Haunted Wood I want my diamonds bought
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
For @Alison
Merc thread
Anyone can hop in if Alison can't thread <3
She wandered through the woods, thinking over the last few days. Hunting with strangers, hunting with her pack. It was glorious. She loved it.
But there were always skills she should work on.

She sought Alison, hoping for a spar. She needed to practice and who better than the General? There were few ranks higher than her now, and Serem only got there because Vengeance wanted her to be, not because she proved a skill...well there was probably one particular skill she clearly did better.

Anyway, she wanted to spar. she had to get better to fight, to defend, to carry out her tasks as well as jobs; if any ever came. They should really promote more. Once the winter was over, she would.
| | | |                              "Common" "Spanish"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
As the days went by his failure ate at him, turned him bitter inside and had him distracted. He wandered constantly, grumbling and even poor Clay couldn't escape his bad mood for that long. He had just snuck away for a moment of privacy when he caught wind of Vanity. A good enough distraction and a wolf he had yet to really interact with, so he headed her way calling out a greeting as she came into sight. She seemed preoccupied so he slowed his pace and tried to think of a good reason he was bothering her. "Hey. Um...do you know how to fight?" it was all that popped into his head and he figured it made sense and actually wondered at the answer as he looked to her. 

lemme know if im not cool to toss him in! I'm looking for mercenary threads
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
A small voice resonated near her. Valour.
Her gaze turned to him, almost looking confused. "Of course I can. What about you?" 
Some learned young, and if Venny was doing anything right this kid would be able to know how to kill by now.

She turned to face him fully, her tongue sweeping out to lick her lips.
It seemed this one wanted to learn anyway. Perhaps proposed to her by Venny himself; her head tilted, studying the growing boy. He was growing pretty quickly it seemed, and looked to be big, but not as big as Venny by a long shot.
She smiled.

"What do you wanna know?"
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
He noticed as he did with most things the beauty in her appearance and personality. It immediately caused him to like her. The way she spoke, so confident and to the point. He studied her silently and thought about how to approach her "I have been in some. Won and lost" he wasnt lying about his skill nor demeaning himself. He thought about what he wanted from her and shrugged "Fight me. Tell me what I need to work on" he suggested and looked her in the eyes "Vengeance named me alpha pup. I have to learn to fight my way out of everything" the determination he felt seeped into his tone, making it sharp and almost demanding.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She admired his truthfulness. Most proud pups would act like they never lost a fight, even if they bore the scars to prove otherwise. But she liked that he could admit he had lost, and knew he still had to learn.
She doubted Hela would think the same.

"Well, Venny clearly thinks you have some talent." Which must be some sort of mark on his CV, since Venny looked down on everyone. She smirked. 
"Well, I'll take you on your offer. What skills would you like to work on?" If he wanted to work on being a guardian, she'd be more forward or vice versa. She suspected he'd want to specialize in warrior; most pups did. Most wolves here she suspected did. 
But what he said made her want to teach him right there.
"But you must realize you cannot be taught to get out of everything. Everyone is trained differently." You had to learn from fighting, and to do so you'd have to fight everyone. And that was just wolves. Other animals would pose completely different problems: bears, lynx, cougars. All could kill. Only survivors knew how to really defeat them.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
A surge of pride ruffled his fur, eyes brightening though not much else changed about his stance. She thought that Vengeance was proud of him but he could never tell by the way the man wasn't teaching him as he was supposed to be. Even so, it was nice to hear that others thought so, he could use that to not be cast down for his mistakes. For a moment he took offense to her words and glared before he thought them over and shrugged "I know how to run when needed. Staying alive is what counts. Being on top makes that easy" he wanted to be like Vengeance or at least good enough to one day be where the man was in life. "Teach me...how to take down someone who is faster than me" he wanted to know how to do both, his mind focused on rising in the pack as a whole and his main blockage in that was Hela. She was frustrating and strong and so far he couldn't beat her, she was a quick and fierce girl who wasnt afraid to go for vital parts. "I need to keep my throat and face protected better too" he knew that much but...he seemed to fail and Hela always seemed to use it against him.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Pride seemed to sweep over him, to then be snatched away with a glare. Children were so temperamental. 
The thought through what he wanted to learn. Of course, she didn't know much herself about fighting someone faster than herself, for she was always fastest. Sometimes the speed of others took her by surprise.
So she had to think about how she'd been defeated.

