Emberwood The Beastie Boys fought and possibly died for my right to party
"Love life" may be a rather grandiose term for staring at women on the bus
142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
For Uaine Gorsedd formation!

Oh, yes, this was quite good. Much better than the marsh. There were still things to hash out re: Lolita, and he hadn't seen too much of Pirrup in the last day or two. . . but overall, quite good.

Pygmalion was busy being a model citizen of Ibis' new venture. Uaine Gorsedd, it was called. For whatever reason, it felt good on his tongue, which he chalked up to fate being just right. He was meant to have come here, to be here. To be with Bhediya and all the rest.

So yes, he patrolled the borders, he stocked the caches with squirrels, and today, he moseyed around a potential rendezvous site, wondering if a sharp drop-off in the earth that left an overhang could be dug into a den. Better do it quickly before the frost set in. . .

So dig he did, dig dig dig, until his paws were dark and his chest and muzzle spattered with mud, leaves and detritus.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
It was insufferable. Pygmalion was Grayday, but he was alive. Bhediya knew that there would never be another Day, but seeing their similarities.. Sometimes, if she really tried, she could imagine that he was still there with her.

Bhediya had no right to be so sad. It had been her decision to leave. Grayday hadn't been perfect, but they could have worked it out. Instead, Bhe left; their divison was her doing. 

The day had been filled with lamentations of the past. She sulked into the territory's center, hoping to avoid as many faces as she could. Unfortunately, Pygmalion was in the middle of her path and he likely hadn't missed her scent.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
His digging was interrupted, happily so, by the incoming scent of Bhediya. Even through the dirt could he smell her, so fresh and sweet and lovely. Pygmalion paused in his work and popped up, grinning as she approached. Hey! he called out, tail wagging. He took a moment to shake his coat out (far enough away not to spatter her in the process) before coming closer.

It was only then that he registered her glum face. What's the matter? Pyg asked gently, cocking his head. Ye look like ye've had a rough day. 

Maybe that was a reach. Maybe he was prying. But what else was he meant to do with a sullen goddess come across his path? All he wanted to do was to make her smile.
As of January 18, this wolf is in the final stages of the rabies virus. Violent interactions are at your own risk.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The eruption of Pygmalion's voice broke the silence. Bhediya watched him shake the debris from his porcelain coat and listened carefully as he expressed his concern. She feigned a smile in response to Pygmalion's prodding. I'm okay, she replied. These moods were flighty, so there was no use in divulging their origins. What were you doing?

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He didn't believe her, but that was okay. If she wanted to talk about it, she would. She trusted him, right? Pygmalion let it slide for now, continuing to smile. I was digging dens fer the winter, he explained, canting his head back toward his messy work in explanation. Fer anyone who wants to keep warm, or a mother with weans. . .

Pygmalion paused, face growing thoughtful. He wondered how many children would be born within Uaine Gorsedd this coming season. He wondered if any of them would be his. Hers.

It's easier work here than in the north, Pyg continued, breaking the silence after a moment. Up there, the ground is frozen most of the year; ye have to do it in the summer, or else ye won't break through at all. He sneezed explosively, then, ducking his head to direct the spray somewhere other than Bhediya's beautiful face. Damn dust.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The thought of children had been on everyone's mind, it seemed. Bhediya speculated that Ibis would come to couple with Awol for no other reason than their closeness in age. The thought of carrying her own litter was overwhelming and unpleasant, so Bhe chose to ignore it for the time being.

Pygmalion's sneeze caught the scout by surprise. She jumped back, hackles raised, and watched as he slowly recovered. It was difficult to fight back a smile. You okay? she giggled, finding herself nudging at his shoulder. Snot could be seen still clinging to his nose; to avoid embarassment, Bhe chose to ignore it. 

I, uhm, she said as her expression settled, Do you want to take a walk?

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Fine, he half-wheezed, sniffling. He lifted his head and stared at her laughing face, momentarily entranced by the lines of beauty in it. It took a little bit for him to shake out of it, and when he did, things had grown serious again. Do you want to take a walk? Aye, sure, Pyg replied, beginning to move ahead at a slow pace.

