Blackfeather Woods look into a mirror and see yourself, unfamiliar and intruded upon
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
All Welcome 
"Look into a mirror and see yourself, unfamiliar and intruded upon, a wild animal watching you through your own eyes."

possible Trigger Warning for touched-upon suicidal ideation

Falls from grace were hardly beautiful. They were rough and tore some apart. Starting from the inside.

She was not the story of some beautiful woman who had fallen from their throne. She had been crippled by the earth and thrust into a recovery she did not want. She had wished it had crushed her under that boulder that ruined her leg. That it had ran over her until she was nothing worth recovery. Smashed her with the stones and left her to rot, to return to the earth. Yet she had been forced to this shell of a creature. Gaunt and uneven.

It was in the dark of the caves that she lashed out at the air. Sharp jaws parting and clicking in harsh repetition until she'd bite her own tongue. It would bleed and stop and she'd begin again. How long had she done this dance? How long had she kept up until she'd worn herself thin fueled only by resentment for herself?

Pacing, pacing, pacing.

Too long. She could not support herself in this state and her body would punish her when the earth would not. Woozy from starvation and sleep deprivation. In her pacing she would collapse with a heavy thud against stone. White rimmed eyes sought the ceiling of her personal hell. With such a weary mind she could have sworn she was gazing upon the heavens. Glowworms were perhaps the culprit of her fantasy. There she would stay though in her feverish state of worn-thin agitation, watching the ceiling with fading interest.

Pitiful thing.
To think they nursed you for you to destroy yourself.
Hush now.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She followed Jakoul's dwindling scent down to the caves, fearful of what she would find. Upon seeing the rise and fall of ribs against the light of the glowworms, she breathed a sigh of relief—but it was scant. Still very much perplexed, Maegi approached the woman with a soft chuff, each step tentative.

The Nona lowered herself to the cool stone, laying nearby, facing the apathetic, gaunt face. I'm afraid for you down here, she whispered, the cavern naturally augmenting the sound to be louder (yet more fractured, too). What if the shaking starts again, and you get trapped like I did?

She needed Jakoul. The erstwhile Morta's stalwart presence had been sorely missed, like someone had hacked off one of her limbs. To see Jakoul in this state wounded her deeply.
THIS WHOLE WORLD IS ENDING, A NEW ONE BEGINS
326 Posts
Ooc — siv
Silver eyes could piece her together like the brightest constellation of them all. Canis Major, and there is Sirius. The brightest star, her lovely touch. Her words echoed throughout as they shattered her imagery. Constellations fell from the sky as she fixed her gaze upon her real form. Fur, flesh, life in motion.

Take... Take what? Take who? Me. Take...me. She would move to rise to all fours. A feeble thing she was. For a heartbeat or two she would stand before she swayed. Rear met the earth as she leaned against a cavern wall.

She could make it out here. She could, she could. She would.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
Yes, come, Maegi murmured, beckoning Jakoul closer. She came to the woman as the other sagged against the wall. Lean on me. Let me help you. To stay underground might mean the end of both of them, if the earth decided to tremble once more. That was the last thing that should be allowed to happen.

Though she, too, hobbled (even more so with her injured rear leg, though on the mend), Maegi felt able to bear Jakoul's weight. Her determination to heal her friend would defeat, for now, her lack of physical strength. Should she, too, crumble, it would be above ground, not below it.