Blackfeather Woods what'd i say to her? why'd i say to her?
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Private 
Desperate times called for desperate. . .well, no. Measures that made all the sense in the world, but somehow hadn't occurred to her until things had gone south. Jakoul's leg was still on the mend; the dark scout had been scarce as of late. Nightstar was gone, too.

And Sakhmet seemed to be missing—again.

Dear Jaes, would it ever end?

Maegi entered the forest, seeking out the ebony form of @Moonshadow. She wondered if the woman had gone searching for her brother, and wouldn't fault her if she did. But desperate times brought desperate need, and Maegi needed her friend desperately now. She had a favor to ask of her. Something that should have perhaps happened a while ago.
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Everything seemed to be falling apart, members were dying and missing left and right and she didn't know how much more she could take both physically and mentally and it seemed her brother was missing once more. The female kept to herself as of late, not pursuing her brother because she couldn't take any more disappointment and her pack needed her here.

A white silhouette caught her eye and she gave a soft strained smile, trying to hide her true emotions; which were depressed and empty.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Hey, Maegi greeted, once the two were approaching each other. It didn't take much to find the sadness behind the smile Moonshadow offered, and she wouldn't have blamed the woman for letting it show, anyway. I've been keeping my eye out for Nightstar. Hopefully he just went out looking for game.

Death or betrayal. She pushed that pessimistic binary away, choosing to focus instead on matters at hand.

She shifted, choosing her words carefully before speaking again. Jakoul's still on the mend, she said. And I'm just not. . .I can't do this alone. I need some help. Her eyes, pleading, fixed firmly on Moonshadow's face, a look that straddled gimlet and desperate. Will you be our Decima?
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was happy to hear what maegi had said, she only hoped that Nightstar hadn't caught up with serem and her pack. What was said next had shocked her only slightly, she knew breiftly about Jakouls situation and would make a not to check on her later. "Of course, I want to help in any way I can." She said simply.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Moonshadow agreed quickly, which surprised her, somewhat. Maegi could have figured the woman would be a little reluctant to lead, what with two of her children and now her brother gone. Still, she wasn't going to ruin this perfect answer with second-guessing.

Thank you, the Nona murmured, smiling in relief. It's a step up, but I'll be right there alongside you—and so will Jakoul, when she's back on her paws. You've been loyal to the woods for so long. . .it only makes sense that you would be a leader here.

She began to pad down the nearest path, motioning for Moonshadow to follow. As Decima, you should be our eyes on the outside, she explained. Look for game, recruit lone wolves. We're short of mouths to feed and food to feed them with. If we hit midwinter with these numbers, I don't know how we'll survive.
Moonspear
Villager
531 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She listened carefully to what was said about her new position. Deep down she was terrified of the new promotion but at the same time felt she needed it to become more helpful. Something she hadn't felt like she was for a long time. "I will do my best to not make you doubt your decision." Was all she could really say. "I do hope the herds return." She stated simply.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Hardly anything you do could make me doubt you, Moonshadow, Maegi responded, with the kind of tenderness she reserved only for those closest to her heart. The woman had been here from the start, after all. Had served under leader after leader, had withstood every storm. She was as loyal as anyone out there—any gaffes would always be weighed against that fact.

She nodded at the new Decima's statement, feeling the emptiness yawn within her stomach. So do I, she murmured, but they may not. We may need to go where they are. She looked at her friend in question. Are you familiar with Diaspora? I spoke to their leader, Mahler, who said they may seek out the herds instead of waiting for their return.

Should we follow? came her unspoken question, but she waited until Moonshadow had said her piece before carrying on.