Emberwood come along with me
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Private 
@Ibis — whenever you feel <3; starting out in the emberwood? i can change at whatever point, this is also very vague and short; a bit of PP, lemme know it that should be changed

A howl for @Ibis;
a hope for an answer, and the promise of adventure.

When the female eventually arrived, he explained himself. "I know I said I would rest, but perhaps we could scout somewhere far off from here...you and me?" He remembered the bypass he had admired from his visit to Lost Creek Hollow, and offered that location. 
place holder
[Image: ezgif-7-849c01d20f4e.gif]
common & german 
currently without memories, has a huge head scar of a four pointed star
on left side of head and one lip scar under left eye.

❛i'm an ungodly man, so i'll take the chance.❛
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis was just finishing up with a cache - this time, filling it up with dirt. She'd managed to find a small possum trying to hide-out in the trees and snatched it while it slept, which was quite a feat for the girl as she hadn't ever been much of a hunter; but she heard Awol calling for her just as the last bits of soil scattered across the hard earth.

She sighs - the breath unfurls from her slowly and dissipates. For a split second she considers ignoring the call but knows that isn't right, that isn't what one expects of a leader. Ibis had hoped that building a counsel would help her get better as a leader but also, provide her with help overall — it felt more like they were each calling to her in need of something, and she was being pulled in different directions. A thought for another time.

The pause is very brief, and soon she is hiking across the expanse of forest to where Awol is waiting for her; when she arrives he launches in to an explanation that sounds vaguely apologetic for some reason. It doesn't surprise Ibis at all that Awol is so focused on his scouting, as it is one of the main reasons he agreed to stay with them - so she smiles as warmly as she can, but looks a little tired all the same.

Sure, we can go out. Perhaps it is the prospect of a new horizon that prompts her eagerness, her ease to agree. The caches can be tended by others for a while, she thinks. When he offers the bypass, she is intrigued.

While the young woman has scouted much of the valley herself, she doesn't recall ever seeing the bypass herself, and asks, How far is it?
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away

like the name change!

The yearling smiled briefly when the beige lady wound her way through the aspens to him. Her agreement to his proposal was soothing, finally something they could do. "A bit northeast of Lost Creek Hollow, I saw it befre but never explored it. Who knows, we could find prey or something exciting," he mused gracefully his words feuling his need to traverse the valley and investigate the looming bypass.

Awol offered to lead without speaking turning round and waving his tail at her before beginning his paceless canter. Down the sloping fields and through the grove and ferns, they would arrive at the bypass.
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Sorry for the wait!

A day trip sounded like fun; it wasn't often that Ibis got much time to herself, and when she did it was usually interrupted pretty quickly by someone with a questions or a duty needing to be done, so she was pleased to have this little break. At least this way she could get out and stretch her legs, maybe even get to know Awol a little bit better—plus there was the chance they'd track down something to eat, and the pack was always in need of food these days.

She nods, swiftly taking flight with a few prancing strides—and then Awol is leading the way. Ibis doesn't mind; it reminds her of when she used to travel with her brother, and sometimes as she moved to catch up to the fleet-footed scout she thought of Ereshkigal, at least until the sloping fields gave way to the immense (and yet distant) bypass, which took her breath away.
128 Posts
Ooc —
Away
@Terance & @Arbiter — anyone as well! p.s srry for the non detailed post, a bit busy atm

"Come on, we're not to far off now," the boy stated, turning his head from the benevolent female and increasing his speed. Towards the bypass they went, two adventurers in need of adventure! As they would near, Awol stopped in his tracks, surveying the bypass. 
place holder
common & german 

Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It might make more sense to have a thread over at the bypass?

The mountains rose up as crooked teeth from the low plains, not as impressive as the Sunspires but a more dominant fixture than Apikuni; Ibis presumed it would be a while until they reached the shadow of that vale, but that wasn't an issue. Awol moved quickly, and she tried to keep up with her doe-like bounding. Alas, the woman's small stature neant she was required to work twice as hard to follow the Bard. By the time she caught up to Awol's flank (in time to hear his good natured cajoling) she was out of breath.