"To fight someone faster, you keep moving, and you try to corner them or use your weight against them. You let them attack, so they are close enough, and you keep them there." Most fast wolves were like vipers, attacking then darting away, but if he could snatch them in the short space of time by anticipating when they would attack.
"Anticipate, but don't commit until they have." If they decide to feint, you may miss a target completely. You could die because of a mistake like that.

And as for protecting the face and neck, that was easy enough.
"Your face will often be caught, but always try to put your teeth there without exposing your neck. Chin down, ears folded." Chin down protected the neck and putting your teeth in the way of an attack protected the sides and face. Ears were already protected.
 She loked at him, wondering at how they were nearly the same height already. Why was she so small?
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Valour listened to what she said and nodded slowly thinking it over. He wanted to catch her by surprise, to really get her on the defensive quick so that the fight would be real enough for him to learn something. "do you think about what would happen if you make a certain move, or about how you are vulnerable at the moment?" he asked her curiously because he did sometimes but other times he lost focus and let emotion rule him. It never served him well when he lost his control and focus. He made sure to keep his expression as unchanged as possible while retaining eye contact so that she still thought he was focused on the conversation. Suddenly without a breath taken he sprang forward toward the right side of her while angling and ducking his head toward the underneath of her chin and attempting to nip while darting toward her side, spinning as he went so his head was always toward hers. 

No PP just an attempt! He can miss for sure!
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Good question. But anyone who knew how to fight well knew the answer.
"Yes, because if you don't you will fuck up and die."
There was no blunter way to put it really, so yeah. It was what happened. Look at all the creatures Venny dragged and ate under the canopy.

She waited a moment for another question, but it wasn't in words.
He lept at her and she swung herself to the side, chin tucking close and presented her teeth to his attack, just like she'd taught. She felt his teeth clatter hers and nick across her lip and cheek, causing her to move further out of the way, and around him, swinging her rear around to make herself a slim target and the most presentable feature was her face and shoulders.
Blood trickled into her mouth, a good shot for sure. But they were both nimble and could provide a good lesson for the pair of them.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
"You could do that anyway, you don't know every move they'll make" he responded once they faced off again, his voice steady and hardened with focus as the conversation became less important than the fight beginning. His eyes swept over her frame, she was bigger than he was though he could use that to his advantage. He lunged for her right side neck extended and as he grew close, he twisted his head so that his jaws were open and parted ready to meet hers like she had done to him if she tried to defend and if not already moving to grab a hold of whatever flesh along the side of her face he could get to. If he made contact he'd release before his teeth could do any damage, knowing the difference between a true fight and a lesson being taught. 

Lemme know on discord or in PM if I should roll or if you wanna just post out a no injury training thread for easy trade purposes.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
I'm so sorry I've been so absent recently and holding this up. A no damage fight would probably be easier so don't worry about rolls.
"If you larn, you can predict moves, if you watch and think, you will know how to counter them." And now, she could see the twitch of the tail, and the ears slicking back a breath before the attack. He watched his target even if his body told a different story, and she swung her body out of his way, again putting teeth to teeth.

