Great Bear Wilderness intaka yakha ngoboya benye
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
All Welcome 
i can't get the dice to work so i'm using the google number generator, lol.
"running after two snakes because it would make their parents proud."

the sun crept below the horizon as the moon steadily rose, her choir of stars forming behind her. the day's glory was coming to an end and his creatures knew it.

ndiyachela, makubekho ukutya.

it was a silent plea made out of desperation. anathi's hunger grew as the prey populations declined; he wondered if life would ever return to these lands. 

uzama ukundibulala?

a rustle in a nearby patch of grass pulled his attention from his lamentations. anathi primed himself to pounce, hoping that whatever crept in the shadows would be enough to sustain him another day. 

there was silence. another sound from his left, though this one significantly louder. his body was being driven by a deadly cocktail of instinct and starvation.

without thinking much further, anathi leapt from where he was once crouched and aimed for the mysterious creature. inyoka! he yelped upon finding his paw atop the scaly reptilian skin. while the fear persisted, it was easily done over by the growling in his stomach. 

while he recovered from his momentary shock, the snake took the opportunity to slither away. determined to claim his prize, however, anathi took after it with a hunter's will.

134 Posts
Ooc —
It's not every day Belharra finds someone more off-kilter than hers truly, but today was that day. She watched as a wolf (was it a wolf? his fur seemed so strange) wound through the wilderness. There was feverish hunger in his eyes. Belharra might have forgiven him that glimpse of madness, except for he spoke what sounded as absolute gobbleygook to her educated and sophisticated ears.

Then there was a snake: a snake that, somehow, had shocked this man with the red spine upon his back. Confused enough to squint and silently mouth the universal sign for "what-the-f", Belharra couldn't help slinking after him. If he was amusing enough, it might be dinner and a show. She didn't mind snakes in the least, and could go for a meal right about now if she was honest.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
the chase lasted only but a moment. the snake was fast, but the hunter was faster; anathi was almost immediately atop his prize with his jaws wrapped around its head. its partner had since managed to escape.

the scales were tough and difficult to break through. it took more force than anathi had expected to peel away the skin and reach the meat. the scent of a stranger was carried on the wind. mholo. he stood still and silent while he waited for the reply.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Hunter became victor, in what could not have been more than the span of several seconds. Belharra was briefly sentimental for the snake: she wondered if food knew when their lives were up, if they had any last thoughts before they shuffled off this mortal coil.. She doubted that particular snake thought much of anything, as she watched the red furred beast slice and dice his skull with excellent efficiency.

Expecting a hello, Belharra's ears flicked as a strange salutation rose between them. "Mhalo? What is that, your mouth full?" Belharra, sitting on her haunch like a begging dog, was consterned by this strange word. It meant nothing to her, least of all "hello". Moreover and more important than figuring out what in Fenrir's fang mholo was, was he gonna share his food or what?
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
the common tongue was foreign to the eastern wolves. there were dialects that came close, but none so much as to rival its harshness. a moment of hesitation passed. ek sê, uhm, hallo. it was the closest thing that he knew to english, though he doubted the stranger would understand.

anathi turned to face her and understood her posturing. he smiled and gave a nod of his head. slang, oukei? the hunter knelt down and lifted the mutilated corpse. ek en jy. he attempted to tear the beast in half but found it difficult to make a clean cut. 

the stranger needed to eat. anathi understood that, but he also knew that this meal was meant for him. giving it up completely was not a viable option, but the language barrier made communicating the problem nearly impossible. he looked to the stranger and nodded for her to approach.
134 Posts
Ooc —
Belharra looked the picturesque icon of patience as she waited for this red-maned beast to make an iota of sense. So far, all he had done was continue in his deviltongue. Belharra lifted her head slightly, looking upon the man in the way a person who is trying to accurately read something illegible might; the corners of her eyes narrowed, followed by an apprising squint that finished in a knowing smile.

"Ah, I know what it is you're sayin'." Belharra nodded graciously, taking a bold step forward. "You're offering me not just a slice of a pie, but the whole thing. Say, I gotta tell ya, that's mighty kind of ya. I've met a couple of wads so far, so you're alright." Belharra held her posture still a moment, as if waiting for his go ahead, but then she yoinked the snake right out from him and lit off with a cackle.

It was all a prank in good fun. Belharra slowed and turned around, dropping the snake with a grin so he could collect what was rightly his. "Sike. Though a nibble would be nice."
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
it was difficult to coordinate a reaction under such strange circumstances. the woman's initial approach was met with a friendly wag of the hunter's tail. tension grew as she spoke, finally bursting from its cocoon with her escape.

anathi had no way of knowing that it was a game. in his mind, something had been stolen from him and it was his only right that he fight to get it back. hackles raised, ears flat; the hunter pursued his prey with barks of aggression.

the woman dropped the snake and continued to speak. anathi swooped down to grab the corpse from beside her paws, then trotted a few feet away. 

umdlalo?

it took a moment for him to calm down. he fixed a cold stare on the prankster but allowed his tail to begin its wag once more. ek, anathi said, en jy. the explanation was ended by a nod to where the stranger stood. anathi picked the snake up and motioned again for her to come forward.
afrikaans xhosa
134 Posts
Ooc —
More than once, Belharra's "game" had evoked negative reactions. As barks exploded behind her Belharra was already thrusting for Mach 3000 - her tail tucked in instictive protection as she boogeyed out of proposed dodge. Just as she dropped the snake the male snatched it up, understandably - and while Belharra understood not a word of what he said, she saw dawning recognition cross his features.

"There ya go, buddy," Belharra beamed, tail wagging as she pounced into a playbow. The mahogany male's nod was the exact cue Belharra needed to engage again. Her long legs propelled her forward in a stiff but athletic jump towards him, this time she aimed to snag whatever she could of the snake's tail, providing he hadn't caught wind and moved away.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
there was something wrong with this woman. anathi watched in amused confusion as she pounced forward and snapped for the snake's tail. long, russet legs pranced a few steps away, the dangling corpse in tow. behind him, the hunter's tail continued at its slow wag.

a devilish smile began to grow on his maw. slowly, he knelt down and placed their toy on the ground, though his eyes never left her frame. anathi licked the blood from his lips and continued to step backward as he waited for her to continue their game.
afrikaans xhosa
134 Posts
Ooc —
"Something wrong" didn't even scrape the tip of the ice-berg that was the extensive laundry list of "things wrong" with Belharra's faculties. She fancied she even detected that very thought as it marched across the red wolf's face, pretty as you please despite the little smile that accompanied it. She straightened up, her gaze suddenly flinty.

"Oh no," Belharra clucked in disapproval, eyes narrowing. "I've got a bit of sense in me yet, I played that trick often enough I know what happens next." He meant to lure her, maybe even to snatch at her neck as she dove for the snake. She was hungry, but not that hungry. She had lived long enough to know, maybe a bit too intimately, what happened next. Puffing out her chest and standing straight, Belharra shook her head. "Ye's get better luck gettin' blood from stone, I suppose. I'll just be on my way." Belharra made painfully obvious motions that she was going to leave - whether he even understood was another matter.
53 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
i'm going to wrap this!

it seemed that the game ended just as it was about to begin. confused, anathi stood tall and tried to pick out words from the strange woman's speech. there wasn't much to hang onto so instead of arguing, the hunter waited and watched her turn to leave.

his disappointment was evident but his hunger far outweighed it. as soon as belharra was out of sight, anathi laid on his belly and began to dig in.
afrikaans xhosa