered his throat as the female nosed his shoulder affectionately. He had been never bene shown even a simple nod of the nead as greeting at home, so when ibis preformed this, the young boy nuzzled her forehead in return.

"I didn't notice you were following me! You're very stealthy. That should be useful for your scouting."

Awol thankfully nodded at her praise, as he slightly wagged his tail. It was then when he'd realized, Ibis was the very first real friend he had ever made in the wilds. She was not the same as the kind yet dismissive patriarch of Easthollow, or as crude and angry as the white male he had met in the meadows.

"Did you need something?"

Awol mentally checked himself and brought up again his posture, which was becoming a default everytime he talked. "I wanted to scout the wood with you, and ask some questions about the pack and perhaps scouting. To be honest, I didn't want you to be alone. Especially with your brother still gone and all."

The young man knew it was touchy subject for his friend, but he had to tell the truth. He had pledged his allegiance and friendship to Ibis, and was determined to see it through. He was not one to break promises. "If there is anyhting you need, you can tell me," he said. "We're friends after all, right?"
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It wasn't surprising that Awol wanted to help her. He was a kind sort of fellow, and seemed to take his duties seriously. If he hadn't been so devoted to becoming a scout then he would have made a fine counsellor, she thought; always eager to help those of the wood, and especially herself. These were the kinds of people Ibis had grown up around and she hoped the the Emberwood would facilitate the same sort of culture that Elysium once carried; they would not be a sanctuary like the Willows, but that didn't stop them from being kind and compassionate to those that might need them.

She was glad for the company. He expressed the desire to hang around her so that she wouldn't be lonely, and Ibis laughed softly. I don't think it's possible to be lonely anymore, what with all these friends. But I appreciate it. I'd love to walk with you. Together they could investigate the woods and find the best routes for patrols, or the best spots to one day allocate as caches, and whatnot. It was a lot of work for one person.

His comment about Okeanos stung a little but, it did not show on her face. Ibis was gradually learning how to control her emotions. She still felt them keenly, sometimes so strongly that she'd have to hide away to feel them in private, but.. For now, all was well. We're friends after all, right? Awol queried after his offer was made, and Ibis nodded, stating emphatically: Of course we are friends! And thank you, I appreciate the offer.

She booped him again and then began to prance away, but not so fast that he couldn't catch up and walk alongside her if he wanted to. As she went she took a long, deep breath. The air was so crisp here, so clean! How long before the acrid stench of the marsh mud would be gone from her - and would she notice? As she exhaled her breath she sighed, So, what sort of questions?
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away

"So, what sort of questions?"

"Mostly about how you plan to organize the ranks, finding a proper camp, establishing borders and aliiances, I was always at the thought of hunting and scouting patrols, it makes us seem organized and well managed, rather than whoever wanders around the borders whenever they feel," he queried. Deep down, Awol was ambitious for at least a high rank in the pack, even though he had no reason to acquire it. He wondered how Ibis would pick her court, somewhat, without making her other friends feel hurt. It was not a matter of friendship, but how well you preformed in Ibis' eyes he supposed. He continued his onslaught of questions.

The pair walked through the crisp, cold air and their paws crunched the perished leaved under them as he continued, "Scouting wise, I was hoping to help establish said borders, and determine sub-territories. Hunting grounds and water sources outside the wood are important as well." The young man was all business now, and the transition was quick. What he truly wanted was safety for all his friends — and to help any way he could.
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
He sure had a lot on his mind, and when prompted, went right for it! Ibis listened patiently as he outlined various thoughts; they ranged from such things as the ranks to the borders, then the territory itself, alliances, it seemed as if everything he'd been contemplating since joining the group was coming out at once. It was a little overwhelming. Especially when one considers how little Ibis really thinks about the pack and its inner workings—her primary drive was to survive the winter and reunite with her brother, and the creation of an entire pack to help with that had sort-of come about naturally. She had no desire to rule them, and hadn't even realized that most of the wolves considered her the leader of this venture.

