Northstar Vale Forever Waiting for a Sign
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
All Welcome 
would love to see another pledged CF member!

Gracious found herself alone at the shore of the lotus spring. The lilly pads were a wonderful green shade with different colors and sizes of flower floating atop of them. The sound of the rain droplets hitting against the leaves provided a sense of serenity. Rain was a good thing, although her last encounter with it was rather terrifying, she couldn't deny that rain held a certain beauty to it. The noises the water droplets made when they hit certain objects, the gentle petrichor scent they left once the clouds stopped their burst. 

Droplets braided themselves into her coat, some nestled ontop of her hairs while others began to soak her. She was cold, but not cold enough to make her move. The way the water rippled from each individual raindrop was enough to entice Gracious to remain in the storm. She didn't mind, perhaps she needed to be cleansed like this. She faced bad luck, maybe this shower would reverse her curse. She could only hope, at least.

She sat quietly, feeling the water dribble onto her face and drip off her nose.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It was cold. 

The coming winter made the winds chilled and the rain like ice, dropping down onto his nose and narrowing his flaming gaze. Though far from a downpour, the misty weather, if only he closed his eyes, would remind him of the chilly and rainy mists on the island he had come from. 

He strolled with no particular diection, wondering the beautiful valley thay would be his home over the coming winter until he was able (as he had not given up hope) to reunite with the Nereides which commanded him and pulled his strings. He was without direction or purpose without them. 

Stopping, he took note of the large woman by the spring, letting the rain soak her until it reached the bone. He came to her, curious, his head falling low between his legs as he regarded her silently. Was she alright ?
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Her eyes were gently shut, shielded from the delicate raindrops that continued to litter the sky and ground. Gracious couldn't remember when she stood out in rain like this, on her own terms at least. It would grow chilling, but she held the decision to not put awareness to her body temperature. Instead, she focused on the sounds and sights, rather than the feelings. It could be considered a form of discipline, in the sense where she deprived herself of feeling.

Her mind remained clear, though her ears picked up on the sounds of someone who strode towards her. She doesn't break her focus quite yet due to no words being spoken. However, she turned her head towards the direction the male is in and gently opened her eyes.

In front of her, a young man. His expression left her to believe he had some worry for her. She wondered if he thought she was too old to be in the rain like this. "You look concerned," she said softly, "and perhaps a bit cold as well." Her voice is kind and inviting, she wondered what the male thought of her.
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
The other woman would turn her attention slowly to him, eyes fully opening to regard him. Perhaps he had interrupted a meditating state for her? She spoke and he nodded his crown delicately. Of course I am, ma'am. He addressed her politely. It was easy to follow the rules when the woman weren't beating you down and barking at you like you were filth. Though hopefully the lax manner of the woman here and such a long leash he had wouldn't cause him to get out of line and loose his path of Nereides custom. No woman should be left unattended to. What is it you need? He would ask of her, dismissing her own question of his comfort or lack there of.
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
He sounded a bit official, polite at best. His concern for her was innocent and caused a gentle rumble of a giggle to leave her coal black lips. She felt a bit daft for laughing but couldn't help herself. "I can assure you, I am quite okay out here."

Was Gracious really that old to look weak by herself? She hoped not, she didn't consider herself to be a complete senior or anything. Despite her grey coat, she hadn't aged very much, besides the few silver hairs that came from her stresses of her ocean escape. She'd have to check her coat later for any changes, perhaps her dark spots were fading already.

"I don't need anything, really," her tone was light and fluttery, "except some serenity, and a bit of rain too. And I've already gotten both of those."

She turned her body, now she sat facing him, her back to the pools. "Perhaps, you are in need of something?" It was certainly a philosophical question, she wondered if the male would think or simply make some quick response with formalities. He seemed like a smart one, but she felt curious about his other traits.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
The grayscale woman laughed a bit and thereafter, assured him that she was quite alright out here despite the freezing rains and cooler weather with the coming winter. They were wolves, after all and complete the the coating to keep them warm during the winter savior their noses and even sometimes their paws. Still, if one was not feeling their best, a chill could come about them and sickness settle in. 

