Wild Berry Meadow promise
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Private 

Eventually she departed from Eastwood, she left him with a smile and a glance over her shoulder. Even if she was not glued to his side it was obvious from the scent lacing her that she had spent plenty of time in his company. Now it was time for her to seek someone else out though. The group had been lingering about in the meadow for some time now and she moved to where the scent of them was the thickest. Carefully she called out. Nirali? Are you around? Native tongue was used in hopes that it might lower the chances of someone else intruding her search. Eagerly her ruby gaze shifted about as she looked for her sister's peppered form.
common & tevene
May we stay lost on our way home.
63 Posts
Ooc —
She's reluctant to part from @Aldric, but it has never been in her nature to stay idle for long, and eventually the urge to do something simply overwhelms her. She slips away with a promise to return to him soon, suddenly aware of the painful rumbling of her stomach. It reminds her that prey has been scarce, that the rest of her group must surely be suffering some of the hunger Nirali is all too accustomed to enduring. Her woes are self-inflicted, she knows, but those around her did not choose it, and she cannot simply watch the situation unfold.
She's searching for berries when Eleni's words reach her, hoping to find some edible remnants left untouched by the frost. A single berry-covered branch sits at her paws, half ruined by the cold. It is, frustratingly, the only thing she has to show for her efforts so far, and she finds herself grateful for the distraction of her sister's sudden presence. Eleni, She calls out in greeting, turning with tail swaying to face her. Want some berries? She gestures toward the branch with her muzzle. Some of them are still alright. They're sweet.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Her tail swayed behind her at the vision of her sister. She briefly wondered if this was what they had been reduced to, picking for fruit when nothing else could be found. She swore the thought conjured the taste of leftover apple in her mouth. Her nose briefly crinkling before smoothing out quickly, rectifying the face she made. The last thing she wanted was Nirali thinking the face was towards her.

I'm okay. She responded with a subtle sway of her tail, her earlier mess up with the fruit kept her appetite at bay for now. There's a forest to the west with some fruit actually. Might be more bountiful. Her comment felt off hand but surely it was relevant. Although she wasn't sure if Nirali would busy herself with fruit hunting but perhaps Aldric or Araceli would be keen on them.

I found it with Eastwood...last night. It was like a blurted confession the way it tumbled out of her mouth. While she didn't feel like she was hiding some big secret from Nirali, Eleni did feel a bit eager to share the news of her night.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
She frowns slightly at Eleni's briefly-wrinkled nose, glancing down at the berries and wondering if they're even less appealing than she'd thought. She knows she isn't the best judge of these things, but she can't help feeling slightly disappointed anyway. We'll look there next, then, Her tone is neutral, almost distracted, gaze drifting in the direction her sister had mentioned. He's an odd one, isn't he? She almost doesn't hear her own words, and moves on abruptly. Her voice is a bit too measured when she speaks again, still not looking at Eleni: Aldric and I are mates.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
She waited, held her breath as she expected a question or two. Anything questioning what they had done or where she was but...it's not what she received. Instead it was almost like the ground was pulled out from under her. But there is no tremor in the earth this time. It's just her own blood blasting through her veins, roaring in her ears before all settling down in an eerie silence.

The question in between the news was obviously forgotten.