It was useful to listen to Awol, then. He was dedicated to the pack already and very attentive to the people that had gathered, so it was like listening to a distillation of all the questions floating around within the pack.

Ibis would do her best to answer, but she focused on the last bit first, since that seemed like the easiest way to go about it. He'd mentioned sub-territories and she shrugged a little. I'm sure whatever landmarks we find in the woods will be made known as we explore it. If you're determined to map out the territory you will, no doubt, find something interesting here. It is a beautiful place.

There are so many bodies among us now—I think our patrols will be alright without any sort of rigidity. I don't want to force people in to anything. If they want to hunt outside of the woods or go roaming in the valley, I will not stop them. If people grow tired of the woods and leave us for other places, that is okay too—it is up to them, not me. She did not want anyone to feel beholden to the group, and Ibis would never think to punish anyone if they left for an extended period either. It just didn't make sense.

Finally, on the topic of scouting, she smiled and paused her walk. I was hoping you would ask for a scouting mission. I have one in mind, if you would like to hear about it? Here she silenced again, waiting to hear what he had to say. The topic of the pack's ranks was still brewing within her mind; Ibis had not spent much time thinking about them before and presumed things would slide in to place naturally, but it seemed as if Awol hoped for more direction.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away

The male ingested all her answers with the upmost attention. He took up her suggestion to map out the territory in the future, perhaps find a nice settling place for the pack. Awol could only smile as Ibis talked about not forcing her packmates into patrols. She was a very kind soul, and Awol just settled on bringing the duty upon himself for the time being. Ibis' thoughtfulness even depressed him to small degree.

Were his thoughts... controlling? Ibis was so willing to let wolves come and go as he pleased. If it were up to him, he would keep the firmest hold on his packmates as he could — he would need them. Awol couldn't bear the idea of him turning out to be crude an tyrannical. He wanted pack life to be fair as well for his comrades.

But he was still selfish. Ambitious. Ignorant.

Like his mother.

Awol shook his head mentally. he would beat himself up later about his dislikement of himself, for ibis ahd a request. "I was hoping you would ask for a scouting mission. I have one in mind, if you would like to hear about it?" A scouting mission? for him? The very  thought was delightful. Perhaps he would get to visit a new place, scout territory even? Finally he would hold sme purpose for awhile, and fufill his long standing promise to his friend.

"I would love too. Tell me, what do you need?"
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It would take time to digest all that was discussed, but they had time before winter. Things were still in transition right now and as exciting as that was, Ibis couldn't wait for the first proper snowfall or the first glimpse of the woods covered in frost, and hopefully by then everyone would have found their niche. Ibis would make it a priority to think up an answer for Awol in regard to the ranks—if that's what was important, of course. Titles and honorifics were never important to Ibis; she doubted she had the skills to earn any such title beyond lady, and even that was difficult for her to wrap her head around.

Anyway, on to the mission.

Well, you see.. My father lives to the east of us. There is a pack there called Lost Creek Hollow. He offered me help if I should ever need it, and I want him to understand what we've done here. What we're trying to do, anyway. Ibis wondered what her father would think about all of this; the settling of the marsh, for one. Becoming a pack in time for winter was quite a struggle but they were doing well, they had the bodies to support their claim and as far as Ibis knew, that was all they needed. The true struggle would come when winter was upon them and the food shortages became more obvious—but for now, she was pleased with their progress.

My father's name is Terance, and his mate is Treason. They are the leaders of the pack, and I would like you to go and introduce yourself to them. Tell them about what we are trying to do here, and see how they fare. Ibis instructed, she was swift and concise and very serious about it, which was a direct contrast to how aloof she typically behaved. Her tail waved behind her as she concluded the instruction. Maybe if you make a good impression they'll agree to an alliance? I think you'll do well, Awol.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Last post in this spree! I can reply tomorrow! <3

"Well, you see.. My father lives to the east of us. There is a pack there called Lost Creek Hollow. He offered me help if I should ever need it, and I want him to understand what we've done here. What we're trying to do, anyway. Maybe if you make a good impression they'll agree to an alliance? I think you'll do well, Awol."