Then, after explaining that she didnt need anything, that she had everything she wanted at the moment, Aiolos would have dismissed himself as common custom (to not be seen or heard unless needed)  had she not asked of him the same. What he needed? He was caught off guard and paused with uncertainty. 

After a moment, he huffed out a small laugh, eyes glancing towards her face. Cant say I recall being ever asked that before... His head tilted ever slightly, formless pushing up in a shrug-like manner. I'd like to find my group I'd lost when coming to these lands but, no such luck on that bit yet. He admitted. At this rate,  many of the wolves in the Vale would know he'd lost his seafaring brethern. If anything it would get the word out.
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
The question was something one could spend an eternity thinking about. What did one need? Perhaps, personal achievement, or foood and shelter, maybe even a warm place to rest one's head? Whatever someone or something craved and desired, there was little to distract them. Gracious felt a bit surprised by his answer, then saddened after. To lose a group one belonged to is a weight that rests itself upon the heart and shoulders. She wondered if it was pure bad luck that caused the separation, or perhaps, actions of others. Gracious did not like to assume things about others, but one would leave if the group was going bad. So, what could it be?

She'd philosophize later, for now she kept her attention on the other. "I'm sorry to hear you have lost your way," she said, "fate and destiny like to play fickle games with us sometimes. They'll toss you in the right direction when they feel like it." She could ground herself and tell him something that may hold more meaning, but the woman decided to be a bit more... thoughtful. The universe worked in mysterious ways, in ways wolves couldn't explain. She at least experienced it that way, but perhaps it was different for everyone. "I lost my group too, but I've made new ties here in the Vale, at least, I'm trying to. What was in this group that you miss?" Having others look out for you is a perk, but it doesn't keep wolves alive sometimes -- sometimes it's better to venture off on your own.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Perhaps not fate nor destiny,  but Aiolos had been grown to believe in the Moon and Sea Goddess. Was this their way of tossing him in the right direction? Away from the Nereides which had captured him in his youth? Why would they though cause him to loose touch of their own worshippers? Or perhaps it was a test, to see just how hard and how willing Aiolos was to live amongst them again, to truly by a part of their tribe and be seen as something worthy to rise up in the Male's ranks and claim any rights? 

It was questions not to be answered. Not now at least. Maybe, not ever. 

Then the she-wolf says she had lost her group too. That she was having to start anew here in the Vale, at least trying to. Would that be Aiolos fate? In a situation as this, he was blessed to not have lost any family, a mate to love and children to care for. The closest thing he ever had to such was Ovid. Olo missed him dearly and yet, things could have ended up far worse for him then being found by the Vale Queen. 

Well uhh.. Ovid, mainly. He taught me the ropes and all while I was still a pup; trained me. Olo could call him mentor and a brother. And the rest? He both highly respected him and feared them, but he did not love them. He was in debt to them. The rest, well... I grew up in a lifestyle I've been told most would think odd around here. The Nereides are all female- they rule, and the men are far below them. Not slaves but... He struggled, unable to explain. 

Yes, slaves. Servants. Peasants. 

But what did Aiolos know other then this?
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Ah, a mentor was someone hard to lose. To show someone how to become an adult or how to develop certain skills or even fit into the new lifestyle of a pack, it was a commitment but it came with a wonderful payout of friendship and a feeling of connection. Gracious thought back to her parents for a moment, they were her first and last mentors. It was too bad she was poor at the trade of stealing, her parents were strict mentors and gave Gracious little wiggle room to find time to do her own things besides practice stealth and other traits she would never feel the need for.

Aiolos mentioned his family, but perhaps the word pack or group was better to use. The way he described the set up, a matriarchy where males were far beneath the females; Gracious had to think for a moment. Now, any female may think that would be great considering most packs are ruled by males. Yet, the female hadn't felt the need to create such a distinct line between the genders. Everyone was equal to her, she wondered why the Nereides were such a dynamic. "It certainly does sound strange," she started off, "but everyone walks a different path in life. Sometimes the most normal of things come off as strange."