Maybe she wanted to talk about what she'd been feeling. He knew she was upset; he could see it clear as day. Was it him? Was it something he had done? Worry began to prickle at him, and he engaged himself with staring straight ahead, looking at the crumpled, dying leaves on the ground.

So, how've ye been? he asked casually, trying to keep his jitters at bay.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
The mood quickly settled back into its monotonous origin. Bhediya normally dreaded keeping pace with larger wolves and Pygmalion was no different, but she made the effort anyway. I, uh, she sighed between laborious breaths, I've been thinking a lot. There was more to it than that, of course.

Thoughts of Maegi and her Jaes drifted lazily through the scout's mind. Do you remember the conversation we had at the marsh? It'd been a while since then. It seemed that their situation had been flipped on its head; nothing was the same.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He sensed somewhat her efforts to keep up and slowed his pace, taking smaller steps, despite the strangeness of the new gait. It took him a moment to respond to the question as he thought back, lips pursed thoughtfully. Aye, I suppose, he replied, wondering which conversation she referred to. Aboot our families?

Pygmalion had learned a lot, then. So had she, about him. It was what he considered to be a watershed moment in their relationship; perhaps she considered it the same, and wanted to continue on where they left off. What's on yer mind? Pyg asked softly.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
you asked me about my family, bhediya sighed, and i brushed it off. pygmalion hadn't meant anything by it; he couldn't have known any better and she knew that. it's been on my mind since then.

the structure of her native culture was nothing like that of the wilds. bhediya had come to prefer the latter, though the effects of growing up under the former remained apparent. i shared a mate with two other females. about a month before i found the wilds, i had my first litter. they were too young to travel so i left them behind.

when it first happened, she'd made up every plausible excuse as to why she'd left. the fact of the matter was that she'd done it because she was suffering from a fear rooted in self-doubt. that fear lingered into her life with grayday and their children were made to suffer for it, too.

i don't like to talk about it, bhe continued, but you asked. you haven't done anything to make me distrust you, so...

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Wow. The concept of sharing mates was completely alien to Pygmalion. The Pangloss clan tended to mate once and mate for life (until death, if not beyond). One and done. How did a man handle all of that beauty? Perhaps. . .well, no. Maybe it was best that he didn't follow that lifestyle.

The children were another thing altogether, and it was clear Bhediya was torn up about that, still. Whether or not he agreed with it was beside the point; it had happened, and now they were here. Och, I'm glad ye trust me, Pyg murmured, smiling. At least the children had the other two women, aye? They weren't alone.

If she let him, Pyg would place his muzzle against her shoulder, taking a slow, steady draw of her scent through flared nostrils. It's all right, Bhediya, he said softly. Ye're here, now. And maybe ye'll see them again, someday, like I've found Pip and Lita here. It's no impossible.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
the children weren't alone, but she was. for a long time, there was no one with whom she could share her grief. instead of being able to express her pain, bhediya had been forced to hide it, unresolved, and do her best to forget.

pygmalion's touch was welcomed, if not encouraged. even without the details, she understood his words of encouragement and accepted them with a smile. i appreciate you listening, she replied, and not judging. even if pyg had developed his own opinion (and bhe was sure he had), she appreciated that he'd kept it to himself.

i just needed to get that off of my chest, bhe continued, so...i don't know. i'm glad i can talk to you.

142 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The corners of his eyes creased in the giant smile that stretched his maw. Of course, Pygmalion responded amiably. Ye can talk tae me anytime, Bhediya. I promise I'll always be here with open ears— And an open embrace, too.

He thought of pulling her close but decided against it, figuring that one caress per day (for now) was probably a good place to start. After all, she'd come a long way from shying away from his touch in the fox-scented forest. They were making progress. That was good.

Want tae help me wi' the digging? Pyg asked, canting his head down the path they'd traveled.
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
wrapping!

bhediya nodded, the sudden change in mood clear in her demeanor. it was a pleasant turn of events to be able to spend time with pygmalion, despite him having been the one member she'd previously hoped to avoid. i won't be fast, bhe admitted, 'cause i've got short legs. i can still help, though. without waiting for pyg's guidance, she began to trot back toward their starting point to dig into his den.