Oh, She breathed out the word, letting loose all the air she'd been holding in. Oh, Nirali. That's wonderful. It was, it truly was. So why did she feel this shrinking feeling in her chest? No shrinking wasn't right. Tightening? Focus. When...when did this happen? It's far easier to focus on her sister's newly titled relationship instead of the odd feeling building in her chest.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
The reaction she receives is puzzling, pulling her features into a deeper frown than before as she watches Eleni's expression shift. The change is subtle, but Nirali knows her sister too well to miss it. She swallows, immediately overcome with the feeling that she's done something wrong, and takes a moment to stifle her pride enough to ask. Eleni... is something wrong? Her voice is soft, betraying none of the anxiety creeping up her chest like an icy claw. The news she'd shared is forgotten now, as is the prior conversation, though she searches her memory desperately for where the interaction had gone wrong.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Whatever tightness she had held in her chest seemed to bloom and wither at her sister's words. Eleni was being terribly selfish, wasn't she? Feeling thwarted in plans to share news by her sister's own (unarguably more important) announcement. No. There was honesty in her voice although peppered with a touch of guilt. I was just caught so off guard...I'm thrilled for you, Nirali. Honestly. How couldn't she be? It's then that finally a small smile worms onto her face. If allowed, she moved to bury her face in the peppered fur of her sister's neck. I want to know everything. She whispered as if they were two teenagers at a sleepover, gossiping away — because that is pretty much what they are, let's be honest.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
She can't shake the feeling that something is wrong, but she doesn't want to argue with Eleni and upset her further. She tries to return her smile instead, leaning into the embrace a little desperately, as if it might dissolve the strange tension suddenly between them.
It was... the day after we found them — Aldric and Araceli. Well, that night, It doesn't take her long to switch gears, of course. We spoke earlier in the day — I told him how I felt. And we... spent some time together. Her ears flush with heat, and she pulls from the embrace, clearly affected by the memory of her time with Aldric. A lovestruck smile tugs at her lips, unbidden. Her next words are tinged with a hint of uncharacteristic shyness, fading slightly toward the end. Then he asked me to be his mate — after a bit of prodding, of course.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
It melted away some of the selfishness as she watched her sister's love-struck smile. There was something so oddly innocent and pure about the moment. Admittedly she wouldn't apply either of those words to Nirali but they seemed fitting in this moment. You have no idea how utterly romantic that sounds. Despite the gentle teasing in her voice, her eyes glimmer with admiration. Perhaps her sister hadn't shared every little detail but it was still a story that captured her attention. Are you two going to...take names then or announce anything? There's a hushed eagerness to her voice as she awaited some sort of response.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
A soft giggle slips from her at her sister's comment, head dipping slightly with embarrassment. It's clear she enjoys the attention nonetheless, of course. To think of any interaction between herself and Aldric as utterly romantic... it's a feeling she never thought she'd experience, and she can't help basking in it. I don't know, She admits quietly, though she doesn't sound bothered at all by it.
I don't think I can give up Tilani — Julius did so much for us, it would feel... wrong. I don't think Aldric will give up his name, either. She pauses a breath, then adds: It's not a secret or anything, but I just — oh, I wish I'd paid more attention to marriage back at home! Eleni, I have no clue what I'm doing. Distress colors her last words faintly, though she isn't truly upset about the situation. She knows that if nothing else, Aldric will be willing to navigate the confusion with her.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
The news didn't disappoint her, her only interest was really in making sure her sister and Aldric were happy with the new title being shared between them. New relationship! They may have been close before but well...this was marriage. Admittedly Eleni may not have been the best to start whipping out relationship advice but she was more than ready to offer Nirali a piece of advice. Be happy with each other, grow with each other, and love each other. You two are resilient. Work together and you two will prevail. She offered with an edge of excitement in her tone. Perhaps Urthemiel was guiding her and her words.

Oh how all of this was so exciting, even if her sister was nervous about navigating the new waters before her.
common & tevene
63 Posts
Ooc —
Eleni's advice makes sense, and even sort of echoes Nirali's own hopes for the relationship, but it's a little too wise for her. She smiles, appreciative but amused nonetheless. We were born at the same time, you know, She tells her, nudging her affectionately. How did you turn into an old lady before me? She bites back the urge to laugh, not wanting Eleni to think she's making fun of her (even if she is, just a little). Thank you, Eleni. Then, with a knowing look and her signature aggressive positivity coloring her voice, she plunges forward: So — what did you do with Eastwood? She is no less oblivious to her previous misstep than she was before, but she is genuinely interested.
Common || Tevene
73 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
A small snort of laughter as her head tilted to the side. I'm convinced you just steal the youth from me for yourself. Really it was all of the worrying she did but it was pleasant to think that her already faded youth might be headed towards a good purpose. She wasn't given much time to dwell on those things though. The heat would have colored her cheeks was it not for the plush coat she had. There was no holding back when it came to her sister though. We walked through a meadow like some sappy story and found a lovely forest to rest in for the night. She had to awkwardly grip at the earth to ground herself to stay here in this moment and not run away with her thoughts.
common & tevene