As for treatment of the males, Gracious did have to think about her phrasing. She didn't want to upset Aiolos by any means by saying something wrong or accidentally hurtful. "It just doesn't sound fair to place some so highly above others, no matter of gender. You and I are equals to each other, different in our own ways and on different levels for skills. But deep down, we are both equals. We are both wolves. Nothing will make us too different from each other."
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Gracious spoke, stating that although of course the customs where he came from were strange to her, everyone had their own manner of doing things. She began telling that, despite how different one wolf may live their life to another, in her eyes, all wolves were equal none the less. Aiolos, despite the majority of his life having been with the Nereides, knew all places did not practice the customs of women being far above men. After all, the females of his pack seemed very meek and fragile in comparison, where his grandfather had ruled with a spiteful and cruel paw. Perhaps due to his mixed upbringing it would be easier on him to adjust should he never reunite with the sea folk again. 

Still, had the Sea women not chosen to take him, to save him, then he might have died in his birth pack and by the teeth of his own grandfather, no less. For his mother was too weak to do anything about it and nor anyone else stood against their Alpha. Aiolos owned them his life and for it, his freedom was not his own to have. 

I guess it's all a manner of experience and views, really... He pondered along with the woman whom settled down in the rain fall. He moved closer to then sit with her comfortably. Nereides believe themselves more fit for ruling then any man. They have a closer connection to the Gods and are blessed by them. The intelligence, wisdom, nurturing, guidance... A woman holds these aspects far greater then men which makes them better rulers. Most men, well, we're grunts throwing our weight and dicks around as though this is what makes a leader great. My grandfather, he was such a wolf and when the Nereides came and raided, taught him the error of his ways. 

He paused, gauging her reaction. Even if he wasnt with the Nereides,  he did not see himself feeling comfortable ever living under a man's rule again. He couldnt, nor could he think himself fitting to lead wolves himself. He was a slave to his upbringing and both stood by it regardless. Aiolos would always work best under the guidance and command of a rightful woman.
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Gracious considered herself to be more of a spiritual wolf who kept herself in line with her beliefs. She never strayed to religion, however, mainly due to her own upbringing. She believed in the forces of life that act themselves upon the physical word, such as fate and destiny. She believed in spirits of others once they left their bodies; yet gods never came across her mind.

As for the way the two genders ruled, Gracious could understand the viewpoints. The females were often responsible for caring and nuturing, it was in their blood to care for the others while the males protected and perhaps provided. However, they would always be grey areas in between the roles. Anyone could be anything nowdadys. She listened tentatively, though when he paused, she decided to put in her own input. "Your customs make sense, I can see many truths," she started off, "but there will always be grey areas, where anyone could be any rule. Any fem could be ruthless, any man could be nurturing. It is all in the matter of someone's core."

She looked around for a moment. "Sometimes we label ourselves more than we should. I think anyone could be anything if we let them try. Would you ever try to be an Alpha, if given the chance?" Gracious licked her lips quickly and wondered how Aiolos would take to her language. To her, his customs were still slightly strange, a bit too controlling to her. Perhaps, if Gracious ever ran a family, she'd conduct it in her ways.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Oh yes, of course. He spoke in agreement to the large grayscale woman. There was always areas of difference which he had experienced. The island females were much stronger, dominant and sharp then that of his birth home and Ovid had been far more caring and compassionate to him then his grandfather could have ever been in a lifetime. His jaw tightened at the thought of loosing him and yet knew the man would want him to keep it together. 

Gracious took to looking over the area of their home, the rains still proceeded and yet were a delicate fall, calming even if chilly in the cold weather. He watched her only, curiously. She spoke of believing that any wolf could do anything, or be anything, if he they tried, if their pack life let them try. Then she asked if she thought he would ever attempt leadership if given the chance. Never before had he thought it to be an option in his life. In one pack he had been a basterd and in another simply a male. But as she said, he could carve his own path, couldnt he? 