Not only was the prospect of meeting a new pack exciting, Ibis believed in him. That he would do the mission right.

She believes in me.

"I will not fail. I'll leave right away tomorrow morning...I want to stay with for the rest of the day," he said with warmth and happiness in his tone. Ibis was like the kind, true sister he could and never had — until now. She had given him a mission, and it was important to her. So it was by default important to to him. He then remembered something.

"Last queston, if I may?"
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Awol's enthusiasm and drive were endearing to her. He wouldn't let anything stop him from completing his mission, and for that Ibis was more than thrilled. He had become a fixture within the marsh and Ibis trusted in him, knowing that he would serve the people of the Emberwood well no matter what. It was like having her brother back, she thought suddenly—and that was when Ibis realized the pack she was building was like a family itself, one that she could pick and choose and cultivate. She was so very lucky!

The boy claimed he would leave as soon as the next morning and Ibis nodded, accepting this. He could've taken more time if necessary, but she adored his adamant attitude, his need to see things through. If only more people were as invested. Finally he paused long enough to ask, Last question, if I may? To which she nodded, listening intently for whatever came next.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
This isn't a request, I just thought would be something Awol would ask. :p

"If you had to choose... a second-in-command...who would it be?"
Would it be me? Kukulkan is more likely...perhaps even Bhediya? She's perhaps older than both of us... Or maybe her brother even?

He was anxious that it had slipped out like a request, a smal grab for power. And honestly, maybe it was. Nothing excited him more than the idea of him, Awol, having any authority in his life. The boy would not hold it against Ibis if she didn't choose him. But what if she did?
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
The question wasn't a simple one at all. As it struck her ears Ibis opened her mouth, but she closed it, opened, closed—thinking quickly but being unable to make up her mind simultaneously, leaving her to look very much like a fish out of water. What kind of answer could suffice? She didn't know yet what sort of pack her friends would become, nor who would be suitable at her side.

A part of her was slightly offended by the very question as it could easily imply Awol was after a high rank himself, but Ibis didn't think that was entirely bad, just... A little bit obnoxious, which didn't fit in with what she knew of the boy. She really didn't know how to answer. Was he hoping it would be him? Was he merely probing to see if Ibis had thought about it? She looked utterly lost for a few moments... Then, with a small laugh she answered.

If our pack had a second-in-command I'd like to think we'd all choose. Which removed the responsibility from her alone, and she liked that very much.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Sorry for the horribly nature based post here, it's 9 PM. 

The boy nodded to her reply. "That's fair." 

He yawned and stretched, waving his tail in the air. He stood again to face Ibis with tired eyes. It did nt matter if she coose him or not, though his pride wuld suffer, she was right. Ibis would be a great leader, a leader he could never be. It just wasn't his time. Perhaps, it would never be his time. But the boy dubted that thought and stood. Awol's eyes then pointed to the sky. 

The sun had made its daily journey to the middle of the sky and was beginning to set and let the moon have her time. The cold was nipping at his shoulders like annoying fleas. He sniffed the air and looked graciously towards Ibis.

"Want to continue? Familiarizing ourselves with the wood a bit more I mean." The young man knew he had overstepped the boundaries when it came to his questions, and he desperately wanted a subject change form his constant prying into Ibis' mind.
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
A quick reply so I can archive! :D

He seemed satisfied with her answer and for that Ibis was relieved. She did not know how to make the distinction he required—who was she to tell the many voices of the would-be-pack, 'I am your boss now, and this is how things will be done,'? It would suit her much better to leave the responsibility up to the plethora of wolves gathered with her. Given a chance to step back from this side of the conversation and refocus her energy on the forest, she was glad to go along with Awol. The boy wanted to become more familiar with the woods, and that would benefit all of them. So with a smile and a nod, she agreed, and sauntered alongside him happily, wondering what they might find.