Wapun Meadow wake up, dreamer, it's happening without you
Read Only 
Helios? His voice cracks, and he swallows, stumbling forward a few more steps on stinging paws. Just a few more steps, and then I'll rest... Helios? The darkness does not answer. It's so cold, and his throat is so dry, and his paws — his burned, bloody paws that he knows he can't think about, those scream loudest. He knows he can't think about them, though, or he will falter. A few more steps, and I'll stop. He-lios — please — He chokes on the last word, throat contracting painfully with a dry sob. Please, please come back. I need you. I need you. He pushes forward, eyes hot and stinging and dry.
A little further, and then — and then —
He collapses. The tears come, then, like they do every night. I'm sorry, He curls into himself, trembling, voice fast and thick and nearly incoherent. I'm sorry I ran, please, you have to come back, you have to — But Helios isn't here, and the night will not answer. He buries his face in his own fur, gagging slightly on the scent of smoke and singed hair. Beneath it all, the faintest trace of his brother still lingers. It's all he has now. Alone, I'm alone, like I deserve. But he doesn't want to be alone. He wants Helios, who has never let him be alone no matter how much he might deserve it. Helios, who has always been his stability, his safety, the one wolf he can stand beside and feel like he could face anything the world might throw at them. Helios, who might be dead.
No — no — not dead, not him, no, just gone. Gone, not dead. Not dead. He swallows, choking back another sob. Not dead. Just gone. He forces his eyes to close, and ignores the way they burn. Just one more day, and then I'll find him, and I'll rest.
common || « french »