I couldnt imagine that... He spoke honestly with a small chuckle. I imagine, if a lady so chose me to rule at her side, I would gladly do so. Though I can honestly say she would be the real one running the show and I'd be there to back her every move. Olo didnt think he would be fit as the face of the pack - playing politics, making the hard choices, guiding and giving pack moral and wisdom. But he could enforce the rules, build the pack, strengthen it. He knew these things. 

Have you ever thought to? You seem like you'd do a good job of it.... He spoke, offering a sheepish smile. She seemed wise after all, a good lessoner, considerate and open to the difference in other cultures from foreign travelers.
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
Aiolos seemed to be ruled by his customs, which Gracious couldn't do anything but respect. It was certainly different from hers, yet her upbringing was different from many as well. Learned behavior and teachings were rarely forgetten, even more so retaught and rewired in one's head. Perhaps, with time, Aiolos would see his potential without the shadow of another guiding him.

As her Gracious' own ability to rule, the female hummed in thought. She never thought of herself as a ruler-type, she lacked leadership and an abilit to direct others at time, afraid of taking control and expressing her opinions that may possibly cause conflict. "I never saw myself filling an Alpha position, but I would certainly enjoy an advisory spot, to help guide others and allow for clear leadership. Even the best of leaders need help when making a tough decision."

"There will always be spots for those who don't lead, afterall, a leader cannot lead others if no one follows him or her." 
Perhaps that was the greatest reminder for the omegas and everyone else who knew they would never have such a powerful spot like alpha. Without them, there is no pack, and there is no alpha. Only loners.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos was unaware of Gracious thoughts, that she found a potential lying within him, without need of shadowing by another. It was the same in which he thought for her. She stated though that leadership wasnt for her, same as he felt. She liked to advise and he smiles, knowing rightfully so she would be good at such a task. As there was a Leader, there was hunters, guardians, herbalists...  not all were good at everything, at least not anyone he knew of were great at everything. 

I think I'll stick to guarding and fishing. Cant go wrong with that. He smiled to the older woman and have his coat a good shake of the waters off his pelt. If you insist on laying out here in the rain, mind if I settle with you? He moved closer to her along the edge of the lotus spring, though paused short in order to allow her to respond, should she not wish for the warmth of company at her side. Either way, he had no intention of leaving just yet. He rather enjoyed her company.
moonglow daddy
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
this has been a wonderful thread, this will probably be my last post. feel free to respond or simply archive!

A soft chuckle left her dark lips, Gracious liked Aiolos. He was an interesting figure to speak with, she hoped more conversations about his culture could occur in the near future. While she wasn't as young as the others that called the Court their home (she was approaching her sixth year this spring), she felt at home with them all. It made her feel welcomed, important at least. She hoped Aiolos could only think and feel the same way she did.

When he asked to stay with her, the monochromatic woman smiled warmly at him. "By all means, you're always welcome to join me." While she enjoyed the quiet moments by herself, she couldn't deny that the moments she shared with others were also just as sweet and peaceful. He moved closer to her while Gracious scooted over a little to close the gap. It felt nice to have someone pressed up next to you, especially in this weather. Whenever they decided to part ways, she'd go let herself dry off in her den. But, until that moment came, she generously took and shared the heat.

This was something she was looking for, a sign of a good future. Perhaps, her curse had already been lifted.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
It really has ! Small reply then achieving...

He placed next to her side and laid down next to her upon her spoken allowance. She would close the distance between them, monochrome and red hued furs mingling. At first, he would settle his chin and throat down on his forelegs, ears back and eyes blinking away the water droplets. It was very rare where he came from, that a woman would allow a single touch from him then to be cuddled up for warmth. Even just those common, instinctual wolf mannerisms he had been lacking for years now.

Soon, without realizing as he started to drift off, he would find his muzzle burrowed into the furs of Gracious nape as he curled against her, sleeping better then he had it what would seem all his life.
moonglow daddy