Then, she pushed forward, pressing him backwards and using her size to overwhelm him. Though, if he didn't panic or give up, he should realise she was matched in power. Her small and lithe form didn't lend much to strength in battles but certainly in speed. And when speed can be used to attack, that was where she was the assassin.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
Her words grounded him and he took a breath in as they sank into his mind. He released the breath and focused back on slowly watching every move she made and this time catching the tensing of her muscles and the lift of her foreleg before she moved toward him and he ducked into her move to protect his neck pushing his head flat against her chest headbutting her solidly and then slipping to the side and twisting away to face her again head kept low this time to protect his neck as he gave no pausemade to move forward as if he was going to attack her his eyes raised to watch her reaction as his jaws parted as if to bite. If she moved backwards he would completely stop moving and smile to show he had done it purposely, If she attacked in return he would handle it as it came.

Okay dokey! Me too, my muse has been super spotty. I'm okay with small pp for bumping and stuff since it's a no injury fight, is that chill?
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Controlled aggression. The deadliest weapon a wolf can behold.
And he clearly had the potential.
Vanity made a note there and then to oversee Vengeance trains the child properly. If not, she'd do it herself. Though Vengeance knows how to fight for himself and Valour would grow to be the same. Vanity had a different fighting style. Like a T-rex versus a Velociraptor. 

He beheld her and countered with a headbutt to push her backward. Protecting his neck and using considerable force. She took a stumbling step back, then another controlled one with a chuckle. "I see Venny has trained you his signature move." She smirked, wondering what he'd make of it. "Headbutting can cause confusion and sometimes more damage to you than your opponent." She found that out.
And he'd paused at her retreat.

She moved forward, snapping her teeth at him, wondering how he'd retaliate.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
It hit him like a lashing of flame, the fact that he had pulled off one of Vengeance's move. The awe and surprise in his voice was raw enough as he puffed up and announced "He didn't". The chuckle had him smile as he said it, tone proud and perhaps a bit cocky. The cockiness was perhaps why she should have seen what he was going to do for her next move. Playfully he went to headbutt her as she snapped and realising that he would probably smack into her began to try and pull back gasping as he hoped she would also pull ack at the same time.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She snorted, wondering how he didn't know how Vengeance's small mind operated. But his joy was apparent, and she smirked. He had such a strong head with a big heart; she wondered if he is what Venny was like when he was young. Maybe that's why he was brought in. 

He moved towards her, not with much aggression though. There was no real power behind the move. The muscles in her neck locked, stopping her attack short, but instead swept a paw out to bowl him over with the same sort of power his headbutt held.
She couldn't do that with Venny, but hopefully, Valour wouldn't turn out like that.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
As he pulled back she struck out and down he went, rolling into the ground so he wouldn't hit too hard and hurt himself. He lay still for a moment and then pushed himself up his tail swaying as he lowered his head and backed away "You win" he was a bit sore from his fighting with Hela and running off outside the pack territory so he felt that her getting him down was a good place to end. "So...in your opinion how far do I have to go before I'd make a good fighter?" he asked her warily. He expected to be told he sucked, hoped that he would be praised and remembered every time Vengeance had told him what a crappy job he was doing. For once he just wanted to be right in something, to be told he was good at something and could be better instead of made to feel bad.
3/10 mastery
Máscara del diablo
461 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She chuckled softly; the sound matching an autumn leaf on the wind.
He expected to be called a failure.
"You already are," she mused. "You're better than Hela, you have controlled anger. She is fire-screamer. You just need to learn more."

He was good. Not the best, that wasn't what he'd asked. But he could hold his own in a fight and he could defeat Hela is she wasn't so overwhelming. He needed to work on not being affected by another's technique but rather work on his own. Counter, not copy.
"Keep training." She grinned, moving away to continue her other tasks. Her day seemed much brighter now, for some reason.
563 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Warrior
For a moment he had to keep quiet and try to hide the fact that the praise had him lit up inside like the first light of the sun in the morning. His tail swayed at his hocks as he grinned and then ducked his head, forcing himself to calm down again and instead just beaming a smile at her. She told him to keep training and he nodded, uttering a happy thank you before he turned and began to walk away feeling much better than he had when he arrived.
3/